users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Windower download issue
Windower download issue
 Shiva.Vosslerr
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2014-09-16 23:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently having an issue when I go to download Windower 4. It says something like this when I go to install the download: "Installer integrity check has failed." Is the download broken or something?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-17 01:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it produce a crash.log file?

I just tried, it works fine for me. Does it happen during installation or when you try to start Windower? (I.e. during WindowerSetup.exe or Windower.exe?)
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2014-09-17 01:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't produce any crash log and happens during installation when I first click on the download file to install. The message also includes some information saying to contact the files author to obtain a new copy, that the download is either incomplete or broken.
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2014-09-17 01:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 02:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like the file is corrupted, redownload it from the site, just did and it runs fine here. it's also possible that your msi insnstaller files are screwed up, I heard that there was a recent windows update that killed the XI install too, I'll attempt to dig it up hold on.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 02:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy:

Ryara said: »
Resolved Via SE Call help. Had to remove a windows security update thing that was fairly new. KB2918614 Then restart and install the game. Easy peasy

in this thread:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44422/help/

Looks like he had windows 7 64bit
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2014-09-17 22:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, crashed last night. I tried uninstalling that update but still didn't help. :/
By Jetackuu 2014-09-17 23:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Then it sounds like what you downloaded and or your hard disk and or ram is corrupted, as it's not the file. I don't know what the md5 of it is supposed to be, but I'm sure they'd hash it out, Arcon if you see this, can you start to post that on the site when you upload the new version? So people know they're getting a clean file?
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2014-09-18 14:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Its strange... I can download and run the development build but not the regular version. lol
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2014-09-18 14:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok, now I tried installing it in IE and it worked...
By Jetackuu 2014-09-18 14:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

um... you mean downloading it with IE? you're not installing anything to your browser...
 Shiva.Vosslerr
By Shiva.Vosslerr 2014-09-18 16:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I downloaded with IE and it worked.. Sorry should have been more clear. I hadn't had my daily Red Bull yet!! :D
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-09-18 18:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Then it sounds like what you downloaded and or your hard disk and or ram is corrupted, as it's not the file. I don't know what the md5 of it is supposed to be, but I'm sure they'd hash it out, Arcon if you see this, can you start to post that on the site when you upload the new version? So people know they're getting a clean file?

Way to much work for someone as lazy as me. Either you offer to do it for every plugin we push or it's not gonna happen :)

The best way to make sure the file is correct is to download it manually from http://update.windower.net/plugins/<PluginName>.dll and compare that with the file you got through the Windower launcher.