Forum » FFXI » General » relic question
relic question
 Sylph.Illidarius
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: lazarius
By Sylph.Illidarius 2014-09-20 09:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there, i could not find my answer so im asking here.

Lets say i have a ragnarok stage 3 in progress, is there a way to start a new relic (lets say i want to start aegis) because everytime i talk to the gob he say blabla bring me dynamis blade and attestation of rightousness. If i bring him a shield will he start it, or i need to finish my ragnarok first?
By Pantafernando 2014-09-20 09:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffxi wikia quote:

. Your Relic Weapon and materials cannot be returned once traded. Furthermore, no other upgrades can be performed until the Ancient Currency commission has been traded to Switchstix.
By Pantafernando 2014-09-20 09:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add, you dont need to finish the relic to start another, just the current stage (if you had stared it).
 Sylph.Illidarius
By Sylph.Illidarius 2014-09-20 09:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

and how are you supose to end the current stage whitout starting the new one? you trade he take the blade, you talk to him he give you the new one back.... this starting the other stage?
By Pantafernando 2014-09-20 10:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Illidarius said: »
and how are you supose to end the current stage whitout starting the new one? you trade he take the blade, you talk to him he give you the new one back.... this starting the other stage?

For example, i started dagger, and traded the materials and currency to get stage 2. Next day i got back my dagger, and traded a horn with mats and currency, and next day, the horn stage 2 was complete.

For your problem, aparently, the gob doesnt have a weapon. So, i supose the weapon stage 3 is with you right? If thats the case, you can just trade the shield and mats/currency, and he will make the shield stage 2. But if your sword stage 3 is with the gob, there is no solution other than giving him the attestation and the 60 currency to complete.

The hint is to never give anything to gob if you cant finish it right away.
 Sylph.Illidarius
By Sylph.Illidarius 2014-09-20 10:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

no i still have the sword on me, he gave it back to me this morning i was just freaking out because he was talking about the attestation (even if i didnt trade him the sword) well that answer my thing thanks :)