BLU in Delve
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12
 Carbuncle.Skudo
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-23 12:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere up there, there's the assumption of MDB- capping once it's at 0.5. So no creating black holes on SE servers, unfortunately.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-23 12:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
Somewhere up there, there's the assumption of MDB- capping once it's at 0.5. So no creating black holes on SE servers, unfortunately.

Where? Been digging through Allakhazam/bg/bg-wiki/JP wiki and zero info about it.

Also it doesn't explain why that wopket vid using GEO MDB- didn't do more than 8k dmg at 1000 TP.

I would like to see Doctorugh's wopket vid with GEO and BLU MDB- debuff doing 22k leaden @1000 TP without weather bonus, thanks. Then I'll change one of the GEO bubble in all future yorcia run.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-23 13:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's because they had a blu; blu cocoon+ the ability to make mdb go negative make it the best job ever.
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-10-23 13:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Relevant -MDB testing from BG Forum

Post says more testing would be suggested to confirm its not just the spell capping, but its a good chance thats the actual cap.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-23 13:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiv said: »

Post says more testing would be suggested to confirm its not just the spell capping, but its a good chance thats the actual cap.

I don't think anything is confirmed in that discussion :X It only shows that stone 1 dmg was doubled on lv0 mobs, but it could be because lv 0 mobs has neutral MDB to begin with.

If can really double magical WS dmg like that, COR can potentially be the strongest DD in yorcia/kamir with 75% TP/WS dmg increase, AND extra SC dmg that do just as much. And probably inc nerf with 30k+ leaden(DP+ weather bonus+storm) at 1000 TP lol. Don't even need to do flash nova build on other DD, just have 1 other DD open darkness skill chain with 30k leaden lol.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 13:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I don't think anything is confirmed in that discussion :X It only shows that stone 1 dmg was doubled on lv0 mobs, but it could be because lv 0 mobs has neutral MDB to begin with.

If can really double magical WS dmg like that, COR can potentially be the strongest DD in yorcia/kamir with 75% TP/WS dmg increase, AND extra SC dmg that do just as much. And probably inc nerf with 30k+ leaden(DP+ weather bonus+storm) at 1000 TP lol. Don't even need to do flash nova build on other DD, just do darkness skill chain with 30k leaden lol.

I'll Agree I've Seen Doc's Cor doing 18k on the Madragora NM in Yorcia, but I never bothered mathing Magical WS's I just saw Maliase add Stupid Damage and was like.. Yeah I'll keep doing this.

I honestly thought this was well known about how much stupid damage you can get out of these WS's with a GEO.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-23 13:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

If can really double magical WS dmg like that, COR can potentially be the strongest DD in yorcia/kamir with 75% TP/WS dmg increase, AND extra SC dmg that do just as much. And probably inc nerf with 30k+ leaden(DP+ weather bonus+storm) at 1000 TP lol. Don't even need to do flash nova build on other DD, just do darkness skill chain with 30k leaden lol.

I'll Agree I've Seen Doc's Cor doing 18k on the Madragora NM in Yorcia, but I never bothered mathing Magical WS's I just saw Maliase add Stupid Damage and was like.. Yeah I'll keep doing this.

I honestly thought this was well known about how much stupid damage you can get out of these WS's with a GEO.

No, if it's that well known I'd be the first one maliase every yorcia NM for 30k leadens lol. First time knowing that Maliase can double magical WS dmg like that.

Don't need flash nova build from any other DD as well, just Fudo or CDC > 30k leaden---> darkness with allies roll---> profit. That's over 70k dmg with just 2 WS @1000 TP.

Also if it's that well known, I suppose SE would nerf it.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-23 13:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No, if it's that well known I'd be the first one maliase every yorcia NM for 30k leadens lol.

Well, you should do it then. I guess that would be something useful people can actually take away from this thread. Even though it's not directly BLU related.

/e: Slightly wtfretarded gear, because I brought 15 pieces of gear to Wildfire with and then I realised that QD would be way easier...
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-23 14:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
You arent going negative, you are lowering a base (the base being 100).

I cant explain why other ppl are unable to do whatever.

If you have a COR and a geo friend go test it yourself, its the only way ppl learn around here. Use QD on a mob then maliase/benthic typhoon and QD.....double damage.

