Why You Play FFXI?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why you play FFXI?
Why you play FFXI?
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-15 05:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Love this game :)

We know draylo we know lol
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-15 08:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never taken a break from XI (other than the forced break after the earthquake in Japan), but quit last year thinking I'd never come back, thinking I was done with XI for good. I played XIV instead, and although it has some aspects that I really enjoyed, it never kept me entertained in the same way XI did. And when SE announced the changes to assaults and salvage, I decided to give XI a second chance and haven't regretted it.

I can't even explain properly why I still enjoy this game so much. It's a combination of many things - as well as being somewhat addicted I guess, lol. But like others have already mentioned; escapism, friends, in-game accomplishments of various kinds, situational gearsets, gear swapping, and the general look and feel of the game. I love how realistic it looks in comparison to a lot of other MMOs - I tried WoW a few years ago and hated how cartoonish everything looked. I love how vast the world of Vana'diel is, even though a lot of zones are pretty much empty today. I still cannot pass an NM without killing it, despite the possible reward being useless today. I feel a personal attachment to my character which has been built to what and who she is today through a lot of time and effort.

Unless SE screws up badly in future updates or something unforeseen happens in rl, I'll most likely stick around till the servers shut down for good.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-10-16 01:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The allure of this game for me to still be around even after a few breaks which I think everyone should do at some point is I still always have fun. Even if it's repeating a mission countless times helping someone new I still find it awesome or even doing old nostalgic content that folks never experienced. There is always something to do as well.

Friendships made and meeting new friends has always expanded on the fun factor. This game was made to share the experience with others which I find awesome. I met my wife through this game as well so this game always brings good memories and plenty more to add to the collection.

After playing and still playing this game I found it extremely hard to get into other games. Plus who can resist the sound of dead sheep singing for sandorias theme music. That's how I classified the bagpipes lol. In the words slightly modified by Rick James " ffxi is a helluvah drug".
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-16 06:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
The allure of this game for me to still be around even after a few breaks which I think everyone should do at some point is I still always have fun. Even if it's repeating a mission countless times helping someone new I still find it awesome or even doing old nostalgic content that folks never experienced. There is always something to do as well.

Friendships made and meeting new friends has always expanded on the fun factor. This game was made to share the experience with others which I find awesome. I met my wife through this game as well so this game always brings good memories and plenty more to add to the collection.

After playing and still playing this game I found it extremely hard to get into other games. Plus who can resist the sound of dead sheep singing for sandorias theme music. That's how I classified the bagpipes lol. In the words slightly modified by Rick James " ffxi is a helluvah drug".

Wow awesome congrats on meeting your wife playing this game
 Asura.Voidwolf
Server: Asura
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2014-10-21 11:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I started over completely this June, and it's purely for nostalgia at this point. I played FFXI 'for real' from 2003-2007 and I'm well past playing with that mindset.