Oct 7th Update notes
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-07 00:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/44592-Oct-7-2014-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=527237#post527237
[+]
 Odin.Ceas
Server: Odin
user: Ceas
By Odin.Ceas 2014-10-07 01:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Kupofried’s Medallions may now be purchased from the Echo Disseminator.

finally...
[+]
By Areayea 2014-10-07 01:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

lol it's funny they already got a problem with Ramuh fight XD and caution with atomos... try not to get him afflicted with anything
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-07 01:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just glad Ingrid now has undead killer.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-07 01:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"Cherukiki's alter ego will not use Haste when fighting an enemy with incredibly high fire resistance."

How does this even happen lol
[+]
By dedrummer000 2014-10-07 01:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt pup have an even lower h2h skill when it came out? talk about a turn around lol
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-10-07 01:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding young a young Gilgamesh model?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n_82C9Fu1qo/VDOIH1IvPBI/AAAAAAAACQk/Vn6toHMezOY/s1600/3.jpg
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-10-07 01:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like we'll have to fight him at the big bridge waypoint
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-07 01:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
"Cherukiki's alter ego will not use Haste when fighting an enemy with incredibly high fire resistance."

Welcome to goofy *** automaton AI, now retrofitted for the rest of FFXI so you can feel the 2006-present PUP community's pain LOL.

This is classic PUP Scanner (which is also built into the BLM automaton head even without attachment) behavior. Basically, the Scanner AI routine forces the automaton - or trust in this case - to not cast a spell on a mob that has a very high chance of resisting that element. It's intended to prevent wasted cast cycles and MP on spells that are highly likely to be resisted. Always led to some weird behavior by puppets, like not casting ANYTHING in some fights against highly magic resistant mobs. Standard PUP advice has basically always been DON'T EQUIP SCANNER to avoid this kind of nonsense.

Cherukiki obviously uses the Scanner AI routines, so she's choosing not to cast fire-based spells when there's a mob that strongly resists fire. And Haste is associated with fire. Obviously it's dumb that there's even a check for a PARTY targeted spell (as opposed to a mob-targeted nuke or enfeeble), but hey, S-E.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mhakaracca
user: m3r36x
By Leviathan.Mhakaracca 2014-10-07 02:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

Welcome to goofy *** automaton AI, now retrofitted for the rest of FFXI so you can feel the 2006-present PUP community's pain LOL.

This is classic PUP Scanner (which is also built into the BLM automaton head even without attachment) behavior. Basically, the Scanner AI routine forces the automaton - or trust in this case - to not cast a spell on a mob that has a very high chance of resisting that element. It's intended to prevent wasted cast cycles and MP on spells that are highly likely to be resisted. Always led to some weird behavior by puppets, like not casting ANYTHING in some fights against highly magic resistant mobs. Standard PUP advice has basically always been DON'T EQUIP SCANNER to avoid this kind of nonsense.

Cherukiki obviously uses the Scanner AI routines, so she's choosing not to cast fire-based spells when there's a mob that strongly resists fire. And Haste is associated with fire. Obviously it's dumb that there's even a check for a PARTY targeted spell (as opposed to a mob-targeted nuke or enfeeble), but hey, S-E.

Haste is of the wind element.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-07 02:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mhakaracca said: »

Haste is of the wind element.

LOL good catch. Still, seems like Scanner AI. Maybe they inadvertently did tag it as Fire or unwound some spaghetti code nightmare.
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2014-10-07 02:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like we won't need to exit WOE to buy another Kupofried’s Medallion. That crap was annoying as hell.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Treyenma
Server: Lakshmi
user: Treyenma
By Lakshmi.Treyenma 2014-10-07 03:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was quite the pleasant surprise to see they put more work into making WoE less obnoxious. I gotta say I really prefer the idea of not having to run back to the conflux to exit a zone or find a chest on my way out.

Going to enjoy the additional Home Points too, but anytime I can warp somewhere instead of having to walk, I'm pretty happy about, for the most part.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-07 03:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone that spams the hell out of WoE, not having to run all the way back out when a flux ends is pretty amazing.

They just need to give everyone a temp flee buff on entering a flux now so getting to the boss of #7 or catching up on a partially cleared one sucks less.

Also the 10min->1min repop is pretty awesome too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-07 03:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I guess I finally have to get off my arse and do the avatar prime fights.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-10-07 03:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Treyenma said: »
Was quite the pleasant surprise to see they put more work into making WoE less obnoxious. I gotta say I really prefer the idea of not having to run back to the conflux to exit a zone or find a chest on my way out.

this so muchhhh!
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-10-07 03:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ugh. i was hoping for the linkshell update. i guess not, oh well
 Carbuncle.Conini
Server: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2014-10-07 03:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
When Atomos uses his blood pact ability while suffering from a status ailment or other effects, that effect is granted to party members.

Can potentially doomga your entire party? Oh man. . .
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-07 03:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah /Dnc gets 5 second cooldown on steps with this update (just tested with Rdm/dnc).

RIP dynamis ever having enough JA monsters.

Kraken club has never been more awesome now for dyna job combos that can use it since its tp generation capability to keep up with 3x stepping rate is very nice and also tp gen for burst ws'ing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Devilmaycry
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Devilmaycry 2014-10-07 03:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

New Happo Shuriken uses Waktza Rostrum to make 33~ have fun ninja's~ Smithing
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-10-07 03:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Devilmaycry said: »

Could be worse, I'm genuinely waiting for to be used for something... Like a new hexed set.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-07 03:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... if you don't use it with Sange, you only need one. Daken (the auto-throw attack) doesn't consume ammo.

So this seems to be a good fulltime TP ammo, and unless you're just loaded you won't be using this during Sange zerg times.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-07 04:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... if you don't use it with Sange, you only need one. Daken (the auto-throw attack) doesn't consume ammo.

So this seems to be a good fulltime TP ammo, and unless you're just loaded you won't be using this during Sange zerg times.
Certainly sounds like how I'd use it, probably use the sparks shuriken as a sange piece.
 Phoenix.Angelinn
By Phoenix.Angelinn 2014-10-07 04:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Proccing is back... yay... took down Titan on normal as PLD/RUN + RDM/WHM in 25 minutes. Procced yellow about 3 dozen times from random spells (he was susceptible to distract frazzle dia, but nothing else that I found). Procced red from CDC/atonement randomly a few times, and procced blue from shield bash/intervene. No idea what proccing did, other than interrupt his constant TP spam.

Overall pretty easy, cant imagine difficult or very difficult being challenging with solid WHM barspells and some /run DDs.

So, about what we all expected.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-10-07 04:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit hits hard as *** lol. Doesn't help I went in on firesday. Cleared it but no drops on Normal. Going to attempt D now.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2014-10-07 04:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The number of equipment sets able to be registered has been increased from twenty to one hundred.

I hope they add a number next to each of these 100 sets.
By Chimerawizard 2014-10-07 04:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely loving Entrust.
Entrust a DD some indi.
Thow up normal indi & geo spells.
watch the enemy melt.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-10-07 04:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

where the dats mine at?! also heard a rumor the avatars can drop tears for the new rings...that means ifritites will drop in price since ppl be spamming the ***out of ifrit :D
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-07 04:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Atomos looks cool at least

[+]
 Lakshmi.Treyenma
Server: Lakshmi
user: Treyenma
By Lakshmi.Treyenma 2014-10-07 04:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Trust: Lilisette is worse than the other two Dancer trusts. It's a shame, but she's basically just a melee trust like so many other mostly useless trusts.

Probably okay for low levels, but no value for roaming around at 99+.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6