On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 95 96 97

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Erynnaith
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Erynnaith 2015-08-27 20:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Which NM drops the Queller Rod?
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-08-27 22:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yilan, T2 Escha Yilbegan mob. dies in <3 mins with PLD WHM BRD SCH GEO THF
 Asura.Akamatzu
Server: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-08-29 11:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current Enfeebling Magic setup for WHM.

I went path D on Vanya Body
Path B on Artsieq Hose
Path B on Twebuliij
Medium's Sabots have:
MP+45 and MND+9

ItemSet 337455

With this setup I have 222 MND, MACC+156, and Enfebbling skill w/ Light Arts at 511.

I know some upgrades are Leviathan ring +1.

Is there anything else I can do?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-08-29 12:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akamatzu said: »
This is my current Enfeebling Magic setup for WHM.

I went path D on Vanya Body
Path B on Artsieq Hose
Path B on Twebuliij
Medium's Sabots have:
MP+45 and MND+9

ItemSet 337455

With this setup I have 222 MND, MACC+156, and Enfebbling skill w/ Light Arts at 511.

Are you going for Enfeebling potency or Accuracy?
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-08-29 12:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A mix of both?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-08-29 18:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A mix of both?

Well a "Hybrid Set" tends to focus more on accuracy, but every MND/INT is roughly 1 macc until you're well over the acc cap, so you can normally just focus on Stat Heavy pieces, if you're accuracy capped and get no resists you can ignore anything with Magic Accuracy/Enfeebling skill.

Depends on what you're hitting but tbh your set seems a solid Hybrid.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-08-31 10:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like there are some dope new pants that came out recently, but now I can't find them... Barring those, Mes'yohi Slacks are the next best.

Edit: Looks like Shadowlina found it. Duh, it was Vanya, I looked right at those too and somehow couldn't see the magic accuracy. Augment them on Path D and you'll have 44 mnd, 20 magic acc. Mes'yohi still wins on the corresponding day, but Vanya wins the rest of the time.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-31 10:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 313614
Aside from the clubs thats what im using. (this is my melee set woops)
I also use Mafic staff +1 as well

Aside from earrings, thats all i can see that might need to be changed.
I use Vanya slops because i no longer even have the Artseiq stuff (inventory)
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-08-31 10:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
ItemSet 313614
Aside from the clubs thats what im using. (this is my melee set woops)
I also use Mafic staff +1 as well

Aside from earrings, thats all i can see that might need to be changed.
I use Vanya slops because i no longer even have the Artseiq stuff (inventory)

The Earrings would increase his acc by a couple, but then he loses 4 MND for potency for a gain of... 3 macc? I might not agree with the earrings too much (Unless it's like You Absolutely need to land say Silence!).

Legs are a win!

Don't forget that SPells Like Silence are not affected by potency by Resists sub states and need a Metric *** Tonne of Magic Acc/Skill.

Slow and Paralyze are more the ones that would need variable sets...

Although Shadowlina knows this already!
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-08-31 10:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

MND increases macc, too. So the delve earrings actually beat Enchanter+1 and Gwati hands down in all situations. I'm assuming they did that for inventory reasons because they already carry around Enchanter+1?
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-08-31 10:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. GEO+WHM = 80/80 inventory 90% of the time.
Although could probably swap to Hermetic earring if i wanted too seeing as i have one lying around.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-08-31 13:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
MND increases macc, too. So the delve earrings actually beat Enchanter+1 and Gwati hands down in all situations. I'm assuming they did that for inventory reasons because they already carry around Enchanter+1?

Unfortionately this is not true, once you are over the dMND value, much like fSTR, MND loses its potency to equate to 1 macc and drops to around 0.4 per MND stat, this then puts shadowlinas Set 2.2 macc ahead, which is miniscule but still technically a win, the only time however you're ever going to need more magic Accuracy once you hit the dMND level however is on Monsters which have in variably low stats, but have a "resists Silence" buff much like Wind Elementals or Simurgh did of old.

