On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 95 96 97
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-01 20:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
It was a jp player testing it. Sample size was a few hundred casts, sitting well above 10%, but only proc'ed 10% of the time.

I went with Janniston, because duh, and cureskin.
I have janniston's as well. Used to have Weatherspoon but with all the cure 2 options figured maybe jannistons would come in handy.

With all the cure potency gears available. I could make cure sets for days.

I had heard this from Martel also, and I replicated the results, I was going to add it on there, but the Krystela offered to update the sets.

I kept a log of the raw data that I'll post somewhere on Wikipedia later for a link.
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-12-01 20:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
It was a jp player testing it. Sample size was a few hundred casts, sitting well above 10%, but only proc'ed 10% of the time.

I have janniston's as well. Used to have Weatherspoon but with all the cure 2 options figured maybe jannistons would come in handy.

I had heard this from Martel also, and I replicated the results, I was going to add it on there, but the Krystela offered to update the sets.

I kept a log of the raw data that I'll post somewhere on Wikipedia later for a link.
So it could be viable?
I changed the set precising that it could be 10% cap and it has to be further tested. It's my bad.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-01 20:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krystela said: »

So it could be viable?
I changed the set precising that it could be 10% cap and it has to be further tested. It's my bad.

The Cap is 10%.

The JP Video was more than enough evidence over such a large sample size to quantify the cap, it could be 10.?% but the variance was so low in my own sample of 500 casts, that I doubt it.

JP Blog Link
 Cerberus.Krystela
By Cerberus.Krystela 2015-12-01 20:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Krystela said: »

So it could be viable?

The Cap is 10%.

The JP Video was more than enough evidence over such a large sample size to quantify the cap, it could be 10.?% but the variance was so low in my own sample of 500 casts, that I doubt it.

JP Blog Link
Alright, changing it back to a straight 10% Cap xD
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-12-02 10:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cure Potency is a Square Enix Term, but is not to be confused Cure Potency Percentage, The Japanese Term translates poorly into English but the "Potency Buffs" is not part of the % Cap and nor does it exceed the cap.

It is simply adding 23 to your base power, similar to adding Mind.
Hmm this is the first I heard of this, are you sure you aren't thinking of the Afflatus Solace job points? I was under the assumption the gifts themselves were real cure potency %. Maybe I need to do some testing tonight...

Also I just noticed Fanatic Gloves on the fast cast set but that would require perfect augment for 7%. Gendewitha Gages +1 are the same 7% with no augmenting, and can be augmented with cure cast time as well.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-02 21:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Cure Potency is a Square Enix Term, but is not to be confused Cure Potency Percentage, The Japanese Term translates poorly into English but the "Potency Buffs" is not part of the % Cap and nor does it exceed the cap.

Hmm this is the first I heard of this, are you sure you aren't thinking of the Afflatus Solace job points? I was under the assumption the gifts themselves were real cure potency %. Maybe I need to do some testing tonight...

Also I just noticed Fanatic Gloves on the fast cast set but that would require perfect augment for 7%. Gendewitha Gages +1 are the same 7% with no augmenting, and can be augmented with cure cast time as well.

Answered here some time ago, it doesn't state its related only to Solace and I've not seen anyone post anything otherwise so... This would seem to follow the same trend as the armor text stats % and the job points is using the same terminology as the solace one.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47185/job-points-cure-potency/#2950635
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-03 06:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The advantage with Fanatic is the overall usefulness, if you get it fully augmented, it's a cursna piece, a recast piece, a fastcast piece, a banish piece and a conserve MP piece all in one. I am for inventory saving items and also, it beats Gendewitha with the haste being +3% compare to gendewitha who only have 1%.

I will add the possibility to use gendewitha instead into the description. All thoughts getting perfect augments with Sinister reign isn't all that rare.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-03 07:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Answered here some time ago, it doesn't state its related only to Solace and I've not seen anyone post anything otherwise so... This would seem to follow the same trend as the armor text stats % and the job points is using the same terminology as the solace one.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47185/job-points-cure-potency/#2950635

Added results in the next post.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-03 08:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres the testing results. I didn't do with Cure 6 because I do not have the HP for it lol.

I am Black mage sub
I have 8/8 healing magic skill merits
I have 20/20 Solace job Points
I have 2 cure potency gifts for a total of 10

Gears I used for the scale from 40% to 50%
serenity 30% cure potency(I have fully augmented)
sifahir slacks 10% cure potency
piety duckbills +1 10% Cure potency

Lets get started
No solace & No gears
Solace & No gears
C1= 71C1= 111
C2= 146C2= 186
C3= 315C3= 355
C4= 580C4= 620
C5= 737C5= 777

Note:We can conclude that the solace cure effect is +40 and not +40%

Here's for the rest.

No solace & 40%
Solace & 40%
C1= 100C1= 156
C2= 205C2= 261
C3= 448C3= 504
C4= 826C4= 882
C5= 1043C5= 1099

Note:This concludes the solace effect is added to the base power.

