Mog Garden furrows
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-10-09 08:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can help me on improving my furrows rank. I have all other geological locations at rank 7, but i'm stuck since 1 month and 1 week on rank 6 on furrows. Currently using herb seeds and have been meticulously harvesting them every 8 hours(they grows indeed in 8 hours, harvestable 3 times).
Thanks in advance!
I want that damn farmer hat!
 Odin.Pixter
Server: Odin
user: Pixter
By Odin.Pixter 2014-10-09 08:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Luloo

switch to revival tree root.

These take only 1 hour to grow, so, by SE logic, you could technically be growing 48 plants a day... cause checking in every hour is awesome fun.

Regardless.... Yah, These take only 1 hour to grow, really nice way to level up your furrows to rank 7.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-09 09:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I did exactly what Pixter says and it still takes a god damn long time, which probably makes it all the more important to switch asap.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-10-09 09:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So it' not actually like bgwiki state, the number of days you use the furrows but how many times you harvest them? I remember to have used revivals from rank 4 to 5 but then i read bg and changed plant! Anyway thanks for help, i will change again and hopefully get a rank 7 soon!
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2014-10-09 11:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Furrow rank is based on the total number of items you harvested. Revival tree roots work well because they're not only fast, but I think they give a decent amount of items (it's been a long time since I've actually used these so can't remember for sure). Also you can use crystals, fertilizers, and the helpers to help find more items and seeds, which should help the furrows lvl up faster.

As for what Pixter said about the total number of plants a day, it's actually 72 plants a day once you get to rank 5+, but that's not realistic anyway. Even if you can't play for more than a few hours a day, these are still pretty nice if you can harvest them like 3 or more times a day.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [330 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-09-04 15:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies for the necro-bump. I've been scouring the internet for information on how long/best way to level up mog gardens furrows and I want to correct the misinformation in this thread.

According to an official post here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/37506-Rank-5-Mog-Garden-MINIMUM-126-interactions-a-day-882-a-week-needed-for-assistants%21?p=473041&viewfull=1#post473041

"the requirements to rank up your garden furrow is based on the number of times you harvest."
Not duration of harvest like clopedia says, not number of items harvested like everyone says, just number of harvests.
[+]