New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » JSE Cape Augments
JSE Cape Augments
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12
By lhova 2014-09-20 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a Blm and Sam cape for the Mega Boss coffer (double drop) The Bane cape had +9 dark elemental damage and some Int I think(iirc). Sam cape had 1 STP, 2 Str and +3 Zanshin. I was hoping for more on the Sam cape but not sure what's the max stats.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-20 14:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
I was hoping for more on the Sam cape but not sure what's the max stats.
Highest reported stats so far are STR4, STP3, Zanshin4, Meditate8

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-20 15:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends which jobs you do and don't consider DD I guess. WAR doesn't get WSD either. I'm satisfied with SAM cape stats, but yeah, MNK got really screwed over. Subtle Blow and Counter goez!
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-09-20 16:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

At least the counter goes well against all of this content that clearly doesn't have AOE attacks, right?
[+]
By WhiteLighter 2014-09-20 16:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not when the mobs hate is bouncing around like crazy and you lose DPS compared to Atheling mantle and Letalis mantle. No point in using that cape for just 3 counter. So all in all its still useless other then chakra set.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-20 16:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

WhiteLighter said: »
So all in all its still useless other then chakra set.
Iximulew Cape
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-09-20 18:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Not when the mobs hate is bouncing around like crazy and you lose DPS compared to Atheling mantle and Letalis mantle. No point in using that cape for just 3 counter. So all in all its still useless other then chakra set.

When I see posts like this, I really wish they were a bad bad troll, but then I get sad when I realize that I just woosh so many people with my posts :(
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-09-21 04:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Server: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-09-21 05:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »

When I see posts like this, I really wish they were a bad bad troll, but then I get sad when I realize that I just woosh so many people with my posts :(

My head hurt after reading that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-21 05:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

This doesn't really benefit the job. For the NIN JSE cape to be within the same league as the SAM cape, it would need to enhance dual wield, reduce ninjitsu casting time and grant an additional shadow from utsusemi
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-21 06:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

tell me more about how 2 ws stats, ws damage+, and skillchain+ don't benefit a dd job(not saying it's a good dd job, but that is it's purpose atm)
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 07:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
tell me more about how 2 ws stats, ws damage+, and skillchain+ don't benefit a dd job(not saying it's a good dd job, but that is it's purpose atm)
How? from my understanding of jobs each having their own niche.
As you rightly doubted, it isn't a great DD job, and this cape most certainly won't make it suddenly compete with other hard hitting DD's.
It will close the gap and make it slightly stronger in relevance to the rest of the jobs as they stood before the JSE capes.
But it does nothing for the job in relation to the other DD's since they all seem to have also gained an increase, some more than others.

Let me pose the question like this: Did SAM need more DMG output more than NIN needed something?
Why give NIN a JSE cape that still keeps it in the shitter? what is the net gain for NIN? DMG output increase compared to how NIN was before? great.. but now all the other DD jobs have also increased output, thus rendering any gains NIN achieved through this JSE cape moot.

It has done nothing for its popularity in content. It will not be invited more as a result of this cape. SAM on the other hand, will most certainly be as the JSE cape enhances the advantage it already had drastically.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-21 08:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
How? from my understanding of jobs each having their own niche.
As you rightly doubted, it isn't a great DD job, and this cape most certainly won't make it suddenly compete with other hard hitting DD's.
It will close the gap and make it slightly stronger in relevance to the rest of the jobs as they stood before the JSE capes.
But it does nothing for the job in relation to the other DD's since they all seem to have also gained an increase, some more than others.

Let me pose the question like this: Did SAM need more DMG output more than NIN needed something?
Why give NIN a JSE cape that still keeps it in the shitter? what is the net gain for NIN? DMG output increase compared to how NIN was before? great.. but now all the other DD jobs have also increased output, thus rendering any gains NIN achieved through this JSE cape moot.

It has done nothing for its popularity in content. It will not be invited more as a result of this cape. SAM on the other hand, will most certainly be as the JSE cape enhances the advantage it already had drastically.
I think you're expecting a bit much from what is, just a cape.

