Finishing FFXI 100%, What Are Your Thoughts And My Progress!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Finishing FFXI 100%, What are your thoughts and my progress!
Finishing FFXI 100%, What are your thoughts and my progress!
First Page 2
 Shiva.Jirachi
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-10-17 23:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I hit a low where doing end game content repeatedly got boring, so I decided to 100% this game.
My 100% requires will include:
-Completing All Missions
-Completing All Quest
-Leveling All Jobs to 99
-Leveling All Monsters to 99
-Leveling all crafts to cap
-Unlocking 1 Relic
-Unlocking 1 Mythic
-Unlocking 1 Empyrean
-All RoE Quest
-Completing All End Game
-All Atma
-All Abyssite

I am not including all mythics since they are obtained by completing the same quest but with different rewards.

I am not including leveling all weapons to level 119 since they are not quest or required to advance through the game. And I am not requiring all relics/empyreans since they are not quest themselves they are just unlockables.

I am not Including Trials of the Magians because they do not count as quest or missions, and no key items are earned, and no Titles are earned throughout this.

I made this forum to get feed back on if my 100% requirements sound fair and to see if I am missing anything, maybe peek interest in getting someone else to want to 100% the game!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-18 00:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it sounds reasonable, what you consider 100% is very close to what I consider 100% as well.

While, monstrosity may take you quite some time to finish... 1 goal that is possibly next to impossible anymore, I always wanted all Outposts. Zulkheim ALWAYS being owned by sandy, and ronf/saruta/gustaberg RARELY changing. Like twice in a lifetime lol.

Possibly Full Mog Garden? (very annoying!)

All skills cap, enhancing magic, summoning magic, all combat skills etc.

Obtain all the old "trophies" Dring/Ridill/BB/Haut/Kc(or octave) 5/5 at least one salvage set.

Full abyssea clear, atma of the Savior.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 00:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Finish all RoE~
sure there's some obscure leftover remnants of the past failed content that you could do as well.

Also do all sky/sea clears?
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-10-18 00:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Capping skills, yeah I forgot that in my list.
All RoE are considered quest, so...thats going to be VERY annoying, but doable! and Yes, I forgot that as well,
Access every "old" endgame and new end game, yup. There is certainly a long list of stuff I need to get busy on!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-18 00:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Finish all RoE~
sure there's some obscure leftover remnants of the past failed content that you could do as well.

Also do all sky/sea clears?

Yeah, all titles, maybe savior atma, medal of altana, all obi's/gorgets/jailer weapons/torques, all sky god gear. Most of that is what I could count as 100%, but a lot of it is just time consuming item collection.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 00:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda about what I have in plans, and idk what I'll do once I'm done with that.

There may be another expansion out by the time I've plowed through the rest of my assaults, WoTG and add on and then Adoulin ***. (probably before, as I'm a slacker).
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-10-18 00:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

All Titles would be a good idea, You would have to take out the race specific ones though, and the ones that you get from limited time events or quest that are no longer doable, I think there are a few quest that are no longer able to be obtained.
By Davorin 2014-10-18 00:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How would something like Trial of the Magians weapons fit into 100% completion? Empyrean/Relic/Artifact armors?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-18 00:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
How would something like Trial of the Magians weapons fit into 100% completion? Empyrean/Relic/Artifact armors?

Way too much grinding, and where would you draw the line? 5/5 AF relic and empy+2 for whatever you are calling your main job.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2014-10-18 01:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say just get 75's of the relics as they each have different cutscenes.

Empyrean doesn't have any sort of cutscenes to it so meh to it.

You ought to get both Ergon weapons as well, they're all new quests for those two.

You WILL hit a roadblock with coalitions assignments from the Couriers, though, as the Frontier Stations are already established, so the assignments to build them are completely unavailable.

Also: Win the Crystal Stakes Cup with a chocobo you raise! It's got a bit of a story there.

And yet another thing you could do would be to get a complete set of runes for MMM.

