Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 16:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
You don't negotiate with extremists. You fend ally with them, give them weapons, demean them when they get powerful, conveniently forget that you gave them weapons, blame Bush when it's politically convenient, and then kill them off if they pose a real threat.

ftfy.
lol
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 16:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that's taking a leaf from Obama's playbook.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 16:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually the whole Clinton-Bush-Obama playbook. I think it goes back a little further, not sure offhand. I would exclude Bush Sr. from it though.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 16:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
But i am curious. If force is no good to you for stopping them, then what is? Whats your idea to stop a radical group like ISIS that seems bent on atking and killing mass amounts of ppl? - Negotiate? Talk to them? Appeal to there humanity?... ill buy u the plane ticket over there' Or we can always fall back to prayer. That will surely help change them.
You don't negotiate with extremists. You fend them off if they pose a real threat.

But to answer you question a little bit, you have to stop terrorism at its source. The be bluntly, the source is the continued support of Saudi Arabia and Israel. In other words, you have to reduce the economy of Saudi Arabia dependence on oil and the dollar.

Oil sales account for 90% of the export sales. Their society is so dependent on the price of oil hovering around $100 a barrel right now, that any threat to that price causes them to do whatever it takes to bring it back. It's a vicious cycle that begin with the introduction of the petrodollar. Once they get accustomed to a certain price range, it never goes down.

The society there still has slavery, as well as Jordan. It's a terrible place that creates the funding and political atmosphere that creates these terrorists groups to begin with. I can't think of any terrorist group offhand that hasn't used Saudi Arabia as a starting point financially.

Essentially that's the economic side of it. Cut ties with Saudi Arabia politically. No sanctions as they always cause more harm than any good. But do stop the dependence on oil sales in US Dollars.

Stop giving foreign aid to countries in general, but mainly Israel and Egypt to an extent. Jordan as well. African countries are fine for now, but only when they need it, not as an expected source of income.

That's just the beginning. After that the U.S. is going to be very low key in the middle east for awhile. I would say at least 20 years. The trust of the U.S. has been shattered so much, that the only people that 'trust' the U.S. are people who getting a huge gain from any military or financial assistance. The population itself is very diverse, they want freedom and democracy to an extent (actually they just want to live in peace and calm), but anyone with wealth who runs for any type of offices knows how to play the U.S. government and therefore never really tries to bring about any meaningful change socially. It's all about who can have the most power and any disruption to that can and will start a conflict and acts of terrorism.

You're going to have to let them sort it out once you tackle the Saudi Arabia/Jordan/Israel/Egypt problem.

Take a look at oil prices here:

2009 was the worst year for terrorism around the world. Especially in Iraq, and here in the U.S.

Domestic-Terrorism Incidents Hit a Peak in 2009
List of terrorist incidents, 2009 - Compare to 2008 and 2010.

If anyone has any rational input on this, feel free to let me know if I'm forgetting anything or missed something.
That is the main focus, but I also forgot the mention, as well as bump it for the new page, the whole IMF structure as well. But one step at a time.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 16:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I went 3rd party, lol. I was unimpressed with Kerry from the beginning. The lawyer part stuck out, but wow, as Secretary of State, he makes Clinton look good.

Bush family... Mittens (and the other collective Ricks) ... Rand Paul... makes me wonder why that party hasnt been laughed out of the country yet
ftfy
fixed it back because it was true the first time.
fixed it properly because it was more appropriate
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 16:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm filled with blind hatred of anyone who disagrees with me that I would say pretty much anything against them without realizing what I'm saying.
I think we all get that by now Jet.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 17:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Resorting to personal attacks when you know you've lost, classic.

More accusing of an "us vs them" attitude when you're the one who presents it the most, also classic.

Also being ignorant while calling others ignorant, more classic.

That's 3 classics, you've hit the classic jackpot, you've won a prize:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 17:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

More accusing of an "us vs them" attitude when you're the one who presents it the most, also classic.

Not knowing the hypocrisy of your post.....ironic, isn't it?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 17:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not knowing the hypocrisy of your post.....ironic, isn't it?
Another expected insult, more classic.

double prizes:

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-29 17:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like somebody got banned from another middle school for staring at the female students again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2014-09-29 17:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew this would fit in here somewhere.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 17:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm, you fixed it.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-29 18:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said: »
I knew this would fit in here somewhere.

jumping from such a low point to an impossible to reach height would get tiring after a while...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-29 22:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually the whole Clinton-Bush-Obama playbook. I think it goes back a little further, not sure offhand. I would exclude Bush Sr. from it though.
It goes back to Saint Ronald the President. At least.

