On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 95 96 97
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-07-08 10:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure V definitely has its uses, although it's not always less hate. Cure IV is my goto cureskin spell, because the enmity it generates is based on the HP cured. If you're healing basically nothing just to apply cureskin (which I find myself doing pretty often these days) then Cure IV should generate less enmity than Cure V.

These days if the tank is the only one taking damage, sometimes I won't even watch their HP. I'll just watch their buff bar and Cure IV them every time stoneskin drops from their buffs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-07-25 18:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Optimizing my Macc sets and noticed a few updates to what's currently listed in the guide. Perhaps some of these have been mentioned, but to gather up what I noticed:

* 2x Stikini Ring/+1: even the NQ are new BiS Macc rings for MND or INT, obviously the +1 are even better (and obviously these aren't in the guide simply because they're still so new)

* Thuellaic Ecu +1 (MAcc+10) seems to have been overlooked and is better than Chanter's shield (Macc+5), assuming you're using club+shield and not staff+grip

* Chironic Hat with good augs beats Befouled. Mine has Macc+38 augment for a total of MND+29/INT+29/Macc+53, easily beating Befouled MND+33/INT+33/Macc+20/Skill+16 (and that's without any attribute augment on my hat).

* Inyanga+1 body/hands are good enough to probably at least warrant a mention as strong alternates, depending on tolerance for augmenting T3 gear (Chironic needs pretty good augments to make up a deficit of MND+6/INT+6/Macc+20 versus Inyanga+1) or willingness to make HQ abj hands (Inyanga+1/Kaykaus NQ A are basically sidegrades). For INT spells, Inyanga+1 hands are BiS over Kaykaus+1 thanks to INT+12/Skill+2 advantage vs. Kaykaus +1's MAcc+6.

* Inyanga+1 feet actually beat Skaoi for WHM thanks to the much higher attribute stats (Inyanga+1: MND+30/INT+29/Macc+36 versus Skaoi MND+17/INT+16/MAcc+17/Skill+17
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-25 18:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been working on slowly re-updating all the descriptions and sets.
Sorry if I work slow, it's a work in progress.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-07-26 10:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
* Inyanga+1 body/hands are good enough to probably at least warrant a mention as strong alternates, depending on tolerance for augmenting T3 gear (Chironic needs pretty good augments to make up a deficit of MND+6/INT+6/Macc+20 versus Inyanga+1) or willingness to make HQ abj hands (Inyanga+1/Kaykaus NQ A are basically sidegrades). For INT spells, Inyanga+1 hands are BiS over Kaykaus+1 thanks to INT+12/Skill+2 advantage vs. Kaykaus +1's MAcc+6.
For body, I think Vanya Robe is pretty much still the top (excluding Kaykaus+1). Path C has MND+46 MAcc+21 Enfeeb+20. It would be extremely hard to beat it with Chironic.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-07-26 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »

Thanks Krys. It's a crying the shame the other job guides aren't being updated and kept relevant to todays end game - at least to the extent in which you keep the WHM guide going.

Quite frankly, I'm confused why people aren't stepping up to fill this void. I know there are competent players capable of writing up a current job guide for each job in the game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-07-26 14:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No need for apologies at all, your work is fantastic and much appreciated! Hope my comments can help highlight some of the items that might be worth a look for next update.

Asura.Pergatory said: »
For body, I think Vanya Robe is pretty much still the top (excluding Kaykaus+1). Path C has MND+46 MAcc+21 Enfeeb+20. It would be extremely hard to beat it with Chironic.

