Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » experience points
experience points
By cureurface 2014-09-19 22:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is abyssea still the best way to get a job from 30-99 in the shortest amount of time? I'm curious as to how much exp a low level job would get when I kill a High level mob in Outer Ra'Kaznar
Input much appreciated.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-19 23:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Define low level job. the mobs in Outer Rak are 115+ i think, so even at 99, not really a joke to mess with.

30-99 with capped merits, Abyssea is the best once lights are capped and ppl actively pulling/killing. 500k exp/hr is hard to beat. only really need 4 ppl at raptors to get that once lights capped. 2 pullers, 2 AoE nukers/cleevers
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-19 23:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides the penalty for adding a second party member, the level difference penalty is just the ratio of lower level to your level(i.e whatever level your character is divided by 99).

I've used Marjami/Kahmir to get my mule's last two jobs from ~25 to 99, and DNC subjob from ~15 to 49. One 99 was during the double EXP campaign and one without. It's really not a glorious method either way and I've solo boxed/setup small Abyssea PTs with friends who want to cleave up their mules also and it's definitely still a superior option. The only reason I have opt'd for Adoulin EXP is because between when I can actually get on, real life interruptions, and linkshell events, I can't necessarily guarantee I'll be able to say for a full 30-99 session, and the idea of rebuilding lights and slower EXP gain on a lower level character gives me a headache. With Adoulin I can come and go as I please and not be penalized. I think without campaign it took me somewhere between 10-15hours and significantly less during the campaign(used Duodecinnial Ring/Rotated Emperor Band) over the course of 2-3 days for both. Abyssea I've 30-99 in 2 hours on Raptors pairing Miserauex and Gain EXP RoE, though when low manning it usually takes me about 4-5 between AFKs and such.