New Walk Of Echoes.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New walk of echoes.
New walk of echoes.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-09-13 09:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can people post findings here?

Certain info like what flux are popular what flux are deathga etc.
I know 13 and 15 is popular. But 15 is super deathga. If a certain flux has crap items that's worth only 200k list them so we don't waste time doing them if two flux are up at same time. Thanks ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-13 09:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The HQ versions drops in the same areas as the NQ ones -- just in Surge / Endowed modes. See links under Basics heading on this page: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Walk_of_Echoes_Battlefields

Arendsi Fleuret and Ungeri Staff are from Incursion.
 Asura.Jkun
Server: Asura
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-09-13 09:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

As a general rule I would avoid going as DD to any of the surged walks unless you're bringing a WHM with you and even then having a decent -DT set is highly recommended. Mnk/dnc etc just doesn't cut it anymore, you'll spend most of the time Weakened just to get 2-shot by the boss' next TP move.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-13 09:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jkun said: »
As a general rule I would avoid going as DD to any of the surged walks unless you're bringing a WHM with you and even then having a decent -DT set is highly recommended. Mnk/dnc etc just doesn't cut it anymore, you'll spend most of the time Weakened just to get 2-shot by the boss' next TP move.

Skjalf goes DD on WHM/NIN in Surge walks without DT- set. Its pretty easy and fun. :3
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-09-13 09:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to start anything but ive went on DDs solo and did just find. Mostly BLU and Runefencer. But I agree MNK and SAM might have problems solo.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jkun
user: CiermeL
By Asura.Jkun 2014-09-13 10:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blittzjr said: »
Not to start anything but ive went on DDs solo and did just find. Mostly BLU and Runefencer. But I agree MNK and SAM might have problems solo.

You're fine, I know the definition of DD is pretty vague these days. I meant to include jobs such as Mnk war sam who wouldn't have any means of healing outside of CW. I mentioned it because I see quite a lot of people rushing the bosses with lolThaumas only to get owned as soon as they are out of temps. RUN is what I actually go as most of the time and had no problems unless there's way too many ppl on one mob and it just spams TP moves back to back.
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-09-13 10:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
Can people post findings here?

Certain info like what flux are popular what flux are deathga etc.
I know 13 and 15 is popular. But 15 is super deathga. If a certain flux has crap items that's worth only 200k list them so we don't waste time doing them if two flux are up at same time. Thanks ^^

The +1 gear drop in the flux where you get the according NQ version. I.e. Windbuffet Belt drops in flux 13, +1 drops in surged flux 13. All you got to do is look up the price on the item on your server.

Surged flux 15 might be deathga but it all depends on how smart - or dumb - the people in there are. I just hped in frustration from a flux 3 because people in there were utterly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and kept training everything, dying, getting up, aggroing, dying, mpking, getting up, dying, mpking etc. etc. You get the picture, I'm sure.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-09-13 13:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Some useful info here thanks. Some prices are not even out yet like accord hat +1 no one buy or sell yet.
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-09-13 13:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I only did one so far, flux 2. I don't know if it is the popular one on Asura, but it's slimes, so just throw magic at it.

It might've been just the mass amount of magic we had in there, but they died quickly. They have maybe one skill that hurts like hell (I didn't pay attention to my log, so I dunno what it was, but my little *** got one-shot), but an aoe that knocks back and gravity.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
Server: Leviathan
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-09-13 13:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blittzjr said: »

You're fine, I know the definition of DD is pretty vague these days. I meant to include jobs such as Mnk war sam who wouldn't have any means of healing outside of CW. I mentioned it because I see quite a lot of people rushing the bosses with lolThaumas only to get owned as soon as they are out of temps. RUN is what I actually go as most of the time and had no problems unless there's way too many ppl on one mob and it just spams TP moves back to back.

Ugh tha thaumus coat -.- lol and yes alot of mobs spam tp moves lol I did notice that. Its the modern day wkr in their -.-
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2014-09-13 21:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So far I've only been able to effectively do any work while on my BLM or WHM. Haven't gone as DD just because of how nasty the mobs/bosses are during surge. Like one of the other people in the update thread, I got a brew on WOE surge dragon, and I still did jack all to that guy(also using lolwayfarer's and wkr staff).

As WHM you'll at least get good evaluation because the healing will be needed by everyone.

On Thursday or Wednesday when I went in last I saw a number of people just sitting around the entrance because they knew the walk would become endowed and they'd get their loot regardless. So that's happening again. At least they aren't being scumbags and lotting stuff in the public pool like how WoE used to work.

Also find it kind of funny there has been no new thread in the WoE sub-section of the Endgame area.