Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-30 06:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[dev1235] Job Adjustments
The following jobs will undergo adjustments.

Warrior
The effects of the job ability Berserk will increase in stages as the player rises in level. Physical attack will increase by 1% per stage at levels 50, 60, 70, 80, and 90, and will reach a maximum of 30% when combined with the original effects.
The effects of the job ability Defender will increase in stages as the player rises in level. Physical defense will increase by 1% per stage at levels 50, 60, 70, 80, and 90, and will reach a maximum of 30% when combined with the original effects.

Thief
Dagger skill will be raised from A to A+.

Beastmaster
Axe skill will be raised from A to A+.
Familiars summoned using the Call Beast ability will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.

Ninja
A new job trait, Daken, will be added.
When equipped with a shuriken, the ninja will occasionally throw it upon autoattacking.
This trait will be learned at level 25 and will increase in stages at level 40, 55, 70, and 95.
* Shuriken thrown using Daken will not be consumed.
Sange will undergo the following adjustments.
Sange (Recast time: 3 min., effect duration: 60 sec.)
Daken will always activate but consume shuriken. Increase ranged accuracy by 25.
Katana skill will be raised from A to A+.

Dragoon
Wyverns will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.

Summoner
A new spell will be added.
Atomos (Lv. 75, Recast time: 60 sec.)
Removes one magic effect from an enemy and grants it to friendly players within area of effect.
* Atomos has no additional blood pacts usable during Astral Flow.
A new job ability, Apogee, will be added.
Apogee (Lv. 70, Recast time: 5 min., Effect duration: 60 sec.)
Decreases the recast time on the next blood pact, but causes it to consume more MP.
The job ability Avatar's Favor will be changed.
Penalties, including physical and magic attack, will be abolished.
The avatar's perpetuation cost will increase.
Avatars will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.

Blue Mage
The casting time of the following spells will be decreased.
Metallic Body / Warm-Up / Amplification / Zephyr Mantle / Triumphant Roar
The effect duration of the following spells will be increased.
Memento Mori / Reactor Cool / Saline Coat / Plasma Charge / Diamondhide / Magic Barrier / Barrier Tusk / Orcish Counterstance / Nature's Meditation / Zephyr Mantle / Triumphant Roar
The MP cost of Triumphant Roar will be decreased.
The efficacy of Regeneration will be increased.
Attribute adjustments will be added to the following spells.
Tempestuous Upheaval / Rending Deluge / Enbalming Earth / Foul Water / Retinal Glare / Subduction
Sword skill will be raised from A to A+.

Puppetmaster
Hand-to-hand skill will be raised from B+ to A+.
Automatons will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.

Dancer
The following job abilities will undergo adjustments.
The recast time for steps will be decreased from fifteen to five seconds.
The recast time for the job ability Presto will be decreased from thirty to fifteen seconds.
The job ability Climactic Flourish will receive a damage boost varying with charisma.
The job ability Striking Flourish will have its recast time decreased from 120 to thirty seconds and will receive a damage boost varying with charisma.
The job ability Ternary Flourish will have its recast time decreased from 120 to forty-five seconds and will receive a damage boost varying with charisma.
Dagger skill will be raised from B+ to A+.

Geomancer
A new job ability, Entrust, will be added.
Entrust (Lv. 75, Recast time: 10 min., Effect duration: 60sec.)
The next indicolure spell cast may target a party member.

The increase in pet Attack and ACC is nice. As is most 1-hand weapon skill ranking getting increased from A to A+. Avatar favor not gimping pets is long overdue.
By Keido 2014-09-30 06:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup Atomos completely *** worthless. Didn't see that coming.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 06:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeeee

My Berserk will go up to +39% now~

This update just made Conqueror WARs even better!
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-09-30 06:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically GEO is getting a Pianissimo-styled JA...on 10 min recast. /sadface

Edit; unless it allows you to keep up two Indicolures at once(and I seriously have my doubts about that) I can't see it changing much for Geo..back to augmenting Hagondes with pdt-
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-30 07:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on the duration of the BLU spells, that's gonna be amazing. Several of those are already pretty good, would see a lot more use if not for the cast times / short durations.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-09-30 07:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

@_@ at the step recast changes.
I'm surprised at that since it has significant effect on dynamis JA staggering speed with steps if you can do it 3x faster.
Also being able to climactic rudra's more frequently + stronger dagger skill will be nice.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-09-30 07:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Edit; unless it allows you to keep up two Indicolures at once(and I seriously have my doubts about that) I can't see it changing much for Geo..back to augmenting Hagondes with pdt-

This is a great ability for GEOs. It means in Delve, on those specific boss fights where it is unfriendly to stand close, you don't have to.

