A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-10-20 14:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Just like you wouldn't expect your local day care centre to let your kids to play GTA or watch anything that may deem inappropriate for their age range.

I wouldn't expect a daycare center to let a child play GTA.

I would expect Toys R' Us to sell GTA.

And I bet they do and still will.

So unless you think they should pull every single item of questionable content for the 13-and-under crowd off their shelves...

Dude you're totally offbase here.

If you buy any M rated game at Toys R Us (17+, still a teen) you're going to get carded for it unless the employee is slacking. That's policy because Toys R Us is a kids store and thus doesn't want kids buying M rated games.

Goes back to that responsibility thing mentioned in their own mission statement. If you're an adult you can buy it elsewhere or conform to the barrier put up to keep kids away from adult things.

Breaking Bad has zero, none, zip, zilch reason to be in their stores. It's a show for adults and straight up says it when you watch Breaking Bad. Mature audiences sup? The only reason it made the shelves I suspect is because someone at procurement figured it'd make money and people wouldn't ***.

Welp, a parent bitched. The responsible thing to do now if they give a ***about the mission statement is to yoink them from stores and get back to hawking 30 dollar Pokemon toys and selling Halloween costumes that suck *** for 4 year olds. You don't get to have a friendly giraffe as your mascot then hawk drug dealer toys.
The bolded should hold true, and probably does, for the items in TRU's adults section. You want to buy it? Proof of age required. Under 18? Denied sale. Simple as that.
You may think its easy, but its not. Based on when I worked retail, we had multiple occasions of refusing to sell M-rated games to kids without proof of age. Then we would get an irate parent wanting to know who were we to say their little snowflake couldn't buy this game, making a huge scene. You really can't win in these situations.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-20 14:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know very out of context but with all the *** talk someone saying they have the "mini devastator" hit me right in the funnies lol
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-20 14:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Just like you wouldn't expect your local day care centre to let your kids to play GTA or watch anything that may deem inappropriate for their age range.

I wouldn't expect a daycare center to let a child play GTA.

I would expect Toys R' Us to sell GTA.

And I bet they do and still will.

So unless you think they should pull every single item of questionable content for the 13-and-under crowd off their shelves...

Dude you're totally offbase here.

If you buy any M rated game at Toys R Us (17+, still a teen) you're going to get carded for it unless the employee is slacking. That's policy because Toys R Us is a kids store and thus doesn't want kids buying M rated games.

Goes back to that responsibility thing mentioned in their own mission statement. If you're an adult you can buy it elsewhere or conform to the barrier put up to keep kids away from adult things.

Breaking Bad has zero, none, zip, zilch reason to be in their stores. It's a show for adults and straight up says it when you watch Breaking Bad. Mature audiences sup? The only reason it made the shelves I suspect is because someone at procurement figured it'd make money and people wouldn't ***.

Welp, a parent bitched. The responsible thing to do now if they give a ***about the mission statement is to yoink them from stores and get back to hawking 30 dollar Pokemon toys and selling Halloween costumes that suck *** for 4 year olds. You don't get to have a friendly giraffe as your mascot then hawk drug dealer toys.
The bolded should hold true, and probably does, for the items in TRU's adults section. You want to buy it? Proof of age required. Under 18? Denied sale. Simple as that.
You may think its easy, but its not. Based on when I worked retail, we had multiple occasions of refusing to sell M-rated games to kids without proof of age. Then we would get an irate parent wanting to know who were we to say their little snowflake couldn't buy this game, making a huge scene. You really can't win in these situations.

Sure you can. show them the company policy and if they have complaints shoot them to CS
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-10-20 14:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah those are the parents that need a bitchslap of justice applied to the ear, nose, and upper lip region
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-20 14:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen the opposite. kids who want COD/GTA games, when walking to the register, they refuse to sell them, telling them they need their parents to buy it.

parent shows up, clerk explains to parent that the game has XY/XX/XZ content not appropiate for kids, verifying if they want to buy it.
parent says yeah.
or turns to the kid "wtf are you trying to buy"

also seen parents/grown ups buy these games for their kids, only to return the game a few mins after they walk out the store.
By volkom 2014-10-20 15:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

I have seen the opposite. kids who want COD/GTA games, when walking to the register, they refuse to sell them, telling them they need their parents to buy it.

parent shows up, clerk explains to parent that the game has XY/XX/XZ content not appropiate for kids, verifying if they want to buy it.
parent says yeah.

also seen parents/grown ups buy these games for their kids, only to return the game a few mins after they walk out the store.

my first M game
was only 8 years old :O

Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-20 15:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja!
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-20 15:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You underestimate me.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-20 15:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, Tenchu Stealth Assassins. A genre defining title.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 15:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously nobody has kids in rural West Virginia or even VA, meth is the norm. Nothing to see here folks.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 15:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

parent says yeah.

