First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-17 09:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What Ejiin said.

I think the nms have some form of immunity to any form of sleep in general? I've seen sch/geo trying to sleep with immunobreak messages. so the only reason why dark based sleep is landing is because the immuno break system that SE put in some time back on magic spells, which unfortunately doesnt apply to songs.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-09-17 09:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-17 10:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Brash Gramk-Droog doesn't spawn in ilevel 130. Gramk-Droog(no Brash) starts spawning in 128, so the runs you did were 127 or less.

Good to know. They said it was CL130, and I wasn't paying much attention when they entered. ^^;

They didn't sleep the mega boss, only the lessers while they cleared adds. When it was time for the mega boss, they just kept the adds slept. All other NMs they've kept slept without much issue. Lullaby > Sleep > Sleep2 or Break.

@3rd run. still streaming

Coffers stack to 99. heh
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-17 11:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They slept Brash. So it's possible. There was also one point where they single target, sleep2 on him.

Pic#1

Pic#2
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-17 11:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm looks like if you sleep2 him then it automatically sleeps the rest of his minions.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-17 11:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Manifestation, bro.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-17 11:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jezz said: »
They slept Brash. So it's possible. There was also one point where they single target, sleep2 on him.

No one was doubting that (it's a known fact that you can sleep him), It was more to do with the fact that lullaby can't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-17 11:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »

No one was doubting that (it's a known fact that you can sleep him), It was more to do with the fact that lullaby can't.

Was pointing out there was no issues with the dark based sleep spells and its a viable way to hold if your group needs to recover.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-17 11:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
hmm looks like if you sleep2 him then it automatically sleeps the rest of his minions.

The SCH used. Manifestation, which makes the next Enfeebling Magic spell AoE.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-17 11:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Today's capes:

Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2014-09-17 11:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What Ejiin said.

I think the nms have some form of immunity to any form of sleep in general? I've seen sch/geo trying to sleep with immunobreak messages. so the only reason why dark based sleep is landing is because the immuno break system that SE put in some time back on magic spells, which unfortunately doesnt apply to songs.

Not necessarily. BLU's Dream Flower could land without immunobreak and that's dark based sleep. However at higher levels it's getting harder and harder to land it on the Mega Boss since with Dream Flower being Blue Magic it doesn't proc immunobreak. Haven't tried to repose these NMs either myself so I'm not sure sure if it only applies to Lullaby.
 Siren.Sieha
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-17 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Siren.Sieha said: »

The SCH used. Manifestation, which makes the next Enfeebling Magic spell AoE.

You must not know me, that was sarcasm based on the previous posters comment. Welcome to the internet.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-09-17 12:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2014-09-17 13:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

Come on guy.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-09-17 13:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe Stymie?

But tbh you don't need to sleep him. We have a PLD run in to aggro everything and boss and just have him hold adds and the boss in a corner as PLD/BLU with def food. 1800-2k defense= everything hitting him for 0-80. Thank god for no level correction.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2014-09-17 14:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

Come on guy.
You're killing me smalls.
Allow me to explain myself....
they made a macro. they put different gear on. they casted the spell "SLEEP II" without first using the job ability manifestation which you can only access with the main or sub job of scholar. I can provide ms paint for proof, if necessary.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-09-17 15:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What Ejiin said.

Not necessarily. BLU's Dream Flower could land without immunobreak and that's dark based sleep. However at higher levels it's getting harder and harder to land it on the Mega Boss since with Dream Flower being Blue Magic it doesn't proc immunobreak. Haven't tried to repose these NMs either myself so I'm not sure sure if it only applies to Lullaby.
Repose puts out a resists message, similar to lullaby.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-17 15:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What Ejiin said.

Tbh i don't really know how mobs with immunobreak works, because you don't have to have the immuno break message before something lands. So at low level incursion your Dream Flower probbaly had enough macc to do it without hitting the immunobreak message. But I do agree that it seems to have a higher resistance on light based sleep if not completely immune.

I've tried repose on nms and they never landed, no immobreak message but I haven't tried enough to say for sure

You're killing me smalls.
Allow me to explain myself....
they made a macro. they put different gear on. they casted the spell "SLEEP II" without first using the job ability manifestation which you can only access with the main or sub job of scholar. I can provide ms paint for proof, if necessary.

You mean they managed to do a AE sleep II without manifestation? It could just be that you had a packet loss and didn't see that on your log, or you filtered it(the former more likely since you seem to expect to see it on your log). Personally I experience more packet loss in incursion than any other content in the game...
By Chimerawizard 2014-09-17 15:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ophannus said: »
We have a PLD run in to aggro everything and boss and just have him hold adds and the boss in a corner as PLD/BLU with def food. 1800-2k defense= everything hitting him for 0-80. Thank god for no level correction.
Quick question, how is it 1/2 the mobs the PLD agro's aren't running straight for the WHM?
 Leviathan.Fosco
Server: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-09-17 15:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Valefor.Ophannus said: »
We have a PLD run in to aggro everything and boss and just have him hold adds and the boss in a corner as PLD/BLU with def food. 1800-2k defense= everything hitting him for 0-80. Thank god for no level correction.
Quick question, how is it 1/2 the mobs the PLD agro's aren't running straight for the WHM?
As long as the PLD doesn't actually engage any of the mobs, the WHM won't get any hate.
By Chimerawizard 2014-09-17 15:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe its something about the people I take with me, but I can run through the room, and before I'm back to the camp, mobs are already smacking the other members of the party, they were just standing around in the tunnel waiting for my return. No engaging or actions of any kind were done.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-17 15:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Mobs do some weird ***in there. When we don't feel like fighting ***and sac to an NM and I'm in the front, all it takes is a WHM to erase themselves and they'll get the attention of the train.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-09-17 18:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya if mobs unclaimed every action will draw zonewide aggro.
[+]
By tojil 2014-09-17 21:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

!
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-17 21:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That is beautiful.
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-17 21:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more abbreviations
[+]
By dedrummer000 2014-09-17 23:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

got a thf back with 4 dex, DW+1 and 1% crit damage
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-09-18 00:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if it's zone-wide aggro.

When I rdm/blm hold MB and the adds, if I kept them all slept and 30+ away, and have someone come pull them one by one, they tend to stay on me.

If I'm 15-20 away, they start making a dash for other mages as soon as they wake up.
 Odin.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Odin.Botosi 2014-09-18 00:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Only one I'm happy about is the thief cape. I rarely play whm and I dont have cor or run lvled to 99....
By dedrummer000 2014-09-18 00:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Botosi said: »

Only one I'm happy about is the thief cape. I rarely play whm and I dont have cor or run lvled to 99....

any rune test what embolden +10 actually does? does it make buff last longer? makes buff more potent? if its more potent, is it a 10% boost to original buff? or 10% to the boost? ( like adding 10% to the boost, so 160%, or since its a 50% boost, adding 5%, so 155%) if any1 willin to test this, would be awesome, rune and drg my 2 mains lol
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12