I didn't realize Vanya held up that well, good catch. Still, it's not THAT hard to beat it with Chironic (base MND+34 Macc+20). Toss Taupe stones at it to get a MND+10~15 augment paired with Macc+20 or more and you're there, and that's not really an insanely rare augment. Though, T3 Reisenjima bodies are still pretty difficult for a lot of people to obtain, so good alternatives like Vanya and the marginally worse Inyanga+1 (MND+40 Macc+40) are nice.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 04:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I managed to finish to update the entire thread. Tell me if there is any mistakes, especially with the melle part. Finally got around putting a few *updated* sets in there.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-07-27 04:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I managed to finish to update the entire thread. Tell me if there is any mistakes, especially with the melle part. Finally got around putting a few *updated* sets in there.
Went through now. All looks good. My only personal qualm is that for fast cast your using the delve hat. When Vanya hood works just as well. Especially on that yagrush sets.
Otherwise nice work keep it up. And thank you. <3
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 06:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Went through now. All looks good. My only personal qualm is that for fast cast your using the delve hat. When Vanya hood works just as well. Especially on that yagrush sets.
Otherwise nice work keep it up. And thank you. <3
Oh yeah. Personally, I use Nahtira because my Vanya have healing magic skill on it for my geo/blm.

Figured nahtira have natural FC, vanya requires augment, easier on the eye for someone who doesn't know it can be augmented with FC.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-27 06:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Under capped on haste in the melee sets? Unless you go healing side and get haste on Chironic or lucky with DM
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 06:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avallon said: »

Thanks Krys. It's a crying the shame the other job guides aren't being updated and kept relevant to todays end game - at least to the extent in which you keep the WHM guide going.

Quite frankly, I'm confused why people aren't stepping up to fill this void. I know there are competent players capable of writing up a current job guide for each job in the game.
I don't blame anyone, it can be a pretty big job at times and the people you are making them for, aren't always pleasant. I've had my share of unpleasant tells from random people who simply didn't agree on some sets.

There was a time where it almost made me give up, but I love whm, I love helping and I love to improve, either it's gear wise, skill wise or simply just learning something new about my favorite Job.

Thank you for the kind words :)
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 06:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Under capped on haste in the melee sets? Unless you go healing side and get haste on Chironic or lucky with DM
I will give it a look. I find it hard to cap haste while having a decent amount of stats on whm >.<
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-27 06:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, can do it a few ways. Telchine hat with +3% haste, or go with a haste +10% Alaunus's cape and stacking DW on Chironic. I haven't plugged the haste scenario in, so that is just off the top of my head.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 07:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, can do it a few ways. Telchine hat with +3% haste, or go with a haste +10% Alaunus's cape and stacking DW on Chironic. I haven't plugged the haste scenario in, so that is just off the top of my head.
Hmm, telchine head is actually a good idea.

First set have 24% haste, so for 1%, we wont bother.

Second and third set have 22%, telchine could fix that or a celt belt. Onca would fix it but you would loose a possibility of 76acc and53 attack so it's kinda out of the way.

Honestly, I think Telchine for midacc and celt belt for High acc.

Stacking DW on chironic is actually a great idea. Not sure how much value you can get per piece, but if it's more than 2 than it should be better.

*Putted telchine legs instead, some double attack, cant say no to that.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-27 07:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The real troubling part is, unless acc is an issue no matter what I do Tamaxchi OAT seems to win for offhand. Followed by Blurred Rod +1, Izcalli, then Sindri.

DW on Chironic is 5% with Fern, 4% with the other two.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 07:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The real troubling part is, unless acc is an issue no matter what I do Tamaxchi OAT seems to win for offhand. Followed by Blurred Rod +1, Izcalli, then Sindri
It is probably better for most stuffs.

I think if you have good acc augment on chironic, you can probably use oat Tamaxchi up to mid acc, easyly.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 07:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, than Chironic should be in the first set then. 5% DW x4 it's pretty nice.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-27 07:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Really just comes down to, if you really want to have a couple of sets for WHM melee instead of just using Onca/Telchine/DW cape.

But, plugging it in. Yeah, haste cape with DW Chironic will beat DW cape.

Looking at something like:

ItemSet 342868

That is using one piece of DW Chironic for capped haste. I'll mess with uncapped real quick
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 07:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Really just comes down to, if you really want to have a couple of sets for WHM melee instead of just using Onca/Telchine/DW cape.

But, plugging it in. Yeah, haste cape with DW Chironic will beat DW cape.