I pointed out a few times to the parents back when I ran an electronics dept (in the day) and about half was they told them no, and the other half was usually a fat kid with an old lady (probably grandma, due to mother being a crack methwhore) not giving a ***.

stereotyping ftw
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-10-20 15:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
You underestimate me.
You must have a better boss than I. Recently, a woman showed up to my work, late for her movie. Of course, because of her own bad planning, she felt entitled to skip to the head of the line. I told her she would have to wait in line like everybody else. Told my boss I was rude, so he gave her 10 free passes and I got a write-up.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-20 15:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

When i saw The Miz at there i thought it was going to be about a ban on him for some reason lol.

Unfortunately that mom isn't alone anymore. Everyone these days seems to think they are entitled to have the entire world conform to what they personally want.

I wish i had the money to order a thousand of those action figures and just unload them on her door step. Just to piss her off'
By maldini 2014-10-20 15:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't shop at toys R us if you don't like the products they put up for sale. Simple.
Not like there aren't other stores.
Let your buying $$$ do the talking.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-20 16:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
Don't shop at toys R us if you don't like the products they put up for sale. Simple.

That is far to drastic. Much better to make the world conform to what you like.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-20 16:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see how this is bad parenting, its more of a case of a parent watching out for their kid, which is what I call good parenting. Breaking Bad isn't a kids show at all, the dvds are rated MA. Toys-R-Us is a store pretty much geared for pre-teens and below, so I see no reason for them to be selling Breaking Bad stuff.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-20 16:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

because they carry products for more then just kids. And its not like a 5 year old can go in there and buy these products anyway. A adult would have to buy them.

It doesn't even come close to 'watching out for your kid'. Watching out for them would be seeing that product - realizing its not for your kid - don't buy it and move along. Not creating a public outcry saying the stores across the world need to conform to what you personally think it not good for your child.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-20 16:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What does TRU carry thats not for kids? Only thing I can think of is board games.
By maldini 2014-10-20 16:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I dont see how this is bad parenting, its more of a case of a parent watching out for their kid, which is what I call good parenting. Breaking Bad isn't a kids show at all, the dvds are rated MA. Toys-R-Us is a store pretty much geared for pre-teens and below, so I see no reason for them to be selling Breaking Bad stuff.
I agree it isn't bad parenting. Actually, I think it has nothing to do with Parenting. Its a consumer issue. Said person doesn't agree with said product being offered at company X's outlets.
Consumer shouldn't go there then.
I actually agree with the second part of your statement. Toys R Us as a brand is generally aimed at pre-teens. Its a bad move on their part. Do I think Mr. White should be in the same store as Optimus Prime and Barbie? nope. But that doesn't mean my personal belief should be imposed on them.

There are probably a lot of other parents who feel the same way. If she gets enough people to send the company a letter saying they won't be shopping there any more because of Breaking Bad toys, the owners of the company might listen. More power to her. She's exercising her consumer right to choose what she buys and from where.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-20 16:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

She's exercising her consumer right to choose what she buys and from where.

thats not what shes doing tho. She trying to tell them what they are allowed to carry.

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
What does TRU carry thats not for kids? Only thing I can think of is board games.

u kidden me? Id probably be more interested in stuff there now then i would have been as a kid!
[+]
By maldini 2014-10-20 16:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
She's exercising her consumer right to choose what she buys and from where.

thats not what shes doing tho. She trying to tell them what they are allowed to carry.
I said "IF" she gets enough letters sent to their management/ownership - the company owners might decide to pull it. That's the right way to go about it if she's serious. but who has the time to become a toy crusader?

