Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » avatars
By worstplayer 2014-10-01 06:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

just a giggle, anyone know of any avatars not currently in game that was in previous ff games that could be cool to add and what games they were in? personally I can think of;
ff3: chocobo, imp, bomb, asura, sylph, bahamut
ff7: kjata, phoenix,
ff8: tonberry, cactuar, train (don't remember name), Gilgamesh.
wonder if any of these, (or others) will ever find their way to vanadiel aand what effects they'd have
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 06:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Doomtrain...
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-10-01 06:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I always liked Doomtrain, but I can't see how they could fit it into FFXI, Cactuar and Tonberry would be fun to have but they`d need more than 1 BP.

Quetzalcoatl would be a nice addition I think, since we only have 1 thunder based Avatar.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 06:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocobo: Can't, it's being used for something else.
Imp: Can't, it is a monster.
Bomb: Can't, it is a monster.
Asura: Can't, too many feels would be hurt if that became an avatar.
Sylph: Maybe. Probably not because Sylph is wind-oriented and "balance" would need to have 5 other elemental avatars to add with it.
Bahamut: Can't, the size of FFXI Bahamut would prevent it from ever being a summon. Even if they scale it down, it would have to be very tiny for it to work.
Kjata: Can't, the design would be very bad.
Phoenix: Can't, already in the game.
Tonberry: Can't, would ruin the RoZ lore.
Cactuar: Can't, it is a monster.
Doomtrain: Can't, the design would prevent it from being a summon.
Gilgamesh: Can't, there is an NPC with that name already.

So basically. No, it's stupid and you should feel bad for suggesting it.

#4spence
[+]
By worstplayer 2014-10-01 07:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

while I do have an undeniable obsession with loving trolls, because your so awesome, I can't bring myself round to it this time. while I do see your point about bahamut, doomtrain, Gilgamesh, the rest are poor excuses. all the 'already a monster', so...? some are already monsters in their respective games, and it wouldn't be too hard to do these, if its naming issue your talking about, give them a name. secondly, phoenix, is most in the game. in a sword. when do u actually see phoenix? and just because its in a sword I'm confused why phoenix wouldn't be able to lend its aid to others, as we all know each avatar currently in game give aid to more than just one summoner. lastly, I should 'feel bad'... hmmm maybe not. the first 3 words are 'just a giggle'. some people really do just need to chill out, relax, and understand that because they have one opinion, doesn't mean its the right one
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 07:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me elaborate then.

If it is a monster in this game, do you honestly think that they would give SMNs the monster as an avatar when we have a specific job who, you know, fights with monsters on their side?

As for Phoenix: CoP lore prevents both Bahamut and Phoenix from ever being summons because their story line gave them specific roles in the game.

Lastly: Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me a troll. Because by your reasoning, you are one also, for not agreeing with me.
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
Server: Leviathan
user: Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2014-10-01 07:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just stick Eden in here and call it a day
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-01 07:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

How about Hades?
*peterparkerface.jpg*

(In a non trolling note: your Bahamut excuse, Kingnobody, is utter and complete ***... Like... It is beyond stupid. If Titan can fit places, and Diabolos can fit places... Your and SE's argument in invalid by virtue that similarly large and high avatars already exist. Stop believing SE's *** that lets them be lazy.)

EDIT:
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
As for Phoenix: CoP lore prevents both Bahamut and Phoenix from ever being summons because their story line gave them specific roles in the game.
lolwha?
I can see you are believing in SE's excuse BS rather than in actual game plot.
  • Bahamut can be a summon. There is no plot reason He couldn't be... Unless you never did the epilogue quest... THEN I suppose the plot would demand that He's too big of a *** to allow a pact to be made.

• Phoenix could be a summon. There is no plot reason that She couldn't be. However, there IS a plot reason for as to why She could never be a traditional summon. (She'd have to be a 2hr like Odin and Alexander) Her crystal, the "true body" of the avatars in the imperfect world of Vana'diel, was (for unknown reasons) shattered into a myriad of pieces... Tenzen's blade housed a fragment... and throught the use of blood sacrifice, awoke that piece of the whole Phoenix. Which is why She can only talk and not really do much of anything else. So there is absolutely no reason that prevents Phoenix being a summon other than the lack of possession of a Crystal fragment.... which isn't something that is a REAL preventative... because getting KIs is what quests are for.

So basically: stop believing in SE's excuses that they use to be lazy.
After Storms of Fate, the only real preventative to Bahamut being a summon was removed.
And since there never was one for Phoenix.... yeah.
Stop allowing SE to be lazy. They should just be forthright about that there is not intention to make them summons atm... instead of the BS "plot shield" they hide behind when there is no plot preventing them from doing so.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-10-01 07:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If they wanted to they could add nearly every Avatar.
Doomtrain could be handled like a WS animation rushing through the screen as spell-like Avatars like Odin or Alexander with high recast.
Bahamuth could be changed to Diabolos size without problems, they just don't want to.
Phoenix could get a story-addon to make it possible.

