Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 07:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
But if we had a real leader, this ***would have been taken care of already....

Right, because the last "leader" took care of the problem so swiftly... This stuff has been going on for 1500 years and no single leader has made more than a dent. It's obvious you want to make this topic about US politics instead of taking about the actual topic. If you have nothing of worth to say, don't post.
So, you are saying that ISIS existed while Bush was president, right?

Better yet, look who funded ISIS and then you would see the ***in front of your face....

There was an Islamic geopolitical movement going on almost nonstop since the breakup of Rome. ISIS is just the most recent one. You're trying to say that because ISIS didn't exist, there was no militant muslim groups doing basically the same thing, which is completely false. We've funded radical groups in the middle east for decades whenever it suited our interest, our western and eastern counterparts have done the same. This isn't a new struggle, just a new name.
Again, you fail to realize the reality of the situation.

It's one thing if a terrorist group is localized to a small area with no outside help. It is another thing when it was funded by the US, and then use those funds and weapons to turn against the US.

The struggle doesn't matter, the funding does.

But I'm sure that you would be more than willing to support them in the first place. I mean, if your fearless leader (who you keep denying that you voted for in the first place) supports them, then why shouldn't you.

And guess what's happening now. Obama wants to train another terrorist cell to fight the current one. What's going to happen when this terrorist cell turns against the US like the last one did?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-23 07:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're saying its bad when Obama does it, buts it ok when Reagan did it?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 07:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Nope, it was bad when Reagan did it also.

But let me guess: putting words in my mouth is the only thing you can do now, isn't it?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-23 07:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope was just asking for clarity since you are solely focused on the present in an argument with someone who stated that we have founded these groups in the past.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 07:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

But let me guess: putting words in my mouth is the only thing you can do now, isn't it?
Then stop calling out specific presidents as being bad based on political party or other divisive. At the end of the day, it has zero relevance which president does what stupid action, except for historical reference and arbitrary point scoring.

The US has had a history of training/funding/supplying groups who are willing to perform violence in accordance with US goals, particularily in this region.
That isn't to say other countries don't do the same.

But this needs to stop, regardless of which political party is in power.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-23 07:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Looks like Putin's opinion was completely ignored.
If you honestly think the U.S. can do whatever it wants without informing other parties you're sorely mistaken.

Interesting that all the sources you picked not one mentioned how the U.S. informed the Syrian government.

Quote:
SYRIAN GOVERNMENT INFORMED

The Syrian government said Washington had informed it hours before the strikes. Secretary of State John Kerry had sent a letter to Damascus through his Iraqi counterpart, it said.

A ministry statement read on state television said Syria would continue to attack Islamic State. It was ready to cooperate with any international effort to fight terrorism and was coordinating with the government of Iraq.
Source

Even the Huffington Post was aware: U.S. Informed Syria Of Impending Airstrikes Against Islamic State Militants

But at least the The Daily Beast pointed out this:
Quote:
The U.S. also launched on its own eight air strikes west of Allepo targeting the "Khorosan Group," a network of “seasoned Al Qaeda veterans” that was planning “imminent attack against the United States and western interests,” according to a Pentagon statement.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-23 07:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently you're not allowed to point out the mistakes of the current president if they're... a democrat not a republican?

We could sit here and go through the mistakes of all the presidents for the past 100 years, but guess what, Obama is the current president. He's the one leading the U.S. to another disaster, but don't you dare blame him for just following in the footsteps of previous presidents.

Hope and change, yo.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-23 08:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The idea of 'rights' are imagery. The word you're looking for is America's 'interests.'
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 08:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope was just asking for clarity since you are solely focused on the present in an argument with someone who stated that we have founded these groups in the past.
Except we knew it was bad before, and yet, we are doing it again.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter what the struggle is, it is how we handle it that matters.

If you do not like a person who is out to kill you, you don't hand them an axe and bend down next to him with your neck exposed.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-09-23 08:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 08:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Then stop calling out specific presidents as being bad based on political party or other divisive. At the end of the day, it has zero relevance which president does what stupid action, except for historical reference and arbitrary point scoring.

The US has had a history of training/funding/supplying groups who are willing to perform violence in accordance with US goals, particularly in this region.

Why do you not only demean me, but also prove my point in the same post?

It doesn't matter who's doing it, it is wrong to continue to do it.