As Bush I was CIA, I would exclude him from nothing.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-29 22:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Ronald, the legacy he left.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2014-09-29 22:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
America has a slew of its own problems. That doesn't excuse Russia, though.
How can the U.S. be judge, jury, and executioner of the world if it can't even manage its own problems?
You don't understand.

Being the police of the world, as well as judge, jury, and executioner distracts our citizens from our problems.

"Ferguson? OH LOOK! ISIS!!!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-29 22:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
America has a slew of its own problems. That doesn't excuse Russia, though.
How can the U.S. be judge, jury, and executioner of the world if it can't even manage its own problems?
You don't understand.

Being the police of the world, as well as judge, jury, and executioner distracts out citizens from our problems.

"Ferguson? OH LOOK! ISIS!!!"

I agree that we should be more focused on our own problems, but ISIS on a good day makes anything going on in Ferguson look tame.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-09-29 23:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-29 23:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone watch The Daily Show tonight?

Trying to find the proof that Assad 'created' ISIS. This seems to be misinformation on the part of newly elected President of the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces, who was elected in Turkey, Hadi al-Bahra (the guest).

Only thing I can find is that Turkey has been arming ISIS and that's why they backed out of any coalition.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-30 13:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Khorasan - pretty funny TYT take on it.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 13:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would take Reagan over Obama anyday.

Hell, can't we trade today? Even dead Reagan is still a better president than Obama.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 14:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 3rd party, lol. I was unimpressed with Kerry from the beginning. The lawyer part stuck out, but wow, as Secretary of State, he makes Clinton look good.

Kerry.. cliton'.. obama.. makes me wonder why that party hasnt been laughed out of the country yet

Because the alternative is just as laughable, but more exclusionary.

Really the only difference is that if you can't afford to be Republican, Democrats will pick up your tab if you give them the power.

Democrats give you a pittance for giving them power.
Republicans will share the power if you pay them for it.

Both disgust me endlessly on a daily basis any more.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 14:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would take Reagan over Obama anyday.

Hell, can't we trade today? Even dead Reagan is still a better president than Obama.

At work, but cue the Louis Black "Dead Reagan; his time has come again" bit.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-30 14:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to go all out. Get those civilians!

White House exempts Syria airstrikes from tight standards on civilian deaths
Quote:
The White House has acknowledged for the first time that strict standards President Obama imposed last year to prevent civilian deaths from U.S. drone strikes will not apply to U.S. military operations in Syria and Iraq.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 14:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to go all out. Get those civilians!

White House exempts Syria airstrikes from tight standards on civilian deaths
Quote:
The White House has acknowledged for the first time that strict standards President Obama imposed last year to prevent civilian deaths from U.S. drone strikes will not apply to U.S. military operations in Syria and Iraq.

Waiting for all the right wingers who said we should just "kill all of them" to backpedal now that they got what they want, but Obama gave it to them.

Meanwhile, bad days for anyone just trying to, you know, live over there. ISIS invaded your home and forced you at gunpoint to convert? Shitty.

Good news! We'll liberate you with...uh...bombs.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 14:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Waiting for all the right wingers who said we should just "kill all of them" to backpedal now that they got what they want, but Obama gave it to them.
Last I checked, Vic was the only one who said "Kill them all" with a couple of our liberal supporters agreeing with him.

He is hardly a poster child of "right winger"
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 14:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I checked, Vic was the only one who said "Kill them all" with a couple of our liberal supporters agreeing with him.

Beyond the forum.

Tell me you haven't heard some redneck yahoo say this crap on at least a dozen different occasions.

Edit: for the record, I generally assume rednecks to be conservatives. "White trash" can go either way, though there's admittedly some overlap between the two groups.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-30 14:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Beyond the forum.

Tell me you haven't heard some redneck yahoo say this crap on at least a dozen different occasions.
I don't listen to redneck yahoos.

Besides, most of those idiots are hypocrites anyway. "Hardcore Republicans" except when they cash their welfare checks.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-09-30 14:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2014-09-30 14:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Beyond the forum.

I don't listen to redneck yahoos.

Besides, most of those idiots are hypocrites anyway. "Hardcore Republicans" except when they cash their welfare checks.

Hah! See my edit. ^^

Most people I'd classify as rednecks have jobs. Not always jobs requiring a lot of intelligence, but, you know. The kind of "simple, honest folk" who will tell you straight-up how open-minded they are, but negroes just need to know their place.

Just enough intelligence to live in Pennsylvania and fly a Rebel flag from their rusted out truck.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14