I can't actually think of a Monster like this currently, but always prepare for the worst!
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-09-01 10:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Unfortionately this is not true, once you are over the dMND value, much like fSTR, MND loses its potency to equate to 1 macc and drops to around 0.4 per MND stat, this then puts shadowlinas Set 2.2 macc ahead, which is miniscule but still technically a win, the only time however you're ever going to need more magic Accuracy once you hit the dMND level however is on Monsters which have in variably low stats, but have a "resists Silence" buff much like Wind Elementals or Simurgh did of old.

I can't actually think of a Monster like this currently, but always prepare for the worst!

I think maybe you misread the delve pair as having 2 MND instead of 4?

Gwati & Enchanter+1 is 14 macc. Delve pair is 12 macc + 4 MND.

I was mathing for 0.5 per MND stat which has the two dead even when you're over the dMND breakpoint, but even at 0.4 the delve pair is 13.6 macc which is only 0.4 behind the Gwati & Enchanter+1 pair. When you're under the dMND breakpoint, the delve pair will be 16 macc which is 2 points higher.

So 2 points higher in some situations, 0.4 points lower in other situations, and always stronger potency where that's a factor.

Using Hermetic instead of Enchanter+1 will add another 1 macc, so it's 1 higher vs. 1.4 lower, which is a bit more of a toss-up. As far as I'm concerned, the potency advantage of the delve pair is a good tie breaker, because there's no way in hell I'm carrying all four earrings. So I'll stick with the delve pair. :)
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-01 13:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I've ever seen 0.4 value used before, so I'd like to see some citation on that.
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2015-09-01 18:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the advice on vanya slops. I never thought about those.

So to understand correctly. Silence doesn't need MND, just m.acc and slow and paralyze does?

and What are INT enfeebling spells sleep and dispel only?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-01 19:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I don't think I've ever seen 0.4 value used before, so I'd like to see some citation on that.

Eh its 0.5 I think, easy enough to google Magic Accuracy though.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Accuracy

It states 1 MND = 1 Macc until you reach x number then it's 0.5, I always treated it as 0.4 due to some thread I read about 1 MND = 0.9 macc and there being some uncertainty, so I rounded down to be safe.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-01 19:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was asking for a source on the 0.4, which was apparently impossible because you pulled it out of your ***. I'm well aware of all the documentation that exists for 0.5 and was unable to find anything for 0.4 due to the aforementioned reason.

I'm the last person that needs to be told "google it" in regards to...well, anything.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-09-01 20:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
I was asking for a source on the 0.4, which was apparently impossible because you pulled it out of your ***. I'm well aware of all the documentation that exists for 0.5 and was unable to find anything for 0.4 due to the aforementioned reason.

I'm the last person that needs to be told "google it" in regards to...well, anything.

Eh no, it's just a habit for me to round it to 0.4.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-09-02 10:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the advice on vanya slops. I never thought about those.

So to understand correctly. Silence doesn't need MND, just m.acc and slow and paralyze does?

and What are INT enfeebling spells sleep and dispel only?
MND serves two purposes for white magic enfeebs. The first purpose is to increase magic accuracy (decrease chances of being resisted), and the second is to increase the potency (slow is stronger, paralyze procs more often, etc).

Silence can be resisted, but it has no potency. You're either silenced or not silenced. So for Silence, only the first purpose matters. Yes, it does still increase magic accuracy, which means you're more likely to land it for the full duration. It just doesn't serve the dual purpose it does on spells like Slow/Para.

As for INT, it affects black magic enfeebs the same way. That includes Sleep, Dispel, Bind, Gravity, etc.
[+]
By ibm2431 2015-09-11 03:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent some time on this. I consider it the ideal cure set (currently).

