Forum » FFXI » General » Maps for new areas
Maps for new areas
 Valefor.Artemys
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2014-09-26 00:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So I decided to start up again and play, question though.
Is Apradar gone? I noticed the site won't load anymore and I am soo lost in the SoA areas >_>
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-26 19:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i am pretty sure you can still give them your money and they will take it. as far as updating idk most use that mini map plug in now i think.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-26 20:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Artemys said: »
So I decided to start up again and play, question though.
Is Apradar gone? I noticed the site won't load anymore and I am soo lost in the SoA areas >_>
Ap Radar isn't gone per se, just the guy who maintains it supposedly has very little time to keep it updated anymore, the site is down now for w/e reason and it has gone down before and took a while before it was brought back up.

As for the state of Ap Radar, it's fully functional minus the Adoulin areas, since that's what you want it for, you're probably out of luck, the no adoulin maps has been an issue for months now.
 Valefor.Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2014-10-01 03:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an Apradar version they can send me that has working maps for all WotG areas? The version I had doesn't have Glacier nor Xarcabard :x
By dustinfoley 2014-10-01 12:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been working on maps for skirmish recently and have just been pulling things from FFassist. If you can find the maps there its pretty easy to get them working on apradar. Shame its basically no longer supported.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-01 12:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Ive been working on maps for skirmish recently and have just been pulling things from FFassist. If you can find the maps there its pretty easy to get them working on apradar. Shame its basically no longer supported.

ApRadar3 shows the maps.

Read the forums it explains how to sort it ~~ and Download the maps etc Assuming they actually update fix it ~ I will give you a link one sec....
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-01 13:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maps are here, it a Zip file, DL if you want, VIRUS SCAN IT OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!! and other usual checks if you even consider it!

I do not normally upload ***for others to get, nor do I check it to make sure it's safe, download at your own risk.
By dustinfoley 2014-10-01 16:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

by default apradar does not show maps for any of the skirmish areas, outter rakaznar, inner rakaznar, or any of the delve areas. The ini didnt even contain anything about those areas

You can find maps of all those areas on ffasist and it was even linked to there from apradar for a while before the site went down.

yes you can get apradar to show them all, and i have. But to this date, the auto download of maps doesnt have any of them, and neither does the ini.

It should however have everything up to adoulin.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-01 16:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
by default apradar does not show maps for any of the skirmish areas, outter rakaznar, inner rakaznar, or any of the delve areas. The ini didnt even contain anything about those areas

You can find maps of all those areas on ffasist and it was even linked to there from apradar for a while before the site went down.

yes you can get apradar to show them all, and i have. But to this date, the auto download of maps doesnt have any of them, and neither does the ini.

It should however have everything up to adoulin.

The ini I Dloaded 3 weeks ago had Adoulin maps ID's and it worked fine for me ~
 Valefor.Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2014-10-01 20:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Maps are here, it a Zip file, DL if you want, VIRUS SCAN IT OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!! and other usual checks if you even consider it!

I do not normally upload ***for others to get, nor do I check it to make sure it's safe, download at your own risk.
Thanks I'll look into this.

I did find links on FFXI assist, but I couldn't get it to work -.-;; which is why I decided to go back to apradar >_>;;
I'll try harder and see if I can do it though.
By geekgirl101 2014-10-07 09:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower has its own minimap called FFXIDB. It uses the ingame maps and mobs on widescan even if you haven't already purchased the maps. It doesn't display monster names nor does it have any of the pro features Apradar has like monster filtering, spawn alerts etc.

Apradar site is currently down and the current version is semi-broken and doesn't work too well. It's using the old FFXI colour scheme so names either don't appear or appear in the wrong colour, and this messes up the spawn filter if you're a pro user. It's also using old custom created maps that some other guy wrote years ago.