It has nothing to do with the person in power and what letter is next to their name, it has everything to do with their actions.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 09:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »

If I go around and shout "I'm a Christian, I'm a Christian" that does not make me a Christian and vice versa.
Um, yes it does.

It means you self identify as a Christian.

Whether other Christians agree, well that is their opinion. This is where we get sub-categories of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and every other religion that has ever existed.

Different interpretations.
e.g. Protestants vs. Catholics and the wars/violence that divide created.

A better word for it would be choosing your own belief, rather than identifying who you are.

A person should be judged by his/her action, not by what religion/belief they follow.

Edit: To take the life and slaughter innocent people is just wrong. Whether your a Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, or Atheist. It's just wrong.

Again with the no true Scotsman crap, and yes it's wrong, but it is what the Islam, Christianity, and Jewish god tells them to do.

You can cry your apologists cries all you want but we're not buying it.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 09:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

Oh yea that one I didn't think would last as long as it did. However, a post that had nothing wrong with it was deleted and so was candlejacks.. I think it was candlejack... but they was both just calling Jet a troll like always and BAM deleted..

Someones got a mod in their pocket.... Not surprising though considering this forum.
Yeah, no.

Mods have called Jet out before in threads for reporting things they feel didn't need to be reported.
I don't recall ever being "called out" but there have been many posts that the mods should have deleted that they don't, based on the same standards they have deleted others, not to mention the rules. But since they are human, ***happens and I try to let it slide.

But let's continue on with this Islamic state crap.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-23 09:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Except we knew it was bad before, and yet, we are doing it again.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter what the struggle is, it is how we handle it that matters.

If you do not like a person who is out to kill you, you don't hand them an axe and bend down next to him with your neck exposed.

When was the proverbial axe handed out? When did we give them anything capable of matching our modern day war machine?

Seems like you are drinking from the Kool-Aid cup of fear.

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Apparently you're not allowed to point out the mistakes of the current president if they're... a democrat not a republican?

We could sit here and go through the mistakes of all the presidents for the past 100 years, but guess what, Obama is the current president. He's the one leading the U.S. to another disaster, but don't you dare blame him for just following in the footsteps of previous presidents.

Hope and change, yo.

No-one said don't criticize him for mistakes. However, consider that when people are talking about historical contexts and to counter with a one dimensional focus on the current president, while having demonstrated political bias time and time again; clarity on perception and understanding is demanded.

But then again you're the guy that says don't bad mouth Putin cause Russia was signing your checks.. so go fig.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-23 09:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

If I go around and shout "I'm a Christian, I'm a Christian" that does not make me a Christian and vice versa.
Um, yes it does.

It means you self identify as a Christian.

Whether other Christians agree, well that is their opinion. This is where we get sub-categories of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and every other religion that has ever existed.

Different interpretations.
e.g. Protestants vs. Catholics and the wars/violence that divide created.

A better word for it would be choosing your own belief, rather than identifying who you are.

A person should be judged by his/her action, not by what religion/belief they follow.

Edit: To take the life and slaughter innocent people is just wrong. Whether your a Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, or Atheist. It's just wrong.

Again with the no true Scotsman crap, and yes it's wrong, but it is what the Islam, Christianity, and Jewish god tells them to do.

You can cry your apologists cries all you want but we're not buying it.

As far as I know, the so called Muslim god you seem to hate does not say one bit of slaughtering innocent.

Please if you you are right then go ahead and quote something from out of context or post a whoosh gif. I'll be waiting.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 09:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

When was the proverbial axe handed out? When did we give them anything capable of matching our modern day war machine?
Why give them weapons to mass murder other people? Or are you saying that as long as you aren't affected, it's ok to have mass genocide of other cultures?

No-one said don't criticize him for mistakes. However, consider that when people are talking about historical contexts and to counter with a one dimensional focus on the current president, while having demonstrated political bias time and time again; clarity on perception and understanding is demanded.
How can you change the past then? Why are you so focused on what other presidents do (and only those who have a (R) next to their name while we are at it) instead of what our current POS president is doing?

It doesn't matter who started it, it matters that it continues.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 10:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The US has had a history of training/funding/supplying groups who are willing to perform violence in accordance with US goals, particularly in this region.

Why do you not only demean me, but also prove my point in the same post?

It doesn't matter who's doing it, it is wrong to continue to do it.

