Forum » FFXI » General » WOTG Quest: A Forbidden Reunion
WOTG Quest: A Forbidden Reunion
 Lakshmi.Raerie
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rae
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2014-10-07 04:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Because FFXIclopedia is refusing to allow me to update the wiki, I decided I would post the information here in case anyone wanted to complete the quest.

To begin, enter the WoE in Grauberg [S] where you will receive a cutscene.

Proceed to the Ornate Door where you will receive another cutscene and the Butterfly-shaped Key Key Item. Click the door again to enter the battlefield.

Here you will fight a Gloomscale and a Gloomtalon alongside Lilisette. If Lilisette dies, the fight is lost. To regain a new Butterfly-Shaped Key, examine the Regal Pawprints next to the Ornate Door. (Due to the fact that a large number of people will be attempting to enter the battlefield you will most likely need to spam the door to enter.)

The fight is simple and easy. I was unable to keep Lilisette alive while solo as MNK/DNC, but after joining a party it was a super easy fight.

As a reward, you will receive the ability to summon Atmos and a Cipher: Lilisette.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-07 04:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Story felt a bit rushed and kinda just thrown together but it was nice to see her again.
 Lakshmi.Raerie
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2014-10-07 04:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I agree. It seemed like a shoddy job.

On the other hand, Wikia is now letting me update so I will make the pages for the cipher and the alter ego. It is 5 am here, so I will leave the page for the quest until later.
By Crevox 2014-10-07 04:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a cutscene by first going to Xarcabard Walk of Echoes, directing me to go to Grauberg Walk of Echoes. Not sure if this is required, but you didn't state it.

I duo'd it with another summoner. You can cure Lilisette if you need to, but just don't let her tank one and it should be fine.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Raerie
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2014-10-07 04:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the information. I will add it to the quest page.

Yeah, I tried to heal her as /DNC, but they were hitting her too hard and I couldn't get hate off of her. If you start off with hate it should be an easy solo. I just decided to make it super easy and get a party.
 Lakshmi.Treyenma
user: Treyenma
By Lakshmi.Treyenma 2014-10-07 05:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a shame that the Lilisette trust isn't as good as Mumor or Uka. I was still happy to get the trust, but I'm really disappointed by how lackluster she is.
 Lakshmi.Raerie
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2014-10-07 14:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Is she? Darn. :( I was hoping she would be one I could add to my first string.
By ventas 2014-10-07 15:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Champion of the Dawn quest is a must too. Had to learn it the hard way. Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ!
 Lakshmi.Raerie
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2014-10-07 15:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, sorry I forgot to add that. >_< I put it on the wikia page for the quest, though! :)
By Kell 2014-10-08 00:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished this quest, Smn/rdm can solo it, no problem.

Use Ifrit and Crimson roar, then engage gloomtalon and flaming crush it until dead. You'll need to cure Lilisette to at some point while she tanks gloomscale, (she'll transform into Lilith as well), but Ifrit should take hate once you start pacting on it.

Raised a dead monk on my way out.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2014-10-08 01:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly didn't give a crap who the enemy was; it was an excuse to see Lilisette again is all I cared about. <3

Also, fight was really easy as 119 RUN/WHM. Nearly ran out of MP near the end, but that's cuz I threw more Cure IVs at Lilisette than was probably necessary, out of caution. The mobs could barely hit me aside from with TP moves, which weren't too strong. Only fell into yellow HP once.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2014-10-08 01:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'ed as BST/DNC, 2ND attempt was successful. First attempt i was a bit too overconfident. My pet and I were happily tanking the mobs, and not paying attention to lilisette. She was somehow taking damage...aoe maybe? She ended up dying lol...but the 2nd attempt I just kept tossing her cure iiis and she was fine.

She changes form too. From her normal self...to the evil villain of WOTG...to some blonde chick. sorry i don't recognize the characters of the storyline, I usually spam 'enter' through CSs.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-08 03:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
Solo'ed as BST/DNC, 2ND attempt was successful. First attempt i was a bit too overconfident. My pet and I were happily tanking the mobs, and not paying attention to lilisette. She was somehow taking damage...aoe maybe? She ended up dying lol...but the 2nd attempt I just kept tossing her cure iiis and she was fine.

She changes form too. From her normal self...to the evil villain of WOTG...to some blonde chick. sorry i don't recognize the characters of the storyline, I usually spam 'enter' through CSs.
Haven't done the fight but is it this one?

If so, that's Lilith's 2nd form.
 Ragnarok.Ozment
Server: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2014-10-08 03:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that is the one!
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-10-08 08:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Took me three tries, but I managed to solo the fight on SMN.

The first couple of tries, I made the mistake of trying to take out one mob while Lilisette tanked the other, all while trying to keep Lilisette alive. Even with full buffs, she was just taking too much damage for my feeble cures to keep up with.

