users online
Forum » FFXI » General » POL -0250
POL -0250
 Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher 2014-09-12 05:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep gettin this error when im tryng to update at the check files screen when its about 50%.I never had this problem before and im on xbox360 with all the other online game working fine.Does anyone else have this problem or a solution to it?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-12 06:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How long have you had this problem? From the quick searching I did, it could be router related issues, has your network set up changed recently?
By Jetackuu 2014-09-12 06:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

there's a network config option in pol viewer, make sure it's set to the defaults (iirc 360 has it too, not certain as I haven't loaded that up in ages.).
 Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Unaskedthrasher 2014-09-12 08:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I switched back to a cable ISP recently but i already been on cable before with no issues also all the other games r working fine on ps3-4 and 360.Modem/router were provided by the ISP not sure i got acces to settings and i looked at the start screen on POL dont see network config menus on 360.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-09-12 08:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a network problem. Your hard drive has the PlayOnline files "corrupted". You can invoke the disc install menu using one of the functions on the pre-login screen. Have the PlayOnline install removed and install again.

It's very unfortunate but PlayOnline files on XBOX360 are signed with the console local certificate and if you had your console replaced at any point, the files are no longer valid (for the current console) and need to be removed. A fresh install is due for you unfortunately.
[+]