Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 16:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Kill them. Death Penalty. Broadcast it right back @ ISIS and say "this is what we will do to anyone who tries to commit acts of terror".

I'm sick of these *** IDIOTS thinking they're acts are Islamic.

Just *** kill them all.
They are very Islamic.
No they're not. STFU, when you lump these idiots with the muslim world you give them an example of "everyone in the west wants you dead. fight now, or die. the west crusaders are coming"
Though I don't really agree with you on a lot of things, I have to agree. Lumping all people into one pot isn't very cool, a lot of Islamic people are kind hearted and modest people.

And yes, kill them all if they want to go out and lop some person's head off.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-18 16:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There has been ample and frequent cause given to easily radicalize those living in the middle east against western society, specifically the US.

Not recognizing that as one of the underlying fundamental problems given historical and current policies in the region is delusional.

They are not by any means saints, nor should be treated as such. But to say that there is no basis for grievances is being dishonest and delusional.

How is personally beheading a journalist on video, worse than bombing civillians using drones?
[+]
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 16:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
There has been ample and frequent cause given to easily radicalize those living in the middle east against western society, specifically the US.

Not recognizing that as one of the underlying fundamental problems given historical and current policies in the region is delusional.

They are not by any means saints, nor should be treated as such. But to say that there is no basis for grievances is being dishonest and delusional.

How is personally beheading a journalist on video, worse than bombing civillians using drones?

They're hypocritical as well unfortunately.

They demand us to stop using drones and fight them with our soldiers, but they don't seem to understand they are targeting civilians. If they won't 'fight fair' then the other side won't either. There is no honor in warfare, and no one is innocent in these times.

That and if the US went after ISIS on all cylinders, ISIS would get ***stomped.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-18 16:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
So how long before we're side by side with Al Qaeda fighting the IS?
The U.S. has already been supporting al-Qaeda.

FSA has been fighting along side them as well. They're allies.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2014-09-18 16:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

I find that hard to believe tbh...enemy of my enemy is my friend yes, but do you seriously think the US population would support the Obama administration if they announced our allying with a terror group?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-18 16:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Michiiru said: »

I find that hard to believe tbh...enemy of my enemy is my friend yes, but do you seriously think the US population would support the Obama administration if they announced our allying with a terror group?
The U.S. population barely supports the Obama administration as it is, so they really have nothing to lose. But yes, the U.S. population is dumb enough to buy into the propaganda and overlook the fact that the so called "moderate rebels" are in fact al-Qaeda branches. All they had to do was lump under the name Free Syrian Army, because it sounds catchier, like Freedom Fighters.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-18 16:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They're hypocritical as well unfortunately.

They demand us to stop using drones and fight them with our soldiers, but they don't seem to understand they are targeting civilians. If they won't 'fight fair' then the other side won't either. There is no honor in warfare, and no one is innocent in these times.

That and if the US went after ISIS on all cylinders, ISIS would get ***stomped.
There are still innocents in these times.

Calling out other parties to cease behaviors we find revolting, while ourselves performing similar behaviors which are revolting, certainly cedes any kind of ethical argument or justification on that basis alone.

And yes, the bulk of any fighting force would be eliminated, but without significant reform in how those regions are handled, it is simply putting a lid back on a pressure cooker.

You see the same calls for eradication of the other party from both sides. Hell, look at the discussion on this forum, with people simply stating they should all be killed for wanting to lop someone's head off.

Well ***, if your children were just killed by a US bomb, you are probably going to want to lop some heads off.

We are in this situation for many reasons, a good number of our own making. It doesn't make what needs to be done any different, but there needs to be some introspection and change to prevent it from simply flaring up again down the road.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2014-09-18 17:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
ISIS was armed and trained by the US as a counter-Assad force. They were supplied so many American toys, they decided to turn their guns on the American Backed Iraqi tyranical government and kill everyone who stands in their way.
I don't know, Al Qaeda got stuff from 'the good guys' too but they never seemed as threatening. Maybe it's just the momentum.
Momentum.

