Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Thinking about coming back
Thinking about coming back
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2014-09-28 16:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it even worth coming back at this point?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-28 16:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's worth it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Shirai
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-10-01 04:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how long you've been away, but if you're coming back this should help to get you going again.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-10-01 04:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Very much worth it.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 06:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut ftw!
 Sylph.Xodia
Server: Sylph
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-10-01 07:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

destiny is better!
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 07:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Xodia said: »
destiny is better!
lol, not by a long shot.

Goat simulator is better than Destiny.
 Sylph.Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-10-01 07:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, guess uvee had bad luck on there do u play with friends?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 07:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, guess uvee had bad luck on there do u play with friends?
I don't need to play it to know what kind of game it is and that it has no depth.
 Sylph.Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-10-01 07:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

then your opinion is invalid if you havent played it, which is unfair to the OP tsk tsk.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 07:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

then your opinion is invalid if you havent played it, which is unfair to the OP tsk tsk.

Not at all in either scenario, I don't need to stick a knife through my hand to know it would suck.
 Sylph.Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-10-01 07:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

just lol anyways to the OP ignore this guy, id suggest u give destiny a go or if a friend has it get them to let you play it ^^. ffxi is just lame and boring.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 07:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just lol, anyways to the OP: listen to this guy, I would suggest you don't give destiny a go ^^. FFXI is great

ftfy

but for the real: you're claiming that you're helping the OP by telling him to play something else entirely unrelated to the topic he inquired about isn't productive and unfair to the OP entirely.

Destiny is a mediocre game that was turned to ***by trying to reap money from hacking it up and having the story in dlc instead of selling a whole game, not to mention that fps are old news, in the words of my friend "I give it a resounding "meh" out of 10"

I may give it a go for a few if/when it comes on PC and I'll just pirate it, it's not worth the money.
 Sylph.Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-10-01 07:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, giving him a better option is productive i aint holding a gun to his head making him play it u jackass, anyways to the OP i hope u have fun whichever u decide in.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 07:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, giving him a better option is productive i aint holding a gun to his head making him play it u jackass, anyways to the OP i hope u have fun whichever u decide in.

In your opinion it's better, and I'm not a jackass, but you are when you come in here and post that stupid ***.

Also: learn some *** basic grammar. But a dude who has 11 REM's (showing) really has no room to ever give anyone ***about playing FFXI.
 Bahamut.Josseppi
user: Josseppi
By Bahamut.Josseppi 2014-10-01 08:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu FTMFW!!
[+]
 Sylph.Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-10-01 08:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i knew it ur a nazi! lolz, and i dont play anymore u *** so what if i have 11 REM means ive more experience and dedication than you with ur whmsolomjollnir lol. too lazy to make a yagrush i guess. :D
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 08:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i knew it ur a nazi! lolz, and i dont play anymore u *** so what if i have 11 REM means ive more experience and dedication than you with ur whmsolomjollnir lol. too lazy to make a yagrush i guess. :D
I'm not a nazi by any means, but going from the level of intellect you're putting forth here, I imagine you did a lot of shady ***to collect all that.

Regardless if you still play or not, your history discounts your current statements.

I wanted a Mjollnir, so I got one, Yagrush is on my list of maybes right now, I haven't decided yet. But as I didn't really start playing any decent amount until a few months ago (for the first time in a few years) it's kinda moot.
 Sylph.Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-10-01 08:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

wrong yet again grammer nazi, coolstory about the yagrush /yawn.
to the OP feel free to get these posts removed bud they dragged on abit, hope you have fun but ffxi is dead mate dont bother, if u do play destiny PM me if u need any help. peace.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-01 08:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

to the OP feel free to get these posts removed bud they dragged on abit, hope you have fun but ffxi is dead mate dont bother, if u do play destiny PM me if u need any help. peace.
Not wrong at all, and I'm not a grammar nazi, I'm just not a moron.

FFXI is far from dead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mavira
Server: Bismarck
user: AwwwYeee
By Bismarck.Mavira 2014-10-01 08:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say yes! I came back myself not too long ago and it's alot easier to hop back in now than it was before with things like RoE/sparks gear,skirmish and reforged AF/Relic. Give it a try, if it's not where you like it at least your not wondering anymore.
[+]
By greebo 2014-10-01 09:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

@Xodia I just came back and this game is far from dead. Maybe you're just not well liked. I'm not sure why you even waste your time posting on a forum for a game that's supposedly dead. Go troll Destiny boards or something.

@OP. Depending on when you quit (for me it was ~2010), the amount of content to do is pretty staggering. The playerbase is pretty seasoned, and helpful, and I see new folks daily. My LS has taken to picking up a lot of returning folks and true blue newbies of late, so I'm as active as I was back in my old days.

Old content and zones are mostly empty due to everyone being at end game, pretty much. Trusts have pretty much done away with lower level pug's but it's still super easy to get a party together if you ask folks.

I'd say, if you truly enjoyed FFXI, play it, see if you can move past the noastalgia trip, and dig into new end game.
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2014-10-30 04:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I do like Destiny but none of my friends play. Still thinking about coming back to FFXI. Just so much easier to turn on the PS4 and play and blow ***up. What jobs and gear is big now? How much work will it take to not be a gimp? OH also my Play time would be a little off seeing as I work 11pm to 7:30am EST. So I would only get to play like 5-9pm-ish.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-10-30 05:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The safety net for many current fights is a PLD, WHM, BRD 2/3 RNG and if you don't use the third RNG, another support like COR, RDM or GEO.

SAM seems to be taking the mantle of top DD right now, with the improvements to Tachi: Fudo particularly shining.

Then you have SCH which serves as stun gun for Delve 1 and can be used as a support job/nuker in Delve 2 (think things like watering the Tree NM and breaking boss auras).

There are also some fights people will zerg where they will need SMN Earthen Armor on top of Scherzo so that has it's uses. MNK also assumedly has it's uses like it always has done, still a top DD.

Other than that, THF has it's uses as always, particularly as a solo job for farming but also has been known to be taken to fights for TH.
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2014-10-31 23:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. Looks like I would be doing COR or PLD as I work on SAM.My RNG is FAR from being useful. Now to find a LS and or a new server.