Lion delve
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-15 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello ffxiah community

What's the best up to date low man strategy for lion now in October 2014. Thanks for your help. Tree delve is getting kinda boring and lion drops a pelt and a claw.

A
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-10-15 14:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

7man. pld brd cor whm rng rng and a rdm in a 2nd pt goes really smooth
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garota
Server: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2014-10-15 14:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've seen, 3 RNGs, PLD, WHM, BRD. COR can be interchangeable with a RNG but Decoy Shot and Camouflage are extremely useful. Oh, right, a RDM as 7th, I played that role as GEO.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2014-10-15 14:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk sam cor brd whm sch (or rdm) 17min 1-5+B kill video below.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-15 14:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastest I've cleared was with similar as above posted.

PLD
RNG - relic
RNG - relic
COR - WF
WHM
BRD
By Crazytaru 2014-10-15 14:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

have gone with mnk sam cor brd whm rdm

biggest obstacle is the tier4 NM. You need to deal ranged damage, melee damage and magical damage. If you have good sam with racc set, and a real good cor then it's not a problem. COR can deal dmg during magic phase too with leaden/wildfire ws's.

People have done 15 minute clears with plenty of practice.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-15 14:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Crazytaru said: »
have gone with mnk sam cor brd whm rdm

biggest obstacle is the tier4 NM. You need to deal ranged damage, melee damage and magical damage. If you have good sam with racc set, and a real good cor then it's not a problem. COR can deal dmg during magic phase too with leaden/wildfire ws's.

People have done 15 minute clears with plenty of practice.

Ranger can cover magical too, with Trueflight and Wildfire, with WF doing more damage.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-15 15:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for everyone reply.
By Refia1 2014-10-15 15:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG rnt getting past the pig w/o beading it or getting extremely lucky and no blunt dmg??
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-10-15 15:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cover all three damage types between RNG and PLD. Personally it'd give me a headache and I'd probably opt for the SAM+MNK setup but if it works it works.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-15 16:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
RNG rnt getting past the pig w/o beading it or getting extremely lucky and no blunt dmg??
Before Incursion, the PLD could handle blunt with clubs (although since Zealous Snort grants high guard and counter, it's a slow process), but now every job has access to a decent blunt weapon with Eosuchus Club if a group decides to go the RNG route. Much prefer the SAM+MNK setup, though.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-15 16:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

How Annoyin is the boar and ram now?
By Giaden 2014-10-15 16:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not very bad, sometimes we get unlucky with the boar... We bring 1 mnk and 1 sam to take care of the different dmg weakness.
Real thing is paying attention to the Snorts on the boar. If you have some decent set up rngs(with axes)(slashing mode), you'll only need to bring a mnk.
As for the Ram, if rngs have a good Wildfire build or True Flight build, makes it a bit easier when its in magic dmg mode, but you should have someone to nuke for magic mode.

**Reading the above posts, I do agree having a good setup with pld with club can do well on the boar. Though only if you are set up well and have some decent practice with it.
For now I'd say bring a 1mnk, 1sam and 2 rngs. Toss in a nuker(Geo, Sch works well). With a Whm, Pld, and Brd. Should be good to go for a full clear.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-15 16:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't really need Rngs in that group, Sam with Yoichi absolutely destroys this zone. As mentioned above Mnk, Sam, Brd, Whm, Geo or Cor, Blm or Rdm or Sch. I'm not really sure if Geo can nuke well enough to replace Blm/Rdm/Sch as the primary nuker on lion but maybe it can.
By Giaden 2014-10-15 16:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Sam w/ Yoichi does great^^ I was just going with works for us.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-15 17:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
I'm not really sure if Geo can nuke well enough to replace Blm/Rdm/Sch as the primary nuker on lion but maybe it can.
Sub SCH for Firestorm/Klimaform and you should be fine. Make sure BRD keeps Fire Threnody on and ask for rolls, too, since I highly doubt a COR would provide them otherwise.