New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stellar Fulcrum strategy on D
Stellar Fulcrum strategy on D
First Page 2 3
By WhiteLighter 2014-10-17 18:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the best Strategy for this fight. having a little bit of issues. any advice is great.
By Chimerawizard 2014-10-17 18:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

COR & BRD outside
WHM SMN DDx4
can probably swap a DD for a GEO (fury / frailty / precision)
SMN PD's, once it starts to wear off, use other 1hr & spam ramuh's stun.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-10-17 19:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if you dont have friends or mules at hand for outside buffs 3xDD WAR or SAM, BRD, WHM, SMN works aswell for D.

SAM's wait till PD wears with their sp2, WAR's can go all out from start, BRD and SMN need to keep scherzo+EA up full time. use fenrir buffs to try and avoid dispel from taking important buffs.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-17 19:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Nin/run 1 Run/Nin Whm, BRD, SCH or BLM.

That's if you don't want to zerg it down. Also knowing the distance:accuracy gimmick on Light Blade helps immensely.

Setup works for D/VD if you don't feel like zerging.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-17 19:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

That's if you don't want to zerg it down. Also knowing the distance:accuracy gimmick on Light Blade helps immensely.

Explain this gimmick
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-17 19:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple: Stand at max melee distance while engaged. The accuracy on Light Blade becomes laughably low.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-17 19:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple: Stand at max melee distance while engaged. The accuracy on Light Blade becomes laughably low.

Interesting.
By WhiteLighter 2014-10-18 14:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

On zerg method what does the zerg DD jobs /??? sub
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 14:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

WhiteLighter said: »
On zerg method what does the zerg DD jobs /??? sub

WAR/SAM
SAM/WAR

there's other Zerg jobs? >.>
By WhiteLighter 2014-10-18 14:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My mythic mnk i think can do the job alongside war and sam
By Pantafernando 2014-10-18 14:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How much dmg is expected a WAR should to do in a zerg fight with upheaval+mighty strikes in D and VD zerg?
 Asura.Shabbaa
user: Shabba
By Asura.Shabbaa 2014-10-18 15:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

will post a video of the fight on D zerg way in a few
 Asura.Shabbaa
By Asura.Shabbaa 2014-10-18 15:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-10-18 15:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
How much dmg is expected a WAR should to do in a zerg fight with upheaval+mighty strikes in D and VD zerg?

that obviously totally depends on the other DD you are fighting alongside and how much dmg is totally done to kam'lanaut lol. i would say if you take 3 war and kill him and he has 200k hp then each war is expected to do aprox 67k :p.
 Sylph.Murex
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Murex 2014-10-18 17:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
COR & BRD outside
WHM SMN DDx4
can probably swap a DD for a GEO (fury / frailty / precision)
SMN PD's, once it starts to wear off, use other 1hr & spam ramuh's stun.

Did this on VD in 3ish mins with outside buffs from BRD/COR BC: WHM SMN SAMx3 and THF. 3 Haub in 2 kills ;;
By Pantafernando 2014-10-18 17:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »

that obviously totally depends on the other DD you are fighting alongside and how much dmg is totally done to kam'lanaut lol. i would say if you take 3 war and kill him and he has 200k hp then each war is expected to do aprox 67k :p.

I meant, how much dmg a mighty strike upheaval can deal against a d and vd mob, with high defense, level correction, etc. The WS dmg i meant.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-10-18 17:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Backstab said: »

I meant, how much dmg a mighty strike upheaval can deal against a d and vd mob, with high defense, level correction, etc. The WS dmg i meant.
Average for Mighty Strikes + Brazen Rush Resolutions of the course of multiple zerg fights averages out to around 14.5k So your mileage with Upheaval will probably be a tad lower than that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 18:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shabbaa said: »

Fixed Video

Quick tip: on Youtube click the share button under the video for the correct URL link to post in forums
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-18 18:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiousity what is the purpose of /RUN and RUN/NIN? Is it for light damage reduction, I'm not too familiar with RUN myself. I'm asking purely because I think it would be cool if the group I do stuff with did this fight since we all basically want the hauby but I wouldn't say any of us have kept NIN relevant to current standards.
 Asura.Shabbaa
By Asura.Shabbaa 2014-10-18 19:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Asura.Shabbaa said: »

Fixed Video

Quick tip: on Youtube click the share button under the video for the correct URL link to post in forums

thanks you ^^
 Cerberus.Rabies
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-10-29 16:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to start doing this for chance at armor drops, I've done it once and we didn't zerg it so I'm curious how do you deal with the elemental things that spawn with zerg strategy or do you just ignore them? I think I remember reading you have the SMN nuke them, do they actually use nukes like /blm /rdm or do they use avatar to do so? Thanks!
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-29 16:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN can nuke themselves; don't need the avatars to do so. /BLM is also useful for stunning spells like Dispelga and Slowga. Only lands a few times, though; then you'll start seeing resists.
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-10-29 16:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
SMN can nuke themselves; don't need the avatars to do so. /BLM is also useful for stunning spells like Dispelga and Slowga. Only lands a few times, though; then you'll start seeing resists.

Ok, thanks. I have no idea how smn works so didn't know thanks!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-29 17:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rabies said: »
I'm about to start doing this for chance at armor drops, I've done it once and we didn't zerg it so I'm curious how do you deal with the elemental things that spawn with zerg strategy or do you just ignore them? I think I remember reading you have the SMN nuke them, do they actually use nukes like /blm /rdm or do they use avatar to do so? Thanks!

if you zerg properly it's rare to see the elemental things even appear long enough to do anything.
By Fasaga 2014-10-29 17:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have friends or mules for outside buffs you can still zerg it easily with War Sam Geo Cor Smn Brd.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-29 18:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fasaga said: »
If you don't have friends or mules for outside buffs you can still zerg it easily with War Sam Geo Cor Smn Brd.

Maybe not on VD though :3
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-10-29 18:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rabies said: »

if you zerg properly it's rare to see the elemental things even appear long enough to do anything.

Ok Thanks for the info.

I don't have anyway of getting outside buffs really, Was thinking about just doing SAM SAM SAM BRD SMN WHM, maybe a WAR if can't find the SAMs. Planning to give it a go on normal, then I might be trying on difficult if I can find the people with the strength.
By Fasaga 2014-10-29 20:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We haven't done VD in a while since box's are useless, however i'm fairly certain we could do it without issue. Riverfin, SMN buffs, 5 SV songs, 2 rolls, bolstered geo spells, and 2, possibly 3 entrusted (depending on random deal luck) additional geo spells and it would melt wise ease. Both myself and the sam generally exceed 2500dps and can approach 3k with luck.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-29 20:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We haven't done VD in a while since box's are useless, however i'm fairly certain we could do it without issue. Riverfin, SMN buffs, 5 SV songs, 2 rolls, bolstered geo spells, and 2, possibly 3 entrusted (depending on random deal luck) additional geo spells and it would melt wise ease. Both myself and the sam generally exceed 2500dps and can approach 3k with luck.

I missed GEO, might use that next time
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-29 23:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Used to zerg this on VD in like 20 seconds with 4 SAMs with 8 songs, 4 rolls and perfect defense, all buffs done by mules, only people that enter the BC were the SAMs, a SMn and a WHM. Probably overkill but eh...
First Page 2 3