In terms of what jobs are preferred or invited SAM cape makes absolutely no difference. You're not going to see shouts asking for SAMs with good Takaha augs. <,<; SAM is already way ahead of the DD pack. So the cape really does nothing for it's position either. No one was close to catching up anyway.

None of these capes are job changing. Yeah, there's some nice augs. But these aren't REM. It's not that big a deal.

I don't think SE released these augment intending them to re-balance or fix any jobs. <,<;
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-21 09:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Any Bonus to weaponskill output is still a +, but compared to other DD's and the bonuses they got, they do destroy this aug.

IE Meditate+8 is just stupid strong.

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »

This doesn't really benefit the job. For the NIN JSE cape to be within the same league as the SAM cape, it would need to enhance dual wield, reduce ninjitsu casting time and grant an additional shadow from utsusemi

This is shortsighted.

Dual wield on Ninja? Really?

Ninja can already cap out dual wield delay with just haste gear. More dual wield is superfluous and a DPS LOSS <<<<<<<

The augs on the cape are probably the best augs it could have asked for, or even possible crit hit rate +5 coupled with innin (30% decays to 10%) af3+2 hat (Triple attack on Innin) would actually see a rather beastly White Damage DPS output.

Ninja is already delay capped and in a MAX DPS SITUATION you'd have max magic haste making anything over ~ 40% DW a loss in DPS

Math Time Kiddies!

magic haste cap 43.75% (448/1024) Gear 25% (256/1024) JA 25% (256/1024)

Lets assume no ja ~

43.75 Haste 25% gear 68.75% haste (or delay reduction)

You then Multiply DW by the haste So.. DW for example (1-30%)x(1024-256(Equip) - 437.5 (magic haste)) // 1024 =

Or to simplify~

0.7 x 0.32 = 0.225 which delay of 22.5%

This is assuming 30% DW

Take into account Dual Wield V is 35% ~

0.65 x 0.32 = 0.208

considering the cap is ~ 0.2 any Dual Wield gear at all on NIN while in a High buff situation would lower your WS frequency considerably (as Dual wield will still continue to reduce your delay and therefore TP per hit but you wont gain any increased attack speed, this is tantermount to equipping - STP!)
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-09-21 09:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The meditate augment is more of a quality of life upgrade for Koga SAMs and easier AM3; STR and STP augment will almost always be better overall DPS on top of what was arguably already the best DD mantle in the game.

Has anyone seen WAR mantle with more than crit. damage +3%? It has been reported going to 5%, but I've never seen higher than 3% myself.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-21 10:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
The meditate augment is more of a quality of life upgrade for Koga SAMs and easier AM3; STR and STP augment will almost always be better overall DPS on top of what was arguably already the best DD mantle in the game.

Has anyone seen WAR mantle with more than crit. damage +3%? It has been reported going to 5%, but I've never seen higher than 3% myself.

Not arguing that at all, but more meditate duration is a considerably faster TP Build for a short window and is a huge spike in WS frequency / damage from overflow here.

I've seen a War on Cerberus with +4% Crit. Damage.

Meant that anything would be a boost compared to saying "DW" on NIN, it's always nice to see people trying to state facts when they clearly either don't know how it works, or barely engaged their brain to make a decision on DPS and went with bandwagon X IS BETTER THAN Y COS I PLAY SAM.

NINJA along with DNC and BLU are seriously underestimated, feel free to ask the Numerous people I have CRUSHED as THF and NIN in Incursion because shadows are very helpful.

If we were hitting a wall that never fought back, never did anything to stop ws's / etc then SAM ofc would win.

We don't fight walls these days in FFXI, we fight mobs that strip weapons and cause Amnesia, pushing White damage heavy DD classes FAR infront DPS wise. (Incursion only but content seems to be heading this way as SE has run out of Gimiks)
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 10:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Any Bonus to weaponskill output is still a +, but compared to other DD's and the bonuses they got, they do destroy this aug.

IE Meditate+8 is just stupid strong.

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »

This is shortsighted.

Dual wield on Ninja? Really?

Ninja can already cap out dual wield delay with just haste gear. More dual wield is superfluous and a DPS LOSS <<<<<<<

The augs on the cape are probably the best augs it could have asked for, or even possible crit hit rate +5 coