How Would You Balance The Jobs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How would you balance the jobs?
How would you balance the jobs?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-19 07:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
This I will argue against because both jobs are equally attack handicapped and RUN use's a GS with Resolution while PLD is using a 1H sword with CDC, possibly atonement though I think that's still borked. Add damage from 3 runes, swipe / lunge and slightly better DPS / WS along with accuracy should favor RUN. Then again we're debating which handicapped kid can run the fastest.
What about Atonement is borked, exactly?

Anyway. I'd think the acc advantage would go to PLD. RUN does have acc bonus(what tier? Wiki only shows one on the job page, and the tier 2 and 3 notes on the trait page have verification tags..) anyway, I thought it was ACC Bonus III. so +35 acc?

PLD has enlight. My Enlight's initial dmg is 72 dmg. So +72 acc. It does decay per hit, however... If the PLD is /run, you can just put up a rune, and then the enlight dmg doesn't land, thus never degrades. However, you still get the +72 acc.(I've tested that both via parses and checkparam.)

I will however, note that a PLD having a 480 divine skill set is rather... atypical. XD

Now, this wouldn't apply to WS. But for Atonement you don't need acc. And for chant, well, a DEX based WS is pretty accurate even before focusing on acc.

Hmmm, there is swordplay to consider on RUN's side. But the duration/recast aren't so great, and the acc bonus takes time to build. Ehhh. I'm not even going to try to calculate the avg acc gain from that. Shelving that thought. <,<;;
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-19 07:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
PLD has enlight. My Enlight's initial dmg is 72 dmg. So +72 acc. It does decay per hit, however... If the PLD is /run, you can just put up a rune, and then the enlight dmg doesn't land, thus never degrades. However, you still get the +72 acc.(I've tested that both via parses and checkparam.)

Hmm didn't know this worked that way, pretty neat. And I thought Atonement was still resisted like crazy on NMs due to it being calculated as "Breath Damage" or something silly. Did SE change it?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-19 07:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There pretty much hasn't been an Atonement resistant NM since SoA release. <,<

And post WS buff Atonement is looking pretty decent. The DMG doesn't compare to chant, most times. But if you're lacking ACC/ATK really bad it can be an good option.

The new DMG cap is 1190. with max possible ws dmg+ gear you can hit 1332. Add Burtgang and you get 1731 dmg Atonements

Also, they added a neat enmity mechanic to atonement. There's an additional enmity modifier(separate from enmity gear) scaling up with TP.

1.0 at 1000 TP, 1.5 at 2000 TP, and 2.0 at 3000 TP.

So Starting up AM3 with a 3k TP Atonement gets x2 enmity. Which is rather nice.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 08:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Burtgang is pretty nice and all, but it just isn't required/needed. Or so I tell myself to justify getting my Glanzfaust instead of getting my main its best in slot main weapon.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-19 08:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

when i was deciding what mythics to put on which characters, i told myself burtgang was just a precaution for the future(in case something got released that really needed it), but the hate difference is extremely noticable and it makes the healer soooo much more lazy

much better than what i expected from it
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 09:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD puts me to sleep these days. My friends know me as a great PLD, something I started working on many years ago. Today that rep bites me in the *** more than anything else. I wanna pew pew on my RNG and wreck havok with my MNK. PLD is boring =/ (Burtgang would just make the job all that more overpowered in situations where its needed, and as is already extremely overpowered)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-09-19 09:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of paladin, I should really stop being lazy and make myself Ochain/Aegis after I finish Death Penalty. I've literally been working on Ochain for years now, picking up a colorless soul or two here, an iron plate there, an Azdaja horn on occasion...

I want them just for my own sense of accomplishment; when you've already got two Burt/Ochain/Aegis 99s in the shell, and you're married to one of them, and a bunch more solid paladins, I've zero need to actually make them.

And the last thing I want is my wife to view me as competition. :x

She gets uppity enough when I suggest tanking on RUN. ._.;
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 13:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Speaking of paladin, I should really stop being lazy and make myself Ochain/Aegis after I finish Death Penalty. I've literally been working on Ochain for years now, picking up a colorless soul or two here, an iron plate there, an Azdaja horn on occasion...

I want them just for my own sense of accomplishment; when you've already got two Burt/Ochain/Aegis 99s in the shell, and you're married to one of them, and a bunch more solid paladins, I've zero need to actually make them.

I'm jelly. Your wife plays XI with you and is a kick *** pld.
Keep your RUN in your MH.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-19 14:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd balance all jobs by making Fudo cure the alliance.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 14:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

I'm jelly. Your wife plays XI with you and is a kick *** pld.
Keep your RUN in your MH.

^^

That's generally what happens, yes.
 Cerberus.Stereo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Stereo 2014-09-19 14:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
The result would be SAMs everywhere whining that they need singing skills without /brd for march songs. SE would release a GK that has additional effect Victory March and Wild card.
By Ramyrez 2014-09-19 14:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stereo said: »
The result would be SAMs everywhere whining that they need singing skills without /brd for march songs. SE would release a GK that has additional effect Victory March and Wild card.

Stop it. You're giving me ideas.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 14:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

The JP SAM community has asked for a lot more.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-19 15:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

The JP SAM community has asked for a lot more.

The GK would also give the mob Massacre Elegy, Enstun, and have a latent that does Cure 4 if HP gets under 75%.
By Davorin 2014-09-19 15:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I made this for one of the MS Paint threads a few weeks ago, but never did post it.

Square-Enix blade
(Great Katana)All Races
DMG:999 Delay:450
Occ. attacks 2-8 times
"Tachi: Sleepga II"
Aftermath: Occasionally grants "Benediction"
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 15:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »
I made this for one of the MS Paint threads a few weeks ago, but never did post it.

Square-Enix blade
(Great Katana)All Races
DMG:999 Delay:450
Occ. attacks 2-8 times
"Tachi: Sleepga II"
Aftermath: Occasionally grants "Benediction"

Haha, awesome.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 15:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

On a serious note - SAM is so fuggin ridiculous the easiest and fastest way to fix this mess would be to release new Weapon Skills that require 3000 tp to use and new skills chains that can only be achieved by 2 or more 3000 tp new ws's.

Let SAM play with the new 3000 tp WS's and SC's while everyone else carries on as usual.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-19 15:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So your only way to fix sam is to get sam stronger ? I agree they should do that!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-19 16:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No. He is saying to give all jobs a 3000 tp WS, and SC to go with them. However only SAM would really see the utility in practically using them, since they can get to 3000 TP relatively fast compared to most every other job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-19 16:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
No. He is saying to give all jobs a 3000 tp WS, and SC to go with them. However only SAM would really see the utility in practically using them, since they can get to 3000 TP relatively fast compared to most every other job.

And that does absolutely nothing but make SAM stronger. Introducing more WS's does absolutely nothing to the current WS's unless the new ones are even stronger. If the new "3000 TP SAM WS" isn't stronger then 2.5x 1000TP Fudo's, then SAM will just continue using Fudo and absolutely nothing changes. If they are stronger then SAM becomes more powerful.

It's a buff to SAM that's being presented as a "fix" to other jobs.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-19 16:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alucardr said: »
1) Give Refreshga/Hastega I and II to Rdm with same power as Bards.

2) Adjust Bst, Smn and Pup pet accuracy and damage to match Sam and Mnk dmg output.

3) whatever

RDM will never get AoE buffs, and thank god, they don't need it. Make T2 enfeebles scolls spells, make merits give substantial accuracy/potency, give some more "enhances refresh" gear, maybe up elemental skill a hair. Other than that, RDM is in great shape. Buff cycles are the only thing that keeps me from falling asleep on RDM as it is.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-19 17:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM is in mostly good shape, but I do think they should raise their elemental and dark magic skills. It's pretty silly that DRK has higher elemental skill and there's no reason why their dark should be E. Boost elemental to at least B and Dark to C+. It might not be a bad idea to remove the penalty on Composure as well.

Pet accuracy needs a pretty massive boost across the board. I don't think puppets equiped with all the accuracy attachments and the pet/master accuracy food can even break 850. That's really awful design. They should also figure out a way to make the BLM puppet at least semi-relevant again, perhaps with some kind of JA-type attachment that gives +MDMG and forces low tier nukes when activated. I would also give PUP a stay command.

For RUN, they should

1) Boost Rune enspell damage to increase the value of having a RUN main versus a /RUN (and as general damage potential boost)

2) Give Dimidiation an attack bonus of ~1.5

3) Give 1 or 2 more tactical parry traits

4) Either make Pflug AoE or give a second Ward that is

5) Make Liement stackable with all other Wards and greatly increase its duration. Change the effect on the relic body to make it absorb more than 1 attack.

6) Increase the duration on One For All to 45 sec-1 min

7) Give an AoE Fealty-type ability (to serve as a counterpart to One for All) that lasts 30 seconds, on a 15 min timer.

8) Increase the duration on Gambit and Rayke

9) Boost Inquartata a bit more (~+5%)

Obviously enmity/tanking as a whole also needs to be adjusted too, but that's a separate issue.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 18:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

And that does absolutely nothing but make SAM stronger. Introducing more WS's does absolutely nothing to the current WS's unless the new ones are even stronger. If the new "3000 TP SAM WS" isn't stronger then 2.5x 1000TP Fudo's, then SAM will just continue using Fudo and absolutely nothing changes. If they are stronger then SAM becomes more powerful.

It's a buff to SAM that's being presented as a "fix" to other jobs.

Make the WS that cost 3000 tp only skill chainable with other WS's that cost 3000 tp. Make the WS dmg themselves really pathetic but the Skillchains they produce very potent with some added effects like (defense -50%) for duration of 15 seconds etc.
SAM becomes more beneficial to everyone by doing said SC's rather than being a pure DPS class(something of which we have too many)
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-19 19:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What you're offering as a solution won't take sam away from fudo.

edit: why would you want them to give more utility to the currently best dd in game instead of doing it to something like war or drk? If anything give a buff/debuff that help drk/war, not sam.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-19 19:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the flaw in my proposal. Well, nerf fudo lol.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-19 19:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the flaw in my proposal. Well, nerf fudo lol.

Yup that is prolly the only solution atm, unless they can come out with something for war and drk that is just as good as the current drg buff.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Chyula 2014-09-19 19:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My head hurts from the RUN camp talking RUN's magic resistance like the cheat *** AEGIS don't exist. try harder next time.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-09-19 19:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

can it ever be balanced? Ppl will always run the numbers and see what what one is top for there needs, even if it was a 0.001% difference. Combined with the attitude of many players 'best or nothing'...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13