Get your Adventuring Fellow to level 99, too!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-18 01:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to do the courier's that are unavailable, they don't count toward the completion.
 Cerberus.Leauce
Server: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-10-18 01:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

add all campaign ops for each nation, i think a total of 255 to do.
all atma/abyssite, all voidwatch abyssite, all jobs merited.
fav job maybe max job points...
[+]
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2014-10-18 01:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My additions would be:
All atmas - synthetic ones especially.
All quested, mythic, empy and merit WSes.
All AF done, all relic acquired, and all Empy +2ed with Acc!
Can't forget making sure you have all trusts up till now as well.
And probably one of the daunting things - Getting all Atmacites to level 15.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-18 03:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
I always wanted all Outposts. Zulkheim ALWAYS being owned by sandy, and ronf/saruta/gustaberg RARELY changing. Like twice in a lifetime lol.

You can change home nation and do outpost supply quest inthe starter zone for that nation.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 03:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I always wanted all Outposts. Zulkheim ALWAYS being owned by sandy, and ronf/saruta/gustaberg RARELY changing. Like twice in a lifetime lol.

You can change home nation and do outpost supply quest inthe starter zone for that nation.
Unless they changed it (again) they don't carry over, but retain when you switch back.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-18 03:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless they changed it (again) they don't carry over, but retain when you switch back.

I changed to Sandoria before, and still have all zones i did for Bastok.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 03:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
And yet another thing you could do would be to get a complete set of runes for MMM.
Why?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 03:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you right now?
By Pantafernando 2014-10-18 03:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you right now?

A sandorian otter.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 03:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you right now?

An otter.

anyway my point being: is it (used to be) when you change a nation you were blanked regardless, then they changed it to where if you go back to the nation you had them with you got them back. I don't feel like changing nations with one of my alts to test if it's any different now. (If they did, cool I guess but still kinda lame, as it actually required one to have gotten it when the area was under control, and I have them all (at least on my main).
By Pantafernando 2014-10-18 03:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you right now?

An otter.

anyway my point being: is it (used to be) when you change a nation you were blanked regardless, then they changed it to where if you go back to the nation you had them with you got them back. I don't feel like changing nations with one of my alts to test if it's any different now. (If they did, cool I guess but still kinda lame, as it actually required one to have gotten it when the area was under control, and I have them all (at least on my main).

I didnt change back. Unless something changed since I switched home nation (january this year), you keep all outposts when you change home naiton.
By Davorin 2014-10-18 04:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Players may now use the teleport service to teleport to any outpost for which they have completed a supply mission, regardless of their current nation affiliation.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Immigration_NPC
By Jetackuu 2014-10-18 04:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's balls, but good for people who want to change I guess, meh.
 Shiva.Jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2014-10-18 04:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
I don't count it because there is no quest completion for it, like each campaign op is its own optional mission, the magian trials aren't even that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-18 07:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't count that =/= 100%

100% means everything available.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-18 11:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

All AF and all Relic gear/Accessories.
Maybe add an Ergon weapon since it's totally different from mythics.
For crafts, if you wanted super-completion, level each to 100, and get all KIs, Furniture, and GP items, and 9/9 stalls.
5/5 on both old Limbus sets
7/7 Jailer Torques
PW and AV Great Katanas
 Sylph.Balthamos
Server: Sylph
user: spamjab
By Sylph.Balthamos 2014-10-18 13:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aiming towards this too, but my goalposts range depending on how I'm feeling. XD
By mortontony1 2014-10-18 13:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a while back (years?) everyone got together with level 1 jobs and just destroyed everything in opposite city zones for like 3 weeks straight, just to get as many people as many outposts as possible. Really surprised that (nearly) an entire server worked together for a single goal for so long.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-10-18 14:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill every NM!
 Phoenix.Michiiru
Server: Phoenix
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-10-18 15:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill all ZNM's, complete Einherjar, Nyzul Isle, Assault, get every set of Assault Armor.

Collect all Abjuration pieces, all sky god drops, all Odin/ZNM drops (ZNM's is optional, but Hachiryu I recommend snagging if you do ZNM's)

All spells too.

Maybe one full set of VW armor (Athos, Ogier, Rubeus, have fun!)
First Page 2