No solace & 50%
Solace & 50%
C1= 109C1= 169
C2= 222C2= 282
C3= 483C3= 543
C4= 892C4= 952
C5= 1122C5= 1182

Note:If you compare it with the 40% table, this conclude that the cure potency gifts aren't counted toward the 50% gear cap and it's somehow added to the base power.

Conclusion:
Solace Job points are added to the base power AFTER the gifts are and they get multiplied with the gear cure potency.

Gifts aren't cure potency counted towards the 50% cap and are added to the base power before the solace Job points. We came to the conclusion with further testing that it's not a %

Gonna post this in the other tread too in case someone is searching for this in the future.
[+]
By Luminohelix 2015-12-03 08:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to say thank you. Anyone who updates guides or helps in general. I appreciate you. You put in the work to help put a standard and idea about jobs. Thank you again for your time and dedication.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-03 08:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Luminohelix said: »
I just want to say thank you. Anyone who updates guides or helps in general. I appreciate you. You put in the work to help put a standard and idea about jobs. Thank you again for your time and dedication.

Thank you!! It's very nice when people show appreciation, makes the hours of searching so worth it <333
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-03 08:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

With the help of byrth we made a formula but we cant say its this 100% as we still dont know if the gifts are multiplied with the base or not or if its a %

It should look like this:

((Base+(Base*Gifts)+Solace JP)*Gear Cure potency%)
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-12-03 10:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Conclusion:
Solace Job points are added to the base power AFTER the gifts are and they get multiplied with the gear cure potency.

Gifts aren't cure potency counted towards the 50% cap and are either multiplied or added to the base power before the solace Job points. I cannot conclude if the gits are a percentage or a straight number.

Gonna post this in the other tread too in case someone is searching for this in the future.
Eew not the answer I was hoping for, but thank you for testing this!

Now I'm back to the drawing board for Chatoyant Staff and capped enmity down. Maybe having uncapped cure potency wouldn't be the end of the world? I'd rather have uncapped potency than uncapped enmity down, to be honest.

Also, I've got 15/20 Solace JP with one potency gift instead of 2. Any tests I can do that would help you out?
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-03 10:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Conclusion:

Gifts aren't cure potency counted towards the 50% cap and are either multiplied or added to the base power before the solace Job points. I cannot conclude if the gits are a percentage or a straight number.

Eew not the answer I was hoping for, but thank you for testing this!

Now I'm back to the drawing board for Chatoyant Staff and capped enmity down. Maybe having uncapped cure potency wouldn't be the end of the world? I'd rather have uncapped potency than uncapped enmity down, to be honest.

Also, I've got 15/20 Solace JP with one potency gift instead of 2. Any tests I can do that would help you out?
Honestly hun, if you use weather and keep weather on (I believe you dont use gearswap) and you heal more than in the normal set you usually use. Than go ahead!

Please remember the sets in this thread are to demonstrate the possibilities, it's not a dead set. Whm is so versatile.

Do what you love and the way you love doing it!

:)
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-03 10:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the testing offer, you could actually.
If you have the same gears,Just do naked solace and no solace with the same subjob. That could give us a really good idea as if it's added or multiplied!

Sorry for 2 post my laptop hate this website when I edit.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-12-03 12:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Will do when I get home tonight. And yeah I'm thinking along the same lines, if I can swap Chatoyant in and still have stronger cures even with uncapped potency, seems like a win.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-12-03 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Krystela. :)
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-03 13:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
You're very welcomed and thank you for showing your appreciation.
 Sylph.Ykfan
Server: Sylph
user: Ykfan
By Sylph.Ykfan 2015-12-03 19:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalfeirdotter said: »
You're very welcomed and thank you for showing your appreciation.
Thank you Krystela for the testing. :)
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-12-03 20:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have the same gears,Just do naked solace and no solace with the same subjob. That could give us a really good idea as if it's added or multiplied!

Ok, naked C4, 15/20 solace, 1 cure potency gift, RDM sub
114 MND, 101 VIT, 453 healing

Solace Down: 579
Solace Up: 609
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-12-03 21:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the cure fomrula, it just adds a flat +30 to your cure.
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-04 06:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the gift are a % Kinda surprised you only have 1 hp difference with mine. If it was a raw +5 we woulda have a 5hp difference. Looks like it is:I was so so with the 2 eyes in the same socket FIXED. thx again perg
((Base+Gifts+Solace JP)*Gear Cure potency)

Thanks Pergatory for your contribution.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-12-04 10:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the gift are a % Kinda surprised you only have 1 hp difference with mine. If it was a raw +5 we woulda have a 5hp difference. Looks like it is:

(((Base+(Base*Gifts)+Solace JP)*Gear Cure potency)

Keep in mind some of the difference could be due to Elvaan vs Taru. (I think you're a Taru?)

In fact since Solace added exactly 30HP, I'm thinking it's not a %, and it's additive with the Solace bonus, unless I'm looking at it wrong.

Ok fine I'll stop being lazy and do the math. Cure formula says I should've had 453+(114/2)+(101/4) = 535 cure power. For Cure IV that means:
floor((535-400)/2.5)+520 = 574 hp

Ok yup, the gift is +5 hp additive with Solace. Weak sauce.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-04 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the gift are a % Kinda surprised you only have 1 hp difference with mine. If it was a raw +5 we woulda have a 5hp difference. Looks like it is:

(((Base+(Base*Gifts)+Solace JP)*Gear Cure potency)

Keep in mind some of the difference could be due to Elvaan vs Taru. (I think you're a Taru?)

In fact since Solace added exactly 30HP, I'm thinking it's not a %, and it's additive with the Solace bonus, unless I'm looking at it wrong.

Ok fine I'll stop being lazy and do the math. Cure formula says I should've had 453+(114/2)+(101/4) = 535 cure power. For Cure IV that means:
floor((535-400)/2.5)+520 = 574 hp

Ok yup, the gift is +5 hp additive with Solace. Weak sauce.
I'm a hume and yeah you're right, forgive me it was 6am and before coffee ;_;

Now after doing all these, it makes me so so sad. Damn you ! Those gifts could of been nice ;_;
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-12-04 16:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed as well. :(

At least it lets me feel better about my gimpy job points on WHM...
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-12-05 00:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed as well. :(

At least it lets me feel better about my gimpy job points on WHM...
Haha me too, to my opinion fullcure is a total disapointement as well. But I still want 3 stars just because!
By RolandJ 2015-12-05 02:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys,

I have a cure midcast set that I have purposed for all of my cures and I am wondering how well it will stand judgement here. I have not seen the likes of it here so I am afraid that perhaps I am doing something wrong, lol. I've used some gears not found on the guide here in order to pile as much -enm, cure pot+, cap exceeding cure pot+, and conserve MP into one set as I could figure into it myself.

Now, afaik this set will only be useful for a WHM who does not have a mythic. In my opinion a mythic WHM gains more from /rdm due to already having /sch's main advantage built into their club - AoE -nas and erase -- and so they will trade the ability to ensure weather for the cape and staff in exchange for /rdm's FC and convert afaik.

Here it is.
ItemSet 339957

The statistics are as follows.
Enmity
* -50 (Requires Path B on both Kaykaus armors)
Cure Potency
* +50% (Requires 4% from Head)
Cure Potency Exceeding Cap
* +10% Iridesence
* +5% Twilight Cape
* +2% Glorious Earring
Conserve MP
* +16

Please note that I excluded certain items and HQ variants from this list due to their aquirability neither being in proportion with their added utility nor being being able to improve this set past the limitations of the caps, which have already been met. This helps to keep this set perfectly aquirable at least in my opinion. To be honest, you could even substitute the Gende. Head +1 for the NQ variant without sacrificing reaching the -enmity and cure%+ caps, rather, you only lose a few MND and VIT.

(One exception would be adding a Janniston Ring to the set, which would add 5% more Cure Potency II; I leave it out because I prefer the FC ring due to FC being harder to cap on non-healing magic, while /sch, than cure is to build to a point where it is strong enough for any purpose. You could also recommend the Kaykaus body(NQ for the sake of being reasonable) but afaik the added stoneskin from Ebers Bliaud +1 will exceed the added cure potency.)

Also, if the legs seem out of place, I put them there for the seemingly unlimited MP pool that their "Converts 6% of "Cure" amount to MP" effect grants me, which, afaik, nothing else can compete with as far as utility offered in a cure midcast set for the legs slot.

Thank you for taking a look
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2015-12-05 03:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice set, can you have cure power capped also?
By RolandJ 2015-12-05 03:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, most of the slots are already constrained to being used to cap -enmity and +cure potency using high-potency items in order to make the bonuses as condensed as possible in order to fit as much into the set as possible. For example, two of the pieces give 10% cure pot and -10 enm each, which is a ton, and a third gives +10% cure potency and -8 enmity. That's what I mean by condensed stats. If you can find a substitute for any item that gives the same amount of -enm or +cure pot that the items in that set gives plus some more cure power formula enhancing stats, then it should be the superior item for that slot. I've not yet come across any items to substitute in yet, though. Perhaps I will find some or have some suggested.

The grip and ammo would be perfectly exchangeable for this purpose, though, as all that they offer is some conserve MP, which is arguably less potent than the bonuses that the other pieces in the set offer afaik.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2015-12-05 03:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yea exactly only grip and ammo could/should be replaced if Cure power cap isnt reached with gifts,merits,boost-MND,Stew. Can also replace a -5 enmity piece if you didnt count the enmity merits.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 95 96 97