So on the third try, I sent Ifrit in to melee one mob while using his BP's on the other, so that all hate was on him. Once hate was established, I used Astral Conduit to take out the Shadowlord-ish mob, and then focused on fighting the dragon, using an occasional Dawn Mulsum if Ifrit's HP got too low.

Even with hate on my avatar, Lilisette still takes considerable damage from the dragon's "Dark Star" AoE move - but without the added melee damage, keeping her alive is a bit easier. I still had a close call at one point, but luckily Lilisette changed forms and regained her HP (benediction maybe?). From then on, it was cake.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-08 08:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Raerie said: »
Because FFXIclopedia is refusing to allow me to update the wiki, I decided I would post the information here in case anyone wanted to complete the quest.

To begin, enter the WoE in Grauberg [S] where you will receive a cutscene.

Proceed to the Ornate Door where you will receive another cutscene and the Butterfly-shaped Key Key Item. Click the door again to enter the battlefield.

Here you will fight a Gloomscale and a Gloomtalon alongside Lilisette. If Lilisette dies, the fight is lost. To regain a new Butterfly-Shaped Key, examine the Regal Pawprints next to the Ornate Door. (Due to the fact that a large number of people will be attempting to enter the battlefield you will most likely need to spam the door to enter.)

The fight is simple and easy. I was unable to keep Lilisette alive while solo as MNK/DNC, but after joining a party it was a super easy fight.

As a reward, you will receive the ability to summon Atmos and a Cipher: Lilisette.

Also noted you must have at least completed one of the trust starting missions in one area or you will not get Cutscene when zoning into WoE.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-08 08:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how well a BLU can do in this fight.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2014-10-08 09:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo'd as BLU/RDM with a DNC/??? friend. It was fairly easy, just keep your eyes on Lili's HP. Sudden Lunge helps a lot with Gallu, but it didn't work on dragon.
By Wordspoken 2014-10-08 10:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I managed to solo it on DNC/THF (I was too lazy to change sub). Should've wiped though, saw doubledigit hp at the end of the fight. Dragon has amnesia >.<, Gallu has doom, so bring some holy waters. Recommending DD+healer setup.

Man, I should've recorded this.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2014-10-08 10:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
I managed to solo it on DNC/THF (I was too lazy to change sub). Should've wiped though, saw doubledigit hp at the end of the fight. Dragon has amnesia >.<, Gallu has doom, so bring some holy waters. Recommending DD+healer setup.

Dragon also has doom.
By Areayea 2014-10-08 10:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Wordspoken said: »

Dragon also has doom.

was about to say same thing XD
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-08 15:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this thread is spoiler happy ...
Honestly I have a feeling they were "DEAD SET" to finish FFXI commercial run when they finished designing the drafts of the WotG expansion. Then we got hit by the 2008 financial crisis lol.
They didn't recover yet from it. (lol)
 Quetzalcoatl.Elizara
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Elizara
By Quetzalcoatl.Elizara 2014-10-10 17:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if you finished this, if you can help with it. Anyone tried? I'm just wondering.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-10 17:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elizara said: »
I wonder if you finished this, if you can help with it. Anyone tried? I'm just wondering.

I am about to try ...

edit: And yes, you can enter after someone who needs start the fight up.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-10-11 02:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

fight is a pain @92 smn ;/ lol
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-11 05:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fight was incredibly easy as DNC with 119 daggers (Izhiikoh and Polyhymnia) and full 109 RF1/2. (For Future Fabulous points... Also I can't afford to +1 them at the moment.)

Poke the dragon from behind and you'll never see doom or amnesia, (at least I didn't) cure Lili since even though she can formchange, I've been told she can die. (Didn't know she could formchange until after I killed the dragon and joined her on the demon... Cause that's when I stopped tossing waltzes her way... L0L)
And I never saw any amnesia from the demon either... But he kinda just dropped like a fly compared to the dragon. (I think he has lower HP)
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-10-11 07:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Fight was incredibly easy as DNC with 119 daggers (Izhiikoh and Polyhymnia) and full 109 RF1/2. (For Future Fabulous points... Also I can't afford to +1 them at the moment.)

Poke the dragon from behind and you'll never see doom or amnesia, (at least I didn't) cure Lili since even though she can formchange, I've been told she can die. (Didn't know she could formchange until after I killed the dragon and joined her on the demon... Cause that's when I stopped tossing waltzes her way... L0L)
And I never saw any amnesia from the demon either... But he kinda just dropped like a fly compared to the dragon. (I think he has lower HP)

She can die, if you let the dragon "do her" for long enough. That's how I failed the fight when I tried to solo it.
By Pantafernando 2014-10-11 08:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »

She can die, if you let the dragon "do her" for long enough. That's how I failed the fight when I tried to solo it.

Onde esta o cavalheirismo nesse mundo, quando o suposto mocinho, ao inves de resgatar a princesa, apenas fica olhando o dragão "do her"?

Fetiche estranho....