Not only that, it greatly helps to ensure uptime of buffs on DD (you don't have to stay near them) or things like Refresh on healers in mobile content. It also adds great worth to the now growing Indi duration on equipment. Make no mistake - this is a powerful new tool and I will be abusing it as much as possible. It allows for a lot more strategy and utility, and yet is also creative. What a nice addition.

I highly doubt it allows two indi; if it does, that was a completely unnecessary way overpowered buff.

As for Atomos, as expected, he is completely situational and mostly useless. He will be useful on very specific fights, but it's going to be hard to find those fights, and even then, not much. I imagine you could do some funny stuff on something like Wopket, like get him to steal something with Root of the Problem and then give it to everyone nearby. I somehow doubt it can actually steal 2 hour abilities, and will only steal things that can be dispelled... but they could surprise us. Stealing Mighty Strikes, Invincible, whatever will expand its niche use, at least a little bit.

Hoping that the favor penalties "being removed" also includes having to wait for it to tick upwards. I'd appreciate it if got more tweaks than just "stat penalties removed", because it sucks to have to idle in SMN skill gear to maintain higher tiers, and using Blood Pacts causes tier drops. Either way, the majority of the stat gains suck outside of Ifrit, Ramuh, Diabolos (though Ifrit and Ramuh are quite potent).

Besides that, looks good, this is a nice patch. Job ability is thumbs up, it's all a step in the right direction... a step. I'm really looking forward to that accuracy...
By Meepercat 2014-09-30 07:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hoping that the lower steps recast carries over to /DNC as well. Doesn't specifically say one way or another, apart from being listed under Dancer adjustment. So it's either that, or DNC99/BLM00 forever!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-30 07:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Stokke isn't completely useless. You could, for instance, swap into your DD pf, and Steal Mighty Strikes from Droog, and give it to your DDs. It's definitely a niche JA, but so are most other SPs.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
Server: Phoenix
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-09-30 07:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jkun said: »

I don't play geo. But I could see this as a bonus for being out of range of damage but bring able to have Indi effect on the front lines.

Also, hope that pet ACC also counts for our RACC. This is a much needed update my puppetmaster was needing. And couldn't been a more perfect time.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 07:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Stokke isn't completely useless. You could, for instance, swap into your DD pf, and Steal Mighty Strikes from Droog, and give it to your DDs. It's definitely a niche JA, but so are most other SPs.
I'm assuming that you mean Atomos.

And I highly doubt it would be 1hr friendly, like Larceny. More likely it will be magic only enhancing buffs eligible, since it specifically state "magic" in the wording, and not JA.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-30 07:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I'm assuming that you mean Atomos.

And I highly doubt it would be 1hr friendly, like Larceny. More likely it will be magic only enhancing buffs eligible, since it specifically state "magic" in the wording, and not JA.

Yea, meant Atomos, stupid auto-correct. And yes, missed the magic part. :/
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2014-09-30 07:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Keido said: »

This is pretty disappointing. I was hoping they might have another set of Blood Pacts or Wards on a separate timer from the originals... would have been nice to be able to use one more frequently than every 40 seconds.
By Wolfen 2014-09-30 07:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja finally gets A+ on katana... that new JT looks neat, but did they ever add any new shuriken or is it just the same old crap?
By Keido 2014-09-30 07:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »

This is pretty disappointing. I was hoping they might have another set of Blood Pacts or Wards on a separate timer from the originals... would have been nice to be able to use one more frequently than every 40 seconds.

That is what the rumor was.. Hastega II stuff like that... Oh and I really like the yeah we got rid of making the avatar weaker during Favor but now we are making it cost more. Which could be fine depending on what that cost more is. If its like 5mp a Tick that still makes favor blow.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 08:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No marksmanship skill increase for corsair in light of puppetmaster and dancer skill increases is just a kick in the balls.

