Divine Might 2 - Low to Mid man setup
 Odin.Brahk
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2014-09-29 07:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I've only done DM2 a few times and they have all been with 16-18 people. I know it can be done with much less and wanted to get some information on best strategies for a lower man setup. I was thinking approximately 8-10 people in the alliance.

Party 1:
RNG x 4-5
BRD x 1
COR (depending on RNG #)

Party 2:
PLD x 2
RDM x 1
WHM x 1

Strategy basically being 1 PLD runs in and aggros all and pulls them to entrance. Second PLD pulls off 1 mob at a time and RNGs burn it down. WHM stays with tanking PLD and RDM stays with supertank PLD. Kill order of EV > GK > HM > MR > TT. Is there anything that should be tweaked in this setup/strategy? Recommendations for subs or the PLDs (Supertank vs normal tank subs)?

I'd like to do this on normal, see how it goes and progress from there. Again, any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-29 07:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much wrong with your suggested set up, as for subs, have the supertank PLD/DNC and the normal PLD/WAR. As for the healer, you could probably get away with 1 healer for both PLD, just sort of have the PLDs 30-40 yalms apart and the whm in between the 2 out of AoE range, though the tunnels can make this awkward due to sight issues.

If you're going to bring 2 healers, PLDs will be pretty self-sufficient so perhaps give the normal PLD the RDM so they can flurry 2 the RNGs and the WHM to the supertank. The only mob that should cause any sort of trouble is EV just because of Arrogance.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-29 08:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i do it on vd with

pld/war
whm/sch
brd/whm
geo/rdm

rng/war
rng/war
rng/war
rng/war
cor/dnc

enter, sv+clarion minnex4 scherzo, swap to rng party and put songs up while pld pulls back to start(recommend fealty for pull)

once in place, brd troubs and reapplies everything as well as ballads for the geo and whm, then geo can change to rng party for indi-fury(should also be doing geo-frailty and flurrying rngs)

whm and brd cure/-na pld, rotate before songs drop to keep your 5th song on rngs, n/t when its up

kill elv > gk > hume > mithra

stay over 20' from hume to avoid mijin, make sure pld has scherzo for that since you don't want to risk dying to chant+light in aegis

fealty mithra at like 55%, aegis before 25

once 4/5 dead, wild card and redo night/troub, include scherzo in both party's songs as a failsafe for meteor, invite the whm to rng party so parties look like

pld
brd
geo

whm
rng
rng
rng
rng
cor

shoot taru down, you can keep shooting through manafont just throw a curaga4 after each meteor

usually clear in 20-22 min, i honestly wouldn't be too surprised if a melee setup could cut the cleartime and/or party # even lower but this is pretty effort free for me
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-29 09:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i do it on vd with

pld/war
whm/sch
brd/whm
geo/rdm

rng/war
rng/war
rng/war
rng/war
cor/dnc

enter, sv+clarion minnex4 scherzo, swap to rng party and put songs up while pld pulls back to start(recommend fealty for pull)

once in place, brd troubs and reapplies everything as well as ballads for the geo and whm, then geo can change to rng party for indi-fury(should also be doing geo-frailty and flurrying rngs)

whm and brd cure/-na pld, rotate before songs drop to keep your 5th song on rngs, n/t when its up

kill elv > gk > hume > mithra

stay over 20' from hume to avoid mijin, make sure pld has scherzo for that since you don't want to risk dying to chant+light in aegis

fealty mithra at like 55%, aegis before 25

once 4/5 dead, wild card and redo night/troub, include scherzo in both party's songs as a failsafe for meteor, invite the whm to rng party so parties look like

pld
brd
geo

whm
rng
rng
rng
rng
cor

shoot taru down, you can keep shooting through manafont just throw a curaga4 after each meteor

usually clear in 20-22 min, i honestly wouldn't be too surprised if a melee setup could cut the cleartime and/or party # even lower but this is pretty effort free for me

With one PLD where are you positioning for the RNGs to pew pew? since your holding all the mobs at once?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-29 09:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

up against that tiny ridge in the hallway near entrance, can still do an essentially straight line w/ all of them

you can also rotate your cor to do gallants roll, which'll result in them hitting for essentially nothing even when unblocked and give some extra security
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-29 11:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
up against that tiny ridge in the hallway near entrance, can still do an essentially straight line w/ all of them

you can also rotate your cor to do gallants roll, which'll result in them hitting for essentially nothing even when unblocked and give some extra security
Sounds good, prolly good to practice the line up on VE or something first.
 Odin.Brahk
Server: Odin
user: Brahk
By Odin.Brahk 2014-09-29 21:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input everyone. Ended up doing normal with:

RNGx3
COR
GEO
WHM
PLDx2
BRD

Neither PLD had Aegis so swapped COR and he full timed Gallant & Magus's rolls on the PLD party. Went really well until our WHM's controller messed up and he lost control and died and then HM got hate at the last second and Mijin Gakure everyone and caused death ; ;

Timed out on TT while he was at 18%.

Thanks again to all for the good advice. ~cheers