I Could Use Some Help With A Gearswap LUA.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I could use some help with a Gearswap LUA.
I could use some help with a Gearswap LUA.
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2014-10-15 18:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. Decided to come back (Once again!) and I've found that spellcast isn't a thing anymore. While painfully trying to navigate a whole new scripting language, I finally went through and edited my own outta one of Mote's. However, this:
Code
sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].SkillBasedBuff = {ammo="Mavi Tathlum",
        head="Mirage Keffiyeh +1",neck="Mavi Scarf"
        body="",hands="",ring1"",ring2"",
        back="",legs="Mavi Tayt +2",feet=""}

Gives back

" '}' expected (to close '{' at line 360) near 'body'."

The error seems to be on line 362. I've no idea what could be causing it.

The entire file, if it might help. Pastebin

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but I've been outta the FFXI loop for quite awhile.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-10-15 18:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to put a comma after "Mavi Scarf"
[+]
By Selinah 2014-10-15 18:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice you are missing the , after "Mavi Scarf" on the second line. Each piece of gear needs to have a , separating them. The last piece of gear listed doesn't need a ,
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2014-10-15 18:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh. Thanks for the quick reply. Cannot believe I missed that.
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2014-10-15 20:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured I'd just bump this instead of making a new thread. Whenever I cast a spell, or use a WS, or do just about anything that makes me switch sets, I don't switch back to the correct set when I'm finished. So I'll WS and then be TPing in my WS set afterwords. Is there a way to force a set change via a macro?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-15 20:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zyphos said: »
Figured I'd just bump this instead of making a new thread. Whenever I cast a spell, or use a WS, or do just about anything that makes me switch sets, I don't switch back to the correct set when I'm finished. So I'll WS and then be TPing in my WS set afterwords. Is there a way to force a set change via a macro?

/console gs equip setname
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2014-10-15 20:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. Is there a way to make the script check what state I'm currently in and switch to that?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-15 20:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zyphos said: »
Thanks. Is there a way to make the script check what state I'm currently in and switch to that?

Try..

/console gs EquipSet, should equip whatever set you should be in for your state.

or if your melee set is like ~
Code
	elseif new == 'Engaged' then
		equipSet = sets.TP

and your Set.tp is controlled by buffs / weapon / acc index you can just do

/console gs equip sets.tp

if you dual box and you're concerned it wont do this normally you can also do this!
Code
if player.tp < 999 and   player.status == 'Engaged' then Equipset

This would then automatically check your set everytime you hit something and your tp is below 999 and would automatically correct it for you.

Another method would be...
Code
function aftercast(spell,action)
	if spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then
		send_command('wait 0.3;gs EquipSet')
        end
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [337 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2015-09-17 20:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When in instanced zones such as Sinister Reign my gearswap lags horribly. I end up having blood pacts execute in precast gear and end up in midcast gear after it's done. Does anyone know why? It happens very inconsistently. It will even happen if I enter Legion or Salvage solo that's how I narrowed it down to instances.

my smn lua i borrowed from another post:
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-18 08:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
When in instanced zones such as Sinister Reign my gearswap lags horribly. I end up having blood pacts execute in precast gear and end up in midcast gear after it's done. Does anyone know why? It happens very inconsistently. It will even happen if I enter Legion or Salvage solo that's how I narrowed it down to instances.

my smn lua i borrowed from another post:

Gearswap shouldn't be affected by any instanced battle and I don't see any instanced specific rules in your set (It's motes style gearswap which he isn't maintaining anymore so expect errors at some point).

It's more likely a localized issue with your PC/Internet. Lua data is incredibly low stress for your machine and shouldn't be "lagging" it's can't lag, all that can lag is your PC or net. Consider this, gearswap is able to change your gearfast enough to compensate for instant cast procs and my gearswap lua is considerably more complicated than your SMN one and has 0 lag/latency errors, that and the coding on your set looks perfectly normal.

I would try the following steps -
Step 1:
Try a different gearswap thats simpler and isn't Motes, and uses Non of his includes.
if this fixes it, then you have your answer, it's due to a depreciated set of rules.

Step 2:
Check non of your ports are being blocked/hoged.

Step 3:
re-install gearswap in case there's some corrupted data.

Step 4:
Pray to Jesus.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2015-09-19 07:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to test a very dumbed down Lua that just handles BP delay on precast > BP dmg+ for midcast > then idle gear for after cast. Could anyone help show me how to make that code? I tried to breakdown motes files but I don't understand it yet. I miss spellcast.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2015-09-19 08:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think lag may be related to pet_aftercast...I was screwing around on my friends BST and all it did was check a 2D data structure (petname => table of possible ready moves) and I'd get huge lag after every Ready until I removed the function from the script.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2015-09-19 17:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way I can delay the execution of pet_aftercast without turning it completely off?
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2015-09-20 14:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-20 14:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try this one, doesn't work of Motes, however has some out date gear, you could certainly use it, see if it works and go nuts.

https://github.com/svanheulen/ffxi-gearswap/blob/master/Acacia_SMN.lua