Main problem is what roles should new fulltime avatars have? We already got everything. The existing ones need a few fixes though as the BloodPact potency caps are way too low now.

I wouldn't mind if they add second class Avatars though. Single Blood Pact ones like Odin/Alexander without the use of Astral flow but high Recast time. But development team should fix what we have now first before adding such work intensive projects.

Avatars which were not mentioned yet: Valefor, Anima

[edit]: like mentioned by others: Monsters should go to Beastmasters (exclusion would most likely be Ixion)
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-10-01 08:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

People seem to be forgetting that Phoenix with the last of her power fused with a certain someone giving him her power. Bahamut doesnt like the 5 races that much so why should he help us? So no pacts with either of them.

Instead of other avatars id rather have the ones we have atm fixed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-10-01 11:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
People seem to be forgetting that Phoenix with the last of her power fused with a certain someone giving him her power. Bahamut doesnt like the 5 races that much so why should he help us? So no pacts with either of them.

Instead of other avatars id rather have the ones we have atm fixed.
My CoP states:
Bahamut: "That is why I have come... To stop the seeds of man from being wiped from Vana'Diel." (after Tenzen fight if I look at the Screenshots correctly)
He also made several pacts before. (mentioned in previous cutscenes)
You might want to watch the cut scenes again.

And a phoenix being reborn wouldn't be totally new to the world.

So if they wanted, they could.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-10-01 12:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the task that Altanta entrusted to him but his way of protecting us was to destroy us all then the bringer of the apocalypse would be destroyed with us. It wasnt until we stopped the bringer of the apocalypse that he stopped his plan. Ill admit it was a while ago that i completed CoP but as far as i know it was Fenrir and Diabolos that made pacts with the Kuluu.

Bahamut also tried destroying the celestrial capital 10000 years ago to stop them from opening the gates to paradise which would revert it back to the original vana'deil where only the gods, avatars and zilart could live.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-01 12:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't really believe that we are arguing about lore here.

It's all SE to be honest. It's not like they completely changed their stories to fit popular want before.
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-10-01 12:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats the task that Altanta entrusted to him but his way of protecting us was to destroy us all then the bringer of the apocalypse would be destroyed with us. It wasnt until we stopped the bringer of the apocalypse that he stopped his plan. Ill admit it was a while ago that i completed CoP but as far as i know it was Fenrir and Diabolos that made pacts with the Kuluu.
It's after the Mammet fight when the pact with Kuluu is mentioned.

Without the 7+ year old Screenshots I wouldn't be able to remember the details as well, so nothing wrong with not getting everything together anymore.

I cannot find anything though which supports your previous claim that he hates us all.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Can't really believe that we are arguing about lore here.
Why not? It's been quite some years. Some refreshing now and then doesn't hurt.
By DARKH0RSE 2014-10-01 12:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy

Or this guy

Or any of the dark Aeons, which were pretty cool imo.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-10-01 12:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Magus Sisters
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-01 12:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I can see you are believing in SE's excuse BS rather than in actual game plot.
Bahamut can be a summon. There is no plot reason He couldn't be... Unless you never did the epilogue quest... THEN I suppose the plot would demand that He's too big of a *** to allow a pact to be made.

SE has mentioned many times before, that Bahamut will not be an actual summon. because that would require to shrink the size of the summon and cut his power for balance purposes, which would be insulting for the great Wyrmking.
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-10-01 12:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In the cutscene with bahamut and the wyrms he commands them to get ready to attack the people of vana'diel and flies off saying "Children of the dawn, your end is nigh".
 Bismarck.Leneth
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-10-01 13:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In the cutscene with bahamut and the wyrms the commands them to get ready to attack the people of vana'diel and flies off saying "Children of the dawn, your end is nigh".
Doesn't seem too hateful if we take the sentence right before into context.
It was to safe his 'mother'. we just had a lower priority at that time.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-01 13:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We need Bahamut already
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2014-10-01 13:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Magus Sisters
Wasn't it confirmed that X,Y and Z were the Magus Sisters?
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-10-01 13:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes in the JP version they have the magus sisters names.
By greebo 2014-10-01 13:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

That's super lame. Not sure why the English localization team thought English players wouldn't get the reference, seeing as the sisters pop up in multiple FF games.

X, Y, Z always felt a little HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to me, and now I know why.
 Bismarck.Hellkyte
user: hellkyte
By Bismarck.Hellkyte 2014-10-07 11:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's one I don't see mentioned. Siren(ffviii), could maybe play a more buff/enfeeb type role? Give her some cool/unique abilities that might allow smn to be more sought after for higher-tier content. The name's used for some items in-game but I don't think there's an actual mob, so why not add another beauty to our female avatar arsenal? ^_-