I remember the bombing we had in France back in the 90's, I don't remember which group it was, though, but it was probably yet a different group.
They've had people everywhere in the whole World for decades, they just strike when they can/want.
You can easily tell this by the fact that people from all over the World fly there to fight their war.

Personally, I've never been scared of those radicals islamists. They have no reason to attack where I live, to begin with, and if it was to happen it means the rest of the country is gone already.

The truth is, most people have nothing to fear. I mean, the worst things that happened to the West were all made from their own governments, see 9/11. I don't fear those people thousands kilometers away or their few guys here, I fear my own government, because they're slowly killing us and would be more than happy killing us if it means serving their agenda, see example above.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 17:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Well ***, if your children were just killed by a US bomb, you are probably going to want to lop some heads off.

This is also a good reason for the rape and other subhuman treatment of women and the convert-or-die mindset, right?

Bottom line to me is that if you treat women like ***just because you've got a ***, I don't really care if you die already. You're genetic garbage this world needs to scrub clean.

Add in the rest of their misdeeds and frankly I'd love to see the entire lot of them sent to the deity they think they meet when they die.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-18 18:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

This is also a good reason for the rape and other subhuman treatment of women and the convert-or-die mindset, right?

Bottom line to me is that if you treat women like ***just because you've got a ***, I don't really care if you die already. You're genetic garbage this world needs to scrub clean.

Add in the rest of their misdeeds and frankly I'd love to see the entire lot of them sent to the deity they think they meet when they die.
Start at home dude, 1 in 6 women in the US will experience some form of sexual assault in their life time (you beat afghanistan)

and on violence, 59.1% of women in the US experience physical violence during their life time.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 18:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Start at home dude, 1 in 6 women in the US will experience some form of sexual assault in their life time (you beat afghanistan)

and on violence, 59.1% of women in the US experience physical violence during their life time.

Would love to.

Happens worldwide.

Though your smug "start at home dude" is grossly inappropriate when the religion you're constantly defending advocates women as being below men.

And don't even begin to pretend statistics are even accurately reported in the US, let alone in countries where violence against and mistreatment of women is part of tradition and religion.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-18 18:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Isis is bad but I fear only air strike won't fix anything :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-18 18:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Would love to.

Happens worldwide.

Though your smug "start at home dude" is grossly inappropriate when the religion you're constantly defending advocates women as being below men.

And don't even begin to pretend statistics are even accurately reported in the US, let alone in countries where violence against and mistreatment of women is part of tradition and religion.
Say what you will about Islam and women's rights, the west didn't grant women recognition till the 19th century. Don't get me started on slavery. First thing Islam did 1,400 years ago to forbid mistreatment of women.

Islam doesn't blame Eve by the way...Christianity does however.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 18:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Would love to.

Happens worldwide.

Say what you will about Islam and women's rights, the west didn't grant women recognition till the 19th century. Don't get me started on slavery. First thing Islam did 1,400 years ago to forbid mistreatment of women.

Don't assume I believe the garbage Christianity spews either.

Saying "their religion does it too" isn't a valid defense.

Any "religion" that treats women as anything equals isn't a religion. It's a control scheme. For that matter both religions also condone slavery.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-18 19:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What Ramyrez said. I've seen some of the reports on the percentage of women who have been "sexually assaulted" in the U.S. Here are some criteria from one study: “being pressured in ways that included being worn down by someone who repeatedly asks for sex or showed they were unhappy; feeling pressured by being lied to, being told promises that were untrue, having someone threaten to end a relationship or spread rumors; and sexual pressure due to someone using their influence or authority.”

I really doubt those are the same criteria used in places like Afghanistan.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-18 19:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

At least the U.S. is doing better than Ethiopia.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 19:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

At least the U.S. is doing better than Ethiopia.

See above.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-18 19:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not all Christian sects do. I know of at least one that holds her in very high regard for what she did.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-18 19:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm reading the actual report laid about by World Health Organization. Seems like pretty solid research.

Violence is violence.

Check it out for yourselves (They're all in PDFs, scroll down to notes):

http://www.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/ending-violence-against-women/facts-and-figures
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-18 19:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not debating even in the slightest that it happens here.