Looking at something like:

ItemSet 342868

That is using one piece of DW Chironic for capped haste. I'll mess with uncapped real quick
Problem with that set is that you waste the cape. It brings you to 33% haste. Might as well just have DW cape and use pinion instead.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-27 07:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You're definitely going to over cap with a +10% cape. But, it allows you to use the chironic set while capping haste and DW. Ideally, I wish you could do a mix of 5% haste/5 dw on a cape. But, they won't let you do that lol

And, I still assume something is really wrong with the WHM dps sheet. So, also take that with a grain of salt
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 07:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 Chironic DW with haste cape
30% Haste
25 DW

4/5 Chironic DW, Telchine with Haste and DW cape
25% Haste
30 DW
3% Double attack

I'm not a melee expert, but I don't know Second options seems better, just lower acc/attack.

4/5 would be a lost of 25 acc/attk, because the set uses pinion who have acc/attk compare to stp +2.

And yeah, whm spreadsheet been broken since furever.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-27 07:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, would suggest 4/5 with haste cape as well. Going with Telchine legs, Shetal Stone, and Suppa. Would put you at 31%(perfectly capped) and capped haste.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-27 08:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The real troubling part is, unless acc is an issue no matter what I do Tamaxchi OAT seems to win for offhand. Followed by Blurred Rod +1, Izcalli, then Sindri.

DW on Chironic is 5% with Fern, 4% with the other two.

Cannot see why anyone would want to use Tamaxchi for offhand over Sindri... even if not considering accuracy... which should be considered...

DMG:175 Delay:324 INT+6 MND+6 Accuracy+27 Attack+15 Magic Damage+90 Club skill +228 Parrying skill +228 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Enmity-10
"Double Attack"+4%
Aug:
Accuracy +50
Attack +30
Double Attack +5%

vs.

DPS: 2444 DMG:88 Delay:216 INT+5 MND+5 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+12 Magic Damage+99 Club skill +188 Parrying skill +188 Magic Accuracy skill +167 "Cure" potency +22%
Aug: Occasionally attacks twice and another augment.

:3
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-07-27 08:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you will gain tp faster lol, and if you're meleeing on whm you probably are using sublime sushi at this point. But, like I said, the WHM SS is borked

With the borked WHM ss, it has Tishtrya as the best club spamming Judgment
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-27 08:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Second and third set have 22%, telchine could fix that or a celt belt. Onca would fix it but you would loose a possibility of 76acc and53 attack so it's kinda out of the way.

Stacking DW on chironic is actually a great idea. Not sure how much value you can get per piece, but if it's more than 2 than it should be better.

Telchine Braconi used to be the best legs, but now there is Onca Suit as well as Chironic Hose which can offer far more attack and accuracy and another melee stat. Not worth it to use Telchine Braconi for only a few more Double Attack %.

Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 08:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »

Telchine Braconi used to be the best legs, but now there is Onca Suit as well as Chironic Hose which can offer far more attack and accuracy and another melee stat. Not worth it to use Telchine Braconi for only a few more Double Attack %.

It's not for double attack, it's for capped haste.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-27 08:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because you will gain tp faster lol, and if you're meleeing on whm you probably are using sublime sushi at this point. But, like I said, the WHM SS is borked

With the borked WHM ss, it has Tishtrya as the best club spamming Judgment

Would much rather do a lot more damage from weapon skill with proc from double attack / triple attack and have a lot higher damage of offhand regular melee hits.

Another option is to use a club with high mag. atk. bonus in offhand for Flash Nova. :3
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-07-27 08:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, but that can be done with Onca suit or Chironic pieces...
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 08:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, would suggest 4/5 with haste cape as well. Going with Telchine legs, Shetal Stone, and Suppa. Would put you at 31%(perfectly capped) and capped haste.
I dont understand why you want me to use haste cape over dw +10 for 1% haste. Unless the haste cap went to 30% and I missed the memo?

31, you mean dw? 4/5 Telchine + cape would pretty much cap DW then, could use a better earring/Belt.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-27 08:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, but that can be done with Onca suit or Chironic pieces...
Onca suit + chironic Head is a cheap way to go but its not optimal. You wont have capped DW and you will have lower acc/attk.

As previously mentionned, in order to get haste on chironic you need to use the healer augments, not really what you want.

I am looking for optimal.
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 95 96 97