Forum » FFXI » General » account reactivation issue
account reactivation issue
 Sylph.Rasibian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 06:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

hi, 4-5months ago i cancelled my account for work issue w/e...now im looking to reactivate it for the winter. i tryed like 3 diff credit card on my square enix account...all it take is like 1$ per try n when i get to click on the confirmation to reactivate it, it tell me : error 401... anyone got any clue?
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-07 06:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not the only one with the error 401: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44629/payment-error-401/
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 07:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol....i tryed many time with diff cards...so i could be locked for 30days in the worst scenario?
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-07 07:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When I had that issue with XIV, SE told me 24 hours, not 30 days. They blamed my bank, my bank blamed them. I had the same thing happening as you, they took that 1$ per try but nothing else happened. I had to email them a photo of my Visa, but nothing got resolved really. I used prepaid game cards for a couple of months till I quit and came back to XI, where I had no trouble using the very same Visa.
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 07:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ic well thx for sharing ur crap with me, i guess ill wait 24hour n retry
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 07:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i think what triggered the 401 in my case could be the fact that i first tryed to reactivate via a prepaid visa credit card (didnt knew they had like 45 min ish delay on activation) so it got refused cause my card apparently wasnt activated yet
By Pantafernando 2014-10-07 07:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rasibian said: »
i think what triggered the 401 in my case could be the fact that i first tryed to reactivate via a prepaid visa credit card (didnt knew they had like 45 min ish delay on activation) so it got refused cause my card apparently wasnt activated yet

Did you try buying crysta?
Prob isnt related to cc issue, but still worth to try. Crysta is the only way i can make my payments.
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 07:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i tryed right away adding crysta first...but i guess i would of try any way it would had get refused anyway since the prepaid credit card wasnt activated yet...
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 07:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

cause if i understand what is happening here is that the first error 401(that i apprently get from trying to add Crysta via my unactivated prepaid credit card) got me locked me right away for a 24hour delay
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 07:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

sry for the end of that sentence lol but i guess u get the point
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-10-07 07:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That could be the case, yes. I hope I never have to deal with this bs on XI because crysta isn't even available for me.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-10-07 08:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rasibian said: »
yeah, i tryed right away adding crysta first...but i guess i would of try any way it would had get refused anyway since the prepaid credit card wasnt activated yet...

I had my alt account get a block put on it when the card I had in there was unable to get charged because it got replaced (thanks Home Depot!).

That initial problem creates a 24 hour block. Like you saw, it's not with the one card. I tried a couple, and tried buying Crysta, and hit error 401 on everything, despite the $1 test charges going through.

Trying over and over will extend the block time. I'm not sure how much it takes to push it to 30 days, but repeatedly trying like I did seemed to add days to it. I tried once a day for a couple days or so, with no success. Sent an email and got a form letter back, replied to that and was told to use chat/phone support.

I wound up just leaving it alone over the weekend, and it worked yesterday. So, could just be that you need to be patient.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-10-07 08:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried adding crysta and got 401'd. Tried a different card, still error.

So to clear some misconceptions:

- changing card isn't the point
- crysta isn't a solution

why can't I pay with paypal anymore anyway? I always added crysta with that why the hell can't I anymore?

Do they want us to all quit as our subs run out?
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 08:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

just out of curiosity, why did u get 401'd for the first time and it is about reactivating ur account?
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-07 08:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots and lots of people having this problem :/ and se is as useless as always. After buying a prepaid card specifically for this and having it still not work, gonna call them once more and if they won't help me then I really dunno what else to do.

Some more info here and lots of posts bitching on the OF about it.

Just as a warning stop trying to use your CC (Or ANY cc). With the first 401, it places a 24 block on your account from any subsequent credit card attempts.(even though you can keep trying >_>). Some lame excuse of fraud protection I guess? If you keep spamming it can increase the block to 30 days (or possibly permanent?)
 Sylph.Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-10-07 08:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah im a bit scared of the 401 i spammed...i did at least get that 401crap like 15 time in 2 day lol
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-07 11:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So, called SE support, dude was actually pretty nice/helpful, but he confirmed I have a 30 day hold on my account now. I didn't even try that many times initially, maybe 4-7, then once per 24 hour after that. Blah. Couldn't help me other than to tell me to try again after 30 days.

Basically if you tried more than a few times in a short period of time (in my case I used my cc, tried it again, then went through like 3 others) you're gonna end up with a 30 block on your account.

On the plus side, this is apparently a pretty huge issue, and he said the majority of their calls over the last 2 weeks have been payment 401 stuff, so hopefully that'll prompt them to get their *** in gear for a fix or an alternative method of payment. (He did say they were working on alternative ways to pay, but who knows how long that'll take).