ItemSet 337838

Base WHM Stats (w/ MND + Healing merits):
MND: 104
VIT: 80
Healing: 440
---------------------
Equipment Stats:
Cure Potency: 50
Cure Potency II: 9
Healing Skill: 75
MND: 158
VIT: 84
Enmity: -51
Fast Cast: 11%
Conserve MP: 12
Equip Haste: 26%
---------------------
Augments:
Mending Cape: At least 2% Cure Potency, at least 7 Healing Skill

Queller Rod Path D: Cure Potency +10%, Healing Skill+15, Cure Cast Time -7%

Kaykaus Head Path D: MND+10, M.Acc+15, MAB+15

Kaykaus Hands Path D: Fast Cast+3%, Conserve MP +6, MP+60

Kaykaus Feet Path D: Cure Potency +5%, Fast Cast +3%, M.Acc+15

---------------------

Final Cure Power: 687

360+ JP WHMs hit the 700 Cure Power cap with this set.

910+ JP WHMs can swap out Beatific for either a Loquacious Earring for an extra 2% Fast Cast, or a Novia by changing the Esper Stone to an Incantor Stone for the same amount.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-11 05:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

@ibm2431; While I appreciate your effort to contribute to the thread, I think I have a bit more potent, and also all-in-one, set for those who didn't choose the Janniston Ring.
ItemSet 337732

Vanya Hood (A) +7 potency, -6 enmity
Vanya Clogs (D) +5 potency, -15 casting time, +6 conserve mp
+50 potency (assuming capped unity bonus on ear)
+4 potency II
-57 casting time (-79.3 with merits & /sch)
+76 skill
-50 enmity
+12 conserve mp (+37 with /sch)
+168 mnd
+85 vit
+26 haste
+5 fast cast

Edit: changed the set according to the base cure power cap.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2015-09-11 05:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably need to start planning for an aurora set considering we are going to be getting the rest of the storm spells soon.
By ibm2431 2015-09-11 07:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't have a more potent set: Cure Power caps at 700. You have 18-41 Healing Skill (depending on gifts) that isn't doing anything.

I totally get wanting to have your precast and midcast sets be the same, though. But personally I figure since I'm already swapping out from idle gear I can briefly pop through the same Fast Cast precast set I use for most everything else.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-11 08:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

@ibm2431

You say "ideal" but I don't know why you didn't put the HQ versions of Kaykaus in there for the cure potency2 bonus. Also, vanya clogs with +20 healing skill augment on top of the already +20 skill it has is better for certain cure spells, but the HQ cure potency2 bonus will be better for others. You'd have to do the math (or test directly) each one. This will require putting +5% cure potency earring in place of beatific and getting 5% cure potency on back if using vanya clogs with +20 skill augment.
By ibm2431 2015-09-11 09:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ versions should be a given if you can get them. I aimed for a set that hit potency, enmity, power, and gear haste caps while still being easily obtainable. If you have HQ head, hands, and feet lying around, by all means, swap them in for the NQs listed in the itemset.

However, there isn't a single-target cure spell where +40 healing skill from Vanya Clogs would be more beneficial, because that +40 would be going to waste if you're > 360 JPs. Cure Power caps at 700.

Although, it would help WHMs that have less than 360 JPs. Take Vanya Clogs on Path A. Any other path causes -Enmity issues that probably require Novia Earring to fix.

..But now that I think about it, it would also allow you to drop the Beatific for Loquacious Earring while still hitting 700 Power at any JP level. You'd end up losing 1% Fast Cast and Conserve MP+6 over Kaykaus feet. But I do kinda like the simplicity of it.

Although if your Kaykaus feet are HQ, that's what you'd want to go with anyway.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-09-11 12:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ibm2431 said: »
You can't have a more potent set: Cure Power caps at 700. You have 18-41 Healing Skill (depending on gifts) that isn't doing anything.

I totally get wanting to have your precast and midcast sets be the same, though. But personally I figure since I'm already swapping out from idle gear I can briefly pop through the same Fast Cast precast set I use for most everything else.

It says "power floor" on that table and hard caps are only given for "hp floor". I don't see a "700" cap for "Power" itself.
By ibm2431 2015-09-11 20:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Read over the last two pages~!
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-11 21:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
ibm2431 said: »

It says "power floor" on that table and hard caps are only given for "hp floor". I don't see a "700" cap for "Power" itself.

That comes from here: Motenten testing
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 95 96 97