New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ugh...
ugh...
First Page 2 3 4
By Calibeaner916 2014-10-09 09:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

are all servers as dead as lakshmi? i came back to game hoping it would be a little more alive than this. not super busy as the game is old, but better than 300 outta the 400 always afk. =/
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-10-09 10:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When are you playing? Are you playing weekdays from 8am-5pm EST when most people are at work? Or are you talking about prime time weekends?

I haven't been on other servers and don't really think of "counts" per say (i.e. I have no idea how many people is an active vs. dead server), but I feel like it's more dependent on your Linkshell than actual total population. I mean, our shell is active at all times of the day, so you can usually find at least a few people to do something with. At night during the week (9pm EST and on) we almost always have enough for Delve, Incursion, Skirmish, etc.

I guess my best advice is find an active shell. You really only need 17 other people active when you're on to do just about anything.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-09 10:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say there are more JPs than there are English players now on Lakshmi. There are still many who play but most do events with their respective groups and LSs. If you're talking about shouts, yes that has died down a bit.
[+]
By Calibeaner916 2014-10-09 10:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i just wish people shouted still. guess i need to find a active linkshell. i can be on almost aanytime, just not after 11pm pst. im over the days of not sleeping because of this game lol.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-09 10:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi is deader than dead, SE needs to roll the servers cause 300ppl does not an mmo make.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-09 10:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the numbers are horrible but have they even mention anything about a server merge lately?
By Calibeaner916 2014-10-09 10:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure, but they need to, this is BS lol. I cant get ***done.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-09 10:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lately I've been doing incursion with the same people I've been asking to go with. Usually because we're on that late in the evening anyways. I'm willing to do other events too just let me know. I'm more of a casual player now and do events when I'm asked to help etc. It's nice to play whenever you want. But also, it's nice when you have people to just chat on the game with. It is nice to have that option to join a PUG right when you log onto the game. But PUGs have always been random.
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
user: Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2014-10-09 11:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Lakshmi is deader than dead, SE needs to roll the servers cause 300ppl does not an mmo make.
IMO they wont merge servers because the JP population is fine. Now if it starts to decline then there is a possibility of a merger but til then you will have to make do. But it is quite sad that during NA prime time you would be lucky to see 400 people online and most of those are probably afk or mules.
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2014-10-09 11:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You should all reunite on the same Server then :D Come to Carbuncle, cuz I don't wanna pay x)
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-09 12:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What do u want to do in general? I do 2-3 tree delve a night with shell. Fun way to make Gil.
By Calibeaner916 2014-10-09 16:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess i not in the cool circle anymore. lol. catching up on gears for pld/mnk/rng. and sorta blu. meh. but anything that involves needing those jobs to help/ or stuff that gear drops for those jobs. oh and whm stuff for my cure b****
By Jetackuu 2014-10-09 16:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A server merge wouldn't help, the issue is the apathy of the playerbase, and perhaps greed.

The same complaints happen on Bamahut and there's 700~ people on right now. Make some friends, mingle.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-09 16:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The game has become solo-based now. The 'new' stuff is basically party material.
[+]
By maldini 2014-10-09 16:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What they basically did was dismantle the old XI, and rebuilt it to mimic lolFFXIV ARR, only without Duty finder.

Everything in the game is a "battlefield one click away".

No open world content.

How boring.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-09 16:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
What they basically did was dismantle the old XI, and rebuilt it to mimic lolFFXIV ARR, only without Duty finder.

Everything in the game is a "battlefield one click away".

No open world content.

How boring.

Campaign is the only thing I think would be fun for only a little bit.
By cervelo84 2014-10-09 21:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle is just as bad. Mythic fully decked out character here and I don't have the patience to form my own groups. Town chat is dead. Privately formed PTs are all that happens on this server. Might try World of Warcraft. New expansion is actually looking really good.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-10-09 22:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
Carbuncle is just as bad. Mythic fully decked out character here and I don't have the patience to form my own groups. Town chat is dead. Privately formed PTs are all that happens on this server. Might try World of Warcraft. New expansion is actually looking really good.

Can come to Lakshmi . We do tree. Most nights.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-09 22:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't see a shout or people aren't begging you to leave your mog house, that doesn't mean the server is dead. There's always something to do. I hardly play anymore, probably less than 5 hours a week, but I'm overwhelmed with the amount of things I want to do and just don't have time to.
By Wordspoken 2014-10-10 01:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can do most stuff with a party of six, so it shouldn't be that bad. It's just that people run with their own groups and don't join shouts that gives impression of a "dead" server, to which a server merge won't change a thing.
By Calibeaner916 2014-10-10 09:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

trust me... the NA side of lakshmi is dead.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-10 09:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »

I'm part of the NA side of Lakshmi, there's tons of stuff to do and plenty of people to do it with. Seriously, make some friends, start a shout, etc.
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
user: Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2014-10-10 10:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

I'm part of the NA side of Lakshmi, there's tons of stuff to do and plenty of people to do it with. Seriously, make some friends, start a shout, etc.

There may be tons to do for you since you are part of a LS that is idiot free and can get things done. But if you where solo i don't think you would be saying the same thing.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-10 10:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Nightsage said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

There may be tons to do for you since you are part of a LS that is idiot free and can get things done. But if you where solo i don't think you would be saying the same thing.

Not hardly, I play when there are about 2 people online in LS, I join shouts and solo stuff. The LS isn't idiot free, me and Buukki have sacks!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 10:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its dead sure, but it really depends who you associate with? Normally I solo stuff like limbus/roe/sky etc and just prep jobs by doing skcnms aa etcs, but join my ls at nights for events. If I see a rare shout asking for something I want to do, I join.

But I don't depend on people to do stuff for me. If I can't find a group of flist players, ls members, or randoms to do it with, I will either solo it or wait for others. The population on NA has died, but its not as bad as you think. Get a few folks together and set it up regularly.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 10:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

true^^
 Lakshmi.Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-10 10:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really wanted to do something, follow their advice. Start your own group. Just because you don't see as many shouts, it's not necessarily dead. Sure the NA population has died down, but you'll always see people doing things. I'll usually get tells asking for help, so I help when I can.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-10-10 10:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i, for the most part, never join shouts or make them anymore. you want to avoid these things. joining sub par groups shouldnt be what you want to do. your goal should be to put yourself in the position that people will want to /t you for you to join their groups. if you are a group-changer people will respond in kind. its not the games fault if you arent as desirable as the next guy.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-10-10 10:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the real population deficiency isn't in competent NA players to team up with, but players' unwillingness to have multiple options for an event. Far too often I either join an event or start one, and we are needing a cor, geo, pld, sch, brd, whm, or something niche that needs good gear and playskill. After asking several players, they tell me "sorry, i only have MNK and THF". Its really frustrating that only a few players have multiple jobs levelled, and it forces you to be really linear with party setups, because only you and one other is flexible to play different jobs.

I know people don't want to hear it, but the truth is, gear something else besides sam, rng, mnk, and thf. Pick up PLD and WHM. Gear SCH up. Don't believe you have to have Aegis/Ochain to be a serviceable pld, its not even halfway true. WE NEED MORE RUNE FENCERS. To date, I only know of ONE good RUN (NA) on Lakshmi, and its embarassing. More players need to be more flexible. That would greatly address the population issue, I think.
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2014-10-10 10:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph is pretty Abysmal.
First Page 2 3 4