It has nothing to do with the person in power and what letter is next to their name, it has everything to do with their actions.
It is not intended to be demeaning.

It is intended to point out that instead of referring to general US policy (which is controversial), you instead chose to focus on the current administration (which is both polarizing and controversial). Which pretty much opens a portal to the underworld for people to start spouting off on the next idiotic D vs R rant, when it really doesn't make much of a difference.

At the end of the day, it doesn't end up mattering if it was generated by congress, or the presidential office, or the CIA/NSA. It is the US, as an entity, which is performing the said actions.

There are real, intrinsic problems to these policies that need to he addressed.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 10:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, I don't care what political affiliation the current president and his administration is, if he has supplied a terrorist organization with weapons to kill people (including us) with, that president is acting not in the best interests of the people and should be removed.

If you concentrate on the past, you will get nowhere because you can't change the past.

But you can change the present.

Your argument is the same as those who state that if you don't agree with Obama, it must be because they are racist! Seriously, get the *** over yourself....
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 10:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, I don't care what political affiliation the current president and his administration is, if he has supplied a terrorist organization with weapons to kill people (including us) with, that president is acting not in the best interests of the people and should be removed.

If you concentrate on the past, you will get nowhere because you can't change the past.

Your argument is the same as those who state that if you don't agree with Obama, it must be because they are racist! Seriously, get the *** over yourself....
No, the argument is that by specifically calling a single controverial president, rather than the controversial policy held by many over time, you'll derail from the important topic into bickering such as this.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2014-09-23 10:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

so dysfunctional behaviour by one president has to be attacked but the ones that behaved this way as well are free to go?

What do you learn by just concentrating on the present?
For problem fixing it is a very good thing, but coming up with ideas has usually to do with analysing situations and actions done in the past. I do agree that funding a terror-cell is stupid, the problem comes in the details where we don't even the *** what exactly is going on in that country 24/7. What access to a country can someone provide that doesn't even live there?

As for now the Us stands pretty solid, even when they fund terror-cells. There are no daily suicide bombings in the US and slaughtering of opposing parties.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 10:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I know, the so called Muslim god you seem to hate does not say one bit of slaughtering innocent.

Please if you you are right then go ahead and quote something from out of context or post a whoosh gif. I'll be waiting.

It doesn't matter what evidence I post you'll twist it with your apologist excuses and parade around victorious, it's silly. Your concept of "innocent" and mine must vary greatly as well.

Also "out of context" my ***.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-23 10:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter what evidence I post you'll twist it with your apologist excuses and parade around victorious, it's silly. Your concept of "innocent" and mine must vary greatly as well.

You still fail to bring forth evidence.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-23 10:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even read Jet's post anymore unless its to read someone respond to his quoted drivel.

edit: When challenged Jet will not provide a source. He doesn't back up anything he says. We've come to the conclusion he's either a troll or suffering from some mental ailment.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 10:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-23 10:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I don't like reality so I pretend it doesn't exist

ftfy
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-23 10:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This was extensively covered here.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-23 10:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What??

Everything the President and various alphabet agencies do is documented (interpreted) for legal purposes through the justice department. Some of them are available for common viewing, some are only available for Congress and are classified (for whatever reasons).

Which means legal presedence.

Some legal articles on justification/consequences of military aid:
http://jnslp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Legitimacy-versus-Legality-Redux.pdf
http://jnslp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Covert-War-and-the-Constitution.pdf
Journal on national law and policy

In order to change the present you have to over come past "legally" justified actions.

Not to mention the DoD training "freedom fighters" at various places in the US. E.g.School of the americas
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-09-23 10:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the argument is that by specifically calling a single controverial president, rather than the controversial policy held by many over time, you'll derail from the important topic into bickering such as this.
Wait, you are arguing that it is ok for a president to supply arms to terrorists because he is the current president, and that we are only allowed to *** about it after he is out of office?

It does not matter who the president is, it matters what he is doing TODAY.

Why is that so hard for you to understand? Or do you have your head so far up the current administrations *** that you can't tell what's ***from ***?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-09-23 10:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Looks like Putin's opinion was completely ignored.
If you honestly think the U.S. can do whatever it wants without informing other parties you're sorely mistaken.

That has nothing to do with the current situation and its not what Putin said. We won't be asking for Assad's consent to do anything.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14