Apparently math and spoon feeding info on how to excel isnt enough or your mind is so drowned in conspiracy that you believe some internet person (me) wants to fabricate leaden salute damage on game for some sinister unknown purpose.

MAB stands for "magic attack bonus". This MAB is at 100 before any traits,buffs,eq, or DEBUFFS

MDB stand for "Magic defense bonus". This MDB is at 100 before any buffs,traits,eq or DEBUFFS

And think about it....what would be the purpose of MDB- if it didnt actually do something.

Lower than the base is equal to negative.

I have a legit question toward your claim that MDB can go lower than base(using your own word) with MDB-, I even linked a video with GEO MDB- debuff doing normal dmg, and your only response is to personal attack?

I questioned your math, it has nothing to do with my believe that you have certain purpose, it's just that after digging around the web I see zero info regarding whether it can go lower than base or not, that's why I asked you for a proof/testing, and I believe I've been fairly polite about it.

If you want to post math in a discussion, you'd have to accept the fact that other ppl may question it.

I didn't claim whether MDB- do anything or not, I only questioned whether it can go lower when the mob is sitting at 0. I thought it only has an effect when the mob actually has MDB.

If the mob has 20 MDB, -10 MDB makes it 10 MDB, but I do not know if the mob has 0 MDB, -10 MDB makes it go lower than base or not.

So testing on a mob doesn't really help this case unless it's confirmed the mob really has 0 MDB. I've tested BT+ Sanguine, and it does increase dmg, but it doesn't prove anything unless it's confirmed the target has 0 MDB to begin with.

If another vid showing leaden only do 5~7k with GEO MDB- debuff, then it's safe to assume your assumption doesn't apply in real life unless they're using wrong debuff or debuff not hitting the NM.

Could you highlight the portions of personal attack? I'm having trouble seeing them and I appreciate your politeness.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-23 14:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You arent going negative, you are lowering a base (the base being 100).

I cant explain why other ppl are unable to do whatever.

If you have a COR and a geo friend go test it yourself, its the only way ppl learn around here. Use QD on a mob then maliase/benthic typhoon and QD.....double damage.

Apparently math and spoon feeding info on how to excel isnt enough or your mind is so drowned in conspiracy that you believe some internet person (me) wants to fabricate leaden salute damage on game for some sinister unknown purpose.

MAB stands for "magic attack bonus". This MAB is at 100 before any traits,buffs,eq, or DEBUFFS

MDB stand for "Magic defense bonus". This MDB is at 100 before any buffs,traits,eq or DEBUFFS

And think about it....what would be the purpose of MDB- if it didnt actually do something.

Lower than the base is equal to negative.

I have a legit question toward your claim that MDB can go lower than base(using your own word) with MDB-, I even linked a video with GEO MDB- debuff doing normal dmg, and your only response is to personal attack?

I questioned your math, it has nothing to do with my believe that you have certain purpose, it's just that after digging around the web I see zero info regarding whether it can go lower than base or not, that's why I asked you for a proof/testing, and I believe I've been fairly polite about it.

If you want to post math in a discussion, you'd have to accept the fact that other ppl may question it.

I didn't claim whether MDB- do anything or not, I only questioned whether it can go lower when the mob is sitting at 0. I thought it only has an effect when the mob actually has MDB.

If the mob has 20 MDB, -10 MDB makes it 10 MDB, but I do not know if the mob has 0 MDB, -10 MDB makes it go lower than base or not.

So testing on a mob doesn't really help this case unless it's confirmed the mob really has 0 MDB. I've tested BT+ Sanguine, and it does increase dmg, but it doesn't prove anything unless it's confirmed the target has 0 MDB to begin with.

If another vid showing leaden only do 5~7k with GEO MDB- debuff, then it's safe to assume your assumption doesn't apply in real life unless they're using wrong debuff or debuff not hitting the NM.

Could you highlight the portions of personal attack? I'm having trouble seeing them and I appreciate your politeness.

Not sure why's questioning whether MDB can go lower than base or not is related to doubting your intention.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-10-23 14:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd wager that for calculation purposes, Magic Defense, like regular Defense, can only go as low as 1.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-23 14:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

"Maxed" Geo-Malaise (taking to the 0.5 point mentioned on BG), Wizard's Roll XI, Indi-Acumen, Entrust Indi-AGI for fake Boost-AGI.