EDIT: I miss my Dukes of Hazard Car... I forgot it at the bottom of the swimming pool in 1987 before we moved houses. Never saw it again. Got it from Toys'R us... sad memories =(
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-20 16:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

She's not telling them what they are allowed to carry. Are some of you this dense? She's presenting her displeasure with the decision of the store to sell that particular line of "action figure" and giving her reason why. She started a petition that will either echo that opinion or fall short... at the very best though they are showing consumer displeasure and raising awareness on what they would consider an issue. It still falls on toys r us at that point to make a decision on whether to keep carrying that line of action figures or not.

Some of you are making this into everything that it isn't.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2014-10-20 16:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The show depicts him as a drug dealing protagonist.
Sorry to interject, but he's actually displayed as the "anti-hero" who starts on top and ends on the bottom rather than the other way around. In a way, it doesn't really glamorize him but rather paints him as a bad example (while at the same time, a character with incredible depth).

Sorry, fly on the wall status again.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-20 16:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
You underestimate me.
You must have a better boss than I. Recently, a woman showed up to my work, late for her movie. Of course, because of her own bad planning, she felt entitled to skip to the head of the line. I told her she would have to wait in line like everybody else. Told my boss I was rude, so he gave her 10 free passes and I got a write-up.
Your boss sounds like a *** or at least lazy. He could've taken down the customer's name and number in the complaint, put in a bit of effort and looked into the issue then got back to her to award her 10 free passes if he felt the need. A boss/manager/whatever should be protecting his employees as well as his customers. Too many lazy employers are doing this type of thing nowadays and those who have no issues taking advantage of a complaint will do so.

EDIT: Or if you'd rather me be a smart-***; he set you up, he gave her free passes for a quickie in the parking lot.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-10-20 17:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
And consumers are under no obligation to shop there.

Bingo! There are plenty of places to buy toys. Don't like how TRU does business? Go to Wal Mart or Target or wherever you like. They likely don't sell drug dealer figures.

They DO likely sell terrorists, murderous vigilantes, mass-murdering super villains, monsters, demons, scantily clad heroines, and Elmo.

Quote:
Why do you think they publicize mission statements like that?

For the benefit of potential investors and the media.
[+]
By maldini 2014-10-20 17:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
She's not telling them what they are allowed to carry. Are some of you this dense? She's presenting her displeasure with the decision of the store to sell that particular line of "action figure" and giving her reason why. She started a petition that will either echo that opinion or fall short... at the very best though they are showing consumer displeasure and raising awareness on what they would consider an issue. It still falls on toys r us at that point to make a decision on whether to keep carrying that line of action figures or not.

Some of you are making this into everything that it isn't.
Well I'm not. I think she should petition and send it to the owners of TRU. If she gets enough signatures they will likely pull the BB merchandise from their stores.
There's nothing wrong with that. BUT there's nothing to stop people who WANT the BB toys to petition TRU either. And if TRU find that more people want them than are against, she should just
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 18:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between complaining to the company about the product it carries not being representative of it's core demographic, and trying to get the government to step in and stop them because you think "drugs are bad mmmkay."

the *** is stupid, somebody in merchandising (or w/e department picks what goes on the shelves) screwed up, their PR department should have been able to handle this already, if not then they will now /endthread

read the last line of the OP:

*** just needs to get over herself, they're clearly not labeled or marketed towards children, quick somebody get the FTC up in there and arrest some *** for we must "save the children" /rollseyes
By Jetackuu 2014-10-20 18:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
Go to Wal Mart or Target or wherever you like. They likely don't sell drug dealer figures.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/36998767?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227027829560&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=45288153512&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=88657064672&veh=sem

as far as I can tell, you got them with the Target bit, and they close soon, or I'd go and check ^.O
By Voren 2014-10-20 18:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh great, yet another parent that feels like she needs to be the savior of children everywhere.

I bet she's got some skeletons in her closet and this is simply an act of penance for the crap she pulled in her life.

I bet she has no problem wearing clothing made in a 3rd world country that uses child labor, but you know, cheap cotton is so comfy.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-20 18:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
Oh great, yet another parent that feels like she needs to be the savior of children everywhere.

I bet she's got some skeletons in her closet and this is simply an act of penance for the crap she pulled in her life.

I bet she has no problem wearing clothing made in a 3rd world country that uses child labor, but you know, cheap cotton is so comfy.
Probably aborted a baby at 14.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19