It's like SE is actively trying to lose me these days.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 08:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wolfen said: »
Ninja finally gets A+ on katana... that new JT looks neat, but did they ever add any new shuriken or is it just the same old crap?

I'm sure there will be new items in the works with the update, if nothing else.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-30 08:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Dagger A+? Thank you! I'll certainly take that with a smile.
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2014-09-30 08:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't be happier about the DNC adjustments ;-;
[+]
By Keido 2014-09-30 08:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wolfen said: »

Shuriken could really be sweet. I am betting they wont be however. C'mon SE Delve Shuriken!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 08:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Quote:
I highly doubt it allows two indi; if it does, that was a completely unnecessary way overpowered buff.

Both of you can kill yourself with a Lvl8 taru in Valkurm Dunes. I have been praying for this FOR MONTHS. It seems that Square has actually listened to 2 of my recent request updates for GEO - the 50%DT buff, and the Indicolure casting on others.

Quote:
This goes back to what I have said thousands of times - Make Indicolure spells targetable on different players for a reduced effect. There NO REASON why I shouldn't be able to place Indi-Fury/Precision on my front line DD, Refresh on my WHM, and Mattbns on the lolBLM and macc on the sch. It wouldn't be overpowered at all if the effect was limited to only that player or a reduced duration.

But the point is, outside of the fact that GEO spells are missing some pretty nifty buffs and debuffs at the moment, the issue lies with the *** luopan. How can this job succeed when the ***dies in 2 hits? Why are they so stubborn into thinking because it can't be dispelled that means something...? The ***is dispelled the moment the monster hits it, which is 15 seconds after being cast. wtf
GEO Mythic

I have been ranting about this for months, and its the LOGICAL choice to make this possible. This will allow me to keep Refresh on Mages while standing on monster with Frailty/Torpor, or Vex/Attunement and giving a DD Fury or Haste or... The possibilities are ENDLESS! Theres no reason they shouldn't stack. But people unfamiliar with the jobs said Haste and Geo Haste wouldnt stack. Some players have GEO-ignorance of the job. An Sphere equpment spell stacks with a GEO, I can't see why this wouldn't/

Yeeeaaaappp, it will DEFINITELY allow for two indi spells, and one Geomancy spell, just like you can use Sakura/Moogle for aura buffs and they overlap.

This is not overpowered, this makes GEO effectively a "3 bubble" Job, comparable with BRD, and completely eclipses COR for buffs. This, coupled with the appropriate Indicolure buff duration gear (give us job points, too), pretty much makes my GEO (pre-idris) THE S H I T!
However, I'm not thinking this would be a complete aura. They might make it lame and have the targettable Indi spell be for that person only (wouldn't be really GEO if they did, but its SE). Either way, the buff is not unnecessary, is not overpowered, and makes GEO extremely versatile now. Stop complaining!

Couple notable mentions: THF and BLU upgrade to weapons are really nice, and BLU getting more duration from those spells we never used too much of, huge update. Now to improve the depreciation values of saline coat.
[+]
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-09-30 08:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Quote:

This is a great ability for GEOs. It means in Delve, on those specific boss fights where it is unfriendly to stand close, you don't have to.

Right, and I guess it's better than not having anything at all to play with, but it's still going to be up about 1/3 of the time (max duration Indi is around 3:30 currently) so it's nowhere close to changing the way we play GEO. Massive -DT% set is still mandatory if you're serious about the job.

In response to what Bukki said... amen to all of that IF they do give us 3 bubbles with Entrust. Otherwise, moving on, nothing to see here.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-30 08:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not right, SE not giving samurai anything with all of these other jobs being buffed :(
[+]
By Keido 2014-09-30 08:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
It's not right, SE not giving samurai anything with all of these other jobs being buffed :(

Where exactly is Samurai hurting?
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-30 08:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
Quote:

Not only that, it greatly helps to ensure uptime of buffs on DD (you don't have to stay near them) or things like Refresh on healers in mobile content. It also adds great worth to the now growing Indi duration on equipment. Make no mistake - this is a powerful new tool and I will be abusing it as much as possible. It allows for a lot more strategy and utility, and yet is also creative. What a nice addition.

