/equipset Macros Back Up To Server?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » /equipset macros back up to server?
/equipset macros back up to server?
 Bahamut.Kiroo
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kiroo
By Bahamut.Kiroo 2014-10-13 09:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just wondering. I apologize if this has been asked before, I looked but didn't see it. We now have 100 macros sets has SE stated that those 100 won't not malfunction like it currently does with regular macros at random? Or do the /equipsets now save to server too?
 Bahamut.Kiroo
By Bahamut.Kiroo 2014-10-13 09:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hate to have like over 50 sets made up and boom, they gone and I have to do it over
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-10-13 09:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they fixed this Kiroo.

Havent had macros erased after editing and d/c for a long time.
 Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay
Server: Gilgamesh
user: leeroyjay
By Gilgamesh.Leeroyjay 2014-10-13 14:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to post something on the official forums about this, because from what I have seen, the Equipment Sets do NOT get backed up to the server (or at least not Restored down). So as it stands, the backing up of macros is useless until they backup the Equipment Sets along with the Macros. :/

I'm just not sure where to post this on the official forums so that SE will take notice...

Edited:
Looks like people have posted this already:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44668-Equipsets?p=528255
 Bahamut.Kiroo
By Bahamut.Kiroo 2014-10-13 21:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been back 6 months and this round playing on pc, Ive had my macros disappear 3 times now
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Akutenshi
user: Akutenshi
By Bahamut.Akutenshi 2015-01-08 00:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just gonna throw this out there that I figured out how to save new equipment macro sets on PC if you wanted to transfer them to a different computer since the macro equipment sets are not saved on the server unlike macros. Not sure if this was figured out already, but I did a search and couldn't find anything so figured I would share it here.

I am switching to a 64 bit system and got used to the new macro sets. I tried to saved all the sets to the server to load onto my laptop and while the macros saved, the gear sets did not. I am doing a clean install on my pc and was trying to figure out how to save all my macros and gear sets.

Macros can be saved to the server, but it turns out gear sets are saved locally on the PC. If you open the "USER" folder in the ffxi directory, each folder is pretty much a character that you have. I opened the largest file and I noticed now inside the folder were new files I haven't seen before. Something like Mcr15.dat. I assumed those were actually the equipment gear set files.

So what I did was crated some test macros from my pc, but didn't save them to the server. All of my equipment set macros were created on my pc only and none on my laptop. What I did was put the entire "USER" folder on a flash drive, and replaced the same folder on my laptop. Booted up FFXI on my laptop and low and behold, the new macros I created that I didn't save to the server where where I put them, and it transferred all of my gear sets correctly. It also transferred my chat log settings and they were different from my pc and laptop.

Transferring the whole "USER" folder and replace it on another computer you want to use ended up transferring all my saved new equipment gear sets and macros. I hope this helps other people out there.
[+]