I just think it's safe to say it gets under reported everywhere, let alone in countries where it's a matter of course.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-09-18 19:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not debating even in the slightest that it happens here.

I just think it's safe to say it gets under reported everywhere, let alone in countries where it's a matter of course.

You mean people are less likely to report violence when they think there's a good chance they'll get punished for it? Nowai.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 20:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No they're not. STFU, when you lump these idiots with the muslim world you give them an example of "everyone in the west wants you dead. fight now, or die. the west crusaders are coming"
Though I don't really agree with you on a lot of things, I have to agree. Lumping all people into one pot isn't very cool, a lot of Islamic people are kind hearted and modest people.

And yes, kill them all if they want to go out and lop some person's head off.[/quote]
Yes they are, and I didn't lump anything, I was talking about the religion itself.

Not entirely, while our presence there is evident, it is necessary.

As to the bold: if the civilians weren't harboring and breeding terrorists then they wouldn't be targeted, so yes killing journalists is worse.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-09-18 21:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The drones argument loses any moral high ground the moment ISIS decided to start killing their fellow Muslims in order to accomplish their aims. Killed so many of their own Muslims they have even Al Qaeda is like go home ISIS, you are drunk and disavowed them.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-18 21:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, we have an obvious presence there. Why is it necessary again?
As to the bold: if the civilians weren't harboring and breeding terrorists then they wouldn't be targeted, so yes killing journalists is worse.

Regarding harboring: living in the same city/town/street/building is considering as harboring? That is somewhat dubious. That is assuming that information on targets is accurate/reliable, which it rarely is. And that doesn't even cover mistargeting.

Regarding breeding: Seriously, WTF? It isn't a kennel club.
That's some Nausi dinosaur truck grenadier-grade stupid.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 21:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding harboring: living in the same city/town/street/building is considering as harboring? That is somewhat dubious. That is assuming that information on targets is accurate/reliable, which it rarely is. And that doesn't even cover mistargeting.

I guess if you don't understand why it's necessary then this conversation is moot.

Not at all, their society creates them and harbors them, they're just as guilty.

Casualties happen in war, you're not going to see me cry over it.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-18 22:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess if you don't understand why it's necessary then this conversation is moot.

Not at all, their society creates them and harbors them, they're just as guilty.

Casualties happen in war, you're not going to see me cry over it.
So if we kill civillians, meh.
If they kill civillians, kill them all?

That doesn't seem just a bit wrong to you? Let alone declaring war on a concept or a group of people? Let alone using military operations for what is essentially a criminal problem?

Yes, there are some significant differences between how the US operates, and how ISIS operates.

I'm not in any way condoning what ISIS has done, or will do. But this mentality of "just kill those evil ***" is pretty ISIS-like. Let alone the simple fact that we (the western world) are at least some part responsible for this group's existence, let alone its popularity and ease of finding recruits.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-18 22:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't aware US did attack Irak because they were arboring terrorist, I thought it was about fake mass murder weapon, if you think removing saddam from Irak didn't help create ISIS you're wrong.

Some are prolly from lybia too wich france attacked and killed ghadafi so we are responsible too.

I believe we'll need more than air strike to fix that ISIS problem :/
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 22:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So if we kill civillians, meh.
If they kill civillians, kill them all?

That doesn't seem just a bit wrong to you? Let alone declaring war on a concept or a group of people? Let alone using military operations for what is essentially a criminal problem?

Yes, there are some significant differences between how the US operates, and how ISIS operates.

I'm not in any way condoning what ISIS has done, or will do. But this mentality of "just kill those evil ***" is pretty ISIS-like. Let alone the simple fact that we (the western world) are at least some part responsible for this group's existence, let alone its popularity and ease of finding recruits.
I don't participate in being a terrorist apologist.

I don't have a problem with declaring war on scum. It doesn't bother me. However I've stated before that I don't think wiping the entire area out is the thing to do (or I'd say we just nuke the place, which to be frank has been a stance by some and even by myself before), but you cannot stop these people unless you crush them, or kill them. They will continue to do what they do until the end of time otherwise.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10