As for Atomos, as expected, he is completely situational and mostly useless. He will be useful on very specific fights, but it's going to be hard to find those fights, and even then, not much. I imagine you could do some funny stuff on something like Wopket, like get him to steal something with Root of the Problem and then give it to everyone nearby. I somehow doubt it can actually steal 2 hour abilities, and will only steal things that can be dispelled... but they could surprise us. Stealing Mighty Strikes, Invincible, whatever will expand its niche use, at least a little bit.

Hoping that the favor penalties "being removed" also includes having to wait for it to tick upwards. I'd appreciate it if got more tweaks than just "stat penalties removed", because it sucks to have to idle in SMN skill gear to maintain higher tiers, and using Blood Pacts causes tier drops. Either way, the majority of the stat gains suck outside of Ifrit, Ramuh, Diabolos (though Ifrit and Ramuh are quite potent).

Besides that, looks good, this is a nice patch. Job ability is thumbs up, it's all a step in the right direction... a step. I'm really looking forward to that accuracy...
Titan's Favor no longer sucks now that DEF mattering is a thing.
And Cait Sith's MDB can be quite good too.

And I am VERY disappointed in Atomos... He should have been a 2hr Impact... The drain is neat and all... But it's 1 effect... And I'd suspect that it's very likely to not steal 2hrs first... Meaning you're just gonna jank protect instead of Mighty Strikes or Invincible.

And it's really not that hard to idle in enough skill gear to cap favor potency... 450 skill is all it takes... Meaning all you need is +33 from gear... (if you're SMN: capped skill or GTFO.)
And that's super easily maintained from Convoker's Horn, and Glyphic Bracers... So... It's not hurting you at all since those are what you should be idling in anyways.

And I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the lack of Cait Sith's +75BPs...
She was part of the announcement header... But no BPs?? Dafuq?
And the new JA is... Nice... I guess. It's not job changing, but it's a nice bump.

As for the whole 2 indi-spells.
I don't think it's broken to allow for two... Since Indi-spell duration is <<<<<< the 10m recast on the JA... You can't keep one fulltimed on a person.

EDIT:
Valefor.Seranos said: »

That is what the rumor was.. Hastega II stuff like that... Oh and I really like the yeah we got rid of making the avatar weaker during Favor but now we are making it cost more. Which could be fine depending on what that cost more is. If its like 5mp a Tick that still makes favor blow.
It only blows if you're a SMN who fulltimes Hagondes everything because you think perp cost is the only thing that matters.
For real SMNs, a +2~4 perp won't really hurt all that much. (Also: I wouldn't be surprised if all they did was adjust the variables of Favor such that -STAT;RANGE{0,0} and switched the perp - to a +... So at 99 I'm expecting +4perp.)

And it wasn't a rumor. It was a flat out statement from Matsui that "Garuda will be able to Hastega2"...
Which the promised job adjustments and Cait Sith being in the header, people just assumed it was now.

But it'll happen... Eventually.... Sigh........
(Probably in the same update where they ungimp Earthen Ward and Noctoshield to be >75... At least that's what I'd expect... Much easier to just adjust the variable for Hastega to copypaste GEO's haste style into it...)
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-09-30 08:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Where exactly is Samurai hurting?

Right in the feels...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-30 08:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yes, that's what I mean. If this DOESN'T add a third bubble, I seriously dont give a fk. I really dont see how adding a JA that allows it to be targettable on another person DOESN'T give you a third bubble. I can't see how that restriction would even work. I'm thinking the Entrust ability will be coded like Terpander, in that the next Indi-spell used will in effect be a "third" buff, assuming you don't cast it on yourself. Then the next Indi spell (on yourself) would be the same self-targetting coding that is not affected by Entrust's duration or condition at all.

Basically I'm seeing this scenario: Luopan + Indi, Use Entrust > Indi#2. They didn't want to give us two Luopans, but effectively, they did.

If Entrust doesn't give a third bubble, its kind of only used to keep yourself out of danger, or superbuff others. Which wouldn't be bad, it just wouldn't be what we are expecting. And I'd be a sad panda. And I'd have to come back here and say I was wrong.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-30 08:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Please nerf fudo :( but knowing SE first they will buff every job to be somewhat close to sam then nerf the ***out of it, I'd rather have a nerf now!
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 08:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They forgot to mention the "additional effect: Curaga V" they're supposed to add to Tachi: Fudo. I'm positive they got the memo.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-30 08:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you be a sad panda, GEO is already powerful as *** and 3 bubbles is easily OP.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13