1000 TP:

2200-ish TP:

Just "proving" those numbers that were posted earlier are not far-fetched. inb4 "My numbers are better than yours!"
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-23 14:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"Maxed" Geo-Malaise (taking to the 0.5 point mentioned on BG), Wizard's Roll XI, Indi-Acumen, Entrust Indi-AGI for fake Boost-AGI.

1000 TP:

2200-ish TP:

Just "proving" those numbers that were posted earlier are not far-fetched. inb4 "My numbers are better than yours!"

Could you do a screenshot without Maliase, then do one with Maliase? Using exactly the same gear/buff/weather and 0.5 magic defense to better illustrate whether the dmg is straight 100% increase, Thanks!(Can't test this until weekend.....)

(If yes then wtf@ GEO)
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-23 14:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you do a screenshot without Maliase, then do one with Maliase?

It's the very first one:

Fire Shots on Windsday, same setting for all of them.

1219 with no Malaise.
1717 with NQ Malaise. (+40.8%, equivalent to about MDB-29).
1219 with Blazed + EA'd Malaise (50% resist on +~100%, apparently). I suck like that.
2439 with Blazed + EA'd Malaise (+~100%).
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-23 14:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you do a screenshot without Maliase, then do one with Maliase?

It's the very first one:

Fire Shots on Windsday, same setting for all of them.

1219 with no Malaise.
1717 with NQ Malaise. (+40.8%, equivalent to about MDB-29).
1219 with Blazed + EA'd Malaise (50% resist on +~100%, apparently). I suck like that.
2439 with Blazed + EA'd Malaise (+~100%).

Possible to do the same SS with leaden salute? :D
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-23 14:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just from an experience standpoint. There are many mobs that this works great on and some others that have -50% MDT or a high MDB to start with, cutting into the usefulness. But in areas and on mobs that you know it works.....its ideal.

And thanks to Skado for the visuals (seeing is believing?)
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-10-23 14:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Still, flash nova broke skill chain :X Leaden should close dark with allies roll. Kinda lame that COR can't solo dark :X
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-23 15:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Possible to do the same SS with leaden salute? :D

But I just undressed. ;-( I have to pretend to be working now, so maybe I'll do that later today.

For now, I'll do something else though: Showing that the lowest the MDB term can get most likely is 0.5.

Enervation (MDB-8) did not add any damage by pushing it past 0.5.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-23 15:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, the pic showing 30k can get over 65k with mythic, 300 tp voidstorm, obi and chatoyant staff, as if this game weren't easy enough. And no I don't have a mythic, only a firm grasp of damage formulas and a calculator.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-23 15:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang if only they did the same mistake as fishing and allow the game to divide by zero once more :(

Also I was wrong, I will jump on the blu bandwagon!
 Carbuncle.Skudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2014-10-23 15:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »

COR now, please.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-10-23 15:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna flash nova stuff to death :(
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-23 15:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

finally, befouled blue wizards will be recognized as what we really are!

probably not though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-23 15:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean evil genius that exploits game mechanics.....this was the only recognition I wanted
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 15:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Dang if only they did the same mistake as fishing and allow the game to divide by zero once more :(

SO CCL I WAS RIGHT

I want you to say it.

PLUS this also proves SPreadhseets are WRONG because they have flawed math and don't account damage correctly

HENCE SPREADSHEET MENTALITY RUINS PLAYER BASE.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-10-23 16:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Something about babies and bathwater
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-23 16:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When spreadsheets first came out, I looked at them and found to much stuff unaccounted to get accurate (yes I'm a skeptical person so I check before using the new "best job or item or tool"). So I never really bothered getting in to it. That said, its a ton of work for the guy that puts them together especially with a constant stream of new items and even changing game mechanics and job traits.

Conagh is absolutely right about the group think that occurs on ffxi (or anywhere in life really). Voidwatch messed up more players than a spreadsheet ever could and in general spreadsheets arent a bad thing, just know that only certain situations are accounted for when using them.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-10-23 16:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you find an issue, report it. He fixes them almost immediately
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-23 16:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no intention in pointing out a flaw to a tool that I choose not to use, when I can come up with answers quicker with a calculator and some paper.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12