users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Payment Error: 401
Payment Error: 401
 Phoenix.Kaoriasada
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kaoriasada 2014-09-21 21:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For the last hour or so, I've been trying to pay for my alt. When I logged on the account management website and put in my credit card details, I got error 401. I've double checked to make sure the information was correct and I've made sure the charge didn't go through to my credit card. This credit card works for my account for one account, but not my alt. Is there any way to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated, I'm at a loss.
 Phoenix.Kaoriasada
By Phoenix.Kaoriasada 2014-09-21 21:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I also had a friend try to credit card information and he got error 601, which I imagine is because he's in a different location. I can't purchase crysta, same error, and I'm living from the USA, so no problem with location.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-09-21 21:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been having this error for a couple months -_-. Can't use my cc to set up automatic billing.

I've just been buying crysta through paypal. Kinda lame but at least it works :/
 Phoenix.Kaoriasada
By Phoenix.Kaoriasada 2014-09-21 21:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
I've been having this error for a couple months -_-. Can't use my cc to set up automatic billing.

I've just been buying crysta through paypal. Kinda lame but at least it works :/

I was gonna call Square Enix about it tomorrow and ask them to add the payment manually.. A friend who had problems with account payment got them to add it manually and it was fine. How do you buy Crysta with paypal? I only see the options for credit cards and ultimate pay when I click the tab.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kaoriasada
By Phoenix.Kaoriasada 2014-09-21 21:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Angierus said: »
I've got this issue myself, called SE they said it was my banks fault, bank said it was SE's fault.

My card is currently deactivate because getting replaced with a whole new number and hopefully this will fix it, prior to having my card deactivated I couldn't pay for XIV either because of 401 and the only thing that changed was my ISP within the last month before this started to happen.

Phoenix.Kaoriasada said: »
How do you buy Crysta with paypal? I only see the options for credit cards and ultimate pay when I click the tab.

Select Ultimate pay, and it will give you the option to pay with paypal.

I've paid for this account since 2004, my IP address has never changed. It turned off for a little and I'm turning it back on (or attempting to...) and it doesn't work. And thank you for the information about Paypal.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-09-22 16:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

\o\ New card came in, attempted to update payment info and no go still 401, why is it so hard to give this company $47.80. I can't even pay for XIV anymore because of this ***.

Can't purchase crysta anymore either /: and they still blame it on the bank and the bank blames it on them obv one of the lesser two evils isn't willing to admit they've dun goofed.

I can totally understand you, i have had your problems for quite some time. Its incredible how SE refuses to accept cash!

As mentioned above, only way to fix that error is through crysta. I have my main with cycling bills in credit card, and he never had any issue, but mules are troublesome.

Seaching through google, you will see this problem is more common than it seems, but not any real solution.

Is your problem related to payment for mules, or you have that just for one account?
By volkom 2014-09-22 16:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

your money isn't good enough for SE.

if you have to. you can do a 3way conference call with your bank and SE customer service on the phone and see if it can be resolved that way.
By KiKashiiSenpai 2014-09-22 16:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to add that if you keep putting in your credit card info and submitting it over and over, your bank will put a hold on the card thinking it was stolen. This has happen to me before. Also this has happened to me, my account will get shut off because of not enough money on the card, and when putting more money on the card it takes a few days for the money to transfer, especially if you try it on the weekends you wont see anything done until like Monday or Tuesday. Hope your problem gets resolved.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-09-22 17:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Is your problem related to payment for mules, or you have that just for one account?

All services, main, 2 mule and XIV cannot be paid with either debit card or crysta, they won't accept the paypal I have setup >.> going to try a prepaid card I guess.. So damn annoyed with this company.

Currently i noticed that my card refuses to make more than one payment, and thats paying directly to SE or paying to multiples options of crysta. works, though, when I grab my mother credit card, and I can purchase a couple of crystas, but next, the card is refused also, requiring a third card.

Maybe its something related to number of times a transaction process. Guess its something related to security, so both site and bank refuses paying.

What I will try next is varying the payments of chars. Having all chars payment happening in same day isnt a good idea.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-09-22 17:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you allowing gcsip.com through NoScript or whatever? If that's blocked, your payment option won't go through and you'll get the 401 error. I've had it happen a couple times, and couldn't figure out why the card wouldn't go through when I could use it for everything else.
By Narb 2014-09-22 19:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Akkarinn said: »
I've got this issue myself, called SE they said it was my banks fault, bank said it was SE's fault.

My card is currently deactivate because getting replaced with a whole new number and hopefully this will fix it, prior to having my card deactivated I couldn't pay for XIV either because of 401 and the only thing that changed was my ISP within the last month before this started to happen.

How do you buy Crysta with paypal? I only see the options for credit cards and ultimate pay when I click the tab.

I've paid for this account since 2004, my IP address has never changed. It turned off for a little and I'm turning it back on (or attempting to...) and it doesn't work. And thank you for the information about Paypal.

*snip*
Please refrain from speaking about my country in a negative light.
By Pantafernando 2014-09-22 19:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Narb said: »

*snip*

America is a continent name though.
By Narb 2014-09-22 19:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Narb said: »

*snip*

America is a continent name though.
por favor
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2014-09-22 19:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I dedicate this post to Narb.
[+]