Catpiss Recruiting!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » catpiss Recruiting!
catpiss Recruiting!
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-14 17:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

WHO WE ARE

Our shell catpiss is a friendly place. We've all been around for varying periods, ranging from NA PS2 release to Adoulin-era. Our members have a diverse range of jobs (except for Insphigher, who is rumored to only have SCH and BRD, though some claim to have seen him on MNK and SAM). Many have relics and empyreans, some before joining and some after (all empyreans made before joining). We don't believe it makes the player however, the drive to be the best at one's job motivates a player to go through with the process. Most are 119 but many newcomers are still on the road and we're more than happy to work with motivated players.

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR

Really anyone who can bring something to the table, be it the desire to experience something new or an outgoing personality. About half of our members at the time of joining were a 119 anything. One must understand that often to gear and perfect one's desired job there's often another job or two they may need to level along the way. If your desire is to get all Delve wins, one must understand that a MNK isn't going to contribute much to a win outside of Tojil/shark.

WHAT WE DO

We run a wide variety of ever-expanding events. These include:

Delve

This is usually pick-up. We'll keep in mind who needs what but generally it's "ok whoever's on, need x, y, and z for delve."

Incursion

Still a work in progress but Insphigher is excited to someday get some worthwhile drops while exploring this new content.

AA 2.0

The very event I made my Aegis for (Delve being a bonus), we often do this event pick-up as well. We often run cookie-cutter simply because we have the jobs but swapping a DD here and there has been done before. We occasionally form a merit party prior, especially before DM2s.

SKC20

I can't think of a time when I haven't needed some chapter from 1-5, and upon asking the shell which they need, I often hear "all."

Einherjar

A static is currently looking to be made, in general people are willing to run anytime there are folks on.

Nyzul Isle

Few 99 pieces are worth getting anymore so few bother with that but token farming does happen on occasion. Statics are looking to be made.

Assaults

Many still need to finish our Assaults and would love a static to break the monotony (and do some pitas such as Lebros Supplies). Someday I'll finish the last mission so I can rank up, I swear!

Salvage

This is pretty much done solo by those who bother but feel free to ask for advice.

Dynamis

Someone always needs something from some zone so feel free to pester someone to farm a zone with you, or if you need assistance in advice many of us farm daily.

Limbus

A few still farm this for fun and reducing their AF reforged chapters.

Idling

A popular pastime nowadays, unpopular with Ins. He strongly dislikes this event and often encourages others to partake in a number of previously mentioned events.

In the coming days I hope for those who bother to make an account here to post about themselves. Most of us are pretty interesting people, especially Zaxtiss when he "accidentally" comes PLD/SCH to AAs. Or DCs a delve run into failure.

PM or /tell in game and I'd be glad to pearl you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-14 17:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've pestered folks into introducing themselves so I'll start. I've been playing since the NA release on the PS2 and occasionally take breaks of about a year. I've been back for a year and have been enjoying myself here. I came from Cerberus and by no means regret the move. I've run countless AAs for the shell and got dragged to my first delve and AA wins by Kealoha (occasionally in the shell). After that Insphigher and his band got me the rest of my clears eventually. I've done more Ra'kaz and Yorcia skirmishes than I can count and don't mind spamming more, there's always something more to get my hands on. I've gotten my PLD to a good point and all that's left is to 95 my Aegis consider whether 99ing Aegis or making a Burtgang would have an acceptable cost/reward ratio. I'm currently hoarding currency and deciding what to make next.

I look forward to seeing you in the shell!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-15 06:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Who came up with this name? Lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-15 08:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Our lead, Ins. I gawked the first time I saw it but was challenged to think of a good name myself. I don't think he accepted "anything" as a valid answer.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-15 08:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you taking bets on how long before you have to change LS name?
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-15 08:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been our name for a number of months now. Does it offend you?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-15 08:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
No but it seems like one of those names that might offend someone.

So are you taking bets?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-15 09:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to Catpiss sounds hilarious lol

You guys are cool. If I don't have a shell I would join
By Ramyrez 2014-10-15 09:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's a really stupid name, and stupidity generally offends me.

But 1) I'm not on your server and 2) It wouldn't be worth blemishing my never-called-a-GM slate. 3) Also, I don't actually care...I just question why you would use such a stupid name.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-15 13:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One offended by stupidity might be recommended to avoid FFXI. Or the internet. Or people.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-10-15 13:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would totally call a gm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-10-15 14:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Feint
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-10-15 16:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

At least they're not called Dog****
[+]
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-15 17:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Feint make a new linkshell give us a awesome name.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-15 21:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

HTML was a good thing to learn. Unfortunately I often use it over BBcode and look a fool.
 Garuda.Allysse
Server: Garuda
user: fsaletta
By Garuda.Allysse 2014-10-16 00:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys it's Ally. I had to take an unexpected leave of absence. My old apt had mold and mildew so we had to get out asap. I'll be back around early November. Miss all y'all!!!
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-10-16 00:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

is the pearl yellow or an off red?
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-16 05:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We miss you too ally. Now there are two things to look forward to in November: your return and candy on sale.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-16 12:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
If I don't have a shell I would join
There can only be one real Kealoha in our shell! No imposters allowed!
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-16 14:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
If I don't have a shell I would join
There can only be one real Kealoha in our shell! No imposters allowed!

Not trying to be a imposter. Just trying to get heavy metals with keal.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-16 17:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I really need to VW with you. I would even aim for a pouch NM if we could get the people. Fajin boots has to be enough to lure people out. So many people have joined after the death of VW.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-16 17:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

V w is good gil dual boxing that's why I use keal I even do tree with keal double plasm =D
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-19 14:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering making a second acct. Of course it'd be something I do now that my playtime is dropping...
Still unsure of what relic to make next. I may just start amassing gil to make a mythic with someday.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-20 21:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw an Uptala shout the other day as I was logging for bed, Amy. Unfortunately you were not on. :(
 Quetzalcoatl.Dab
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: deezydabs
By Quetzalcoatl.Dab 2014-10-20 21:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Catpiss is chronic
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-20 22:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyo we should combine resources. Less n less people on
Now.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-21 21:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

We're willing to pearl anyone good folks willing to join. This shell is a welcoming home for me after the collapse of Trucido. Good times, good people. Some deep reflections were had today.

Edit:
We have a number of folks on NA daytime or EU primetime but could use more so we could do events in the daytime too.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-22 18:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The collapse was because too many people needed help with delve wins and such and keal can only do so much so he was burn out. And I think some of them don't play anymore. Me u and the people that still plays, we don't need people to help. We proactive on our goals and when call upon we can contribute. I remember some people need bee win and some of them are not well geared on dd and they have no support job and we bead the nm and still lost at bee. That would drive people crazy.

Well ... Sorry that was the reason lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-22 18:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on a few days a week during the day and usually willing to help out if you need a solid dd.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2014-10-23 17:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Many of us currently farm during the daytime but we are looking to change that. I will have to verify jobs of all our daytime members but I will definitely take you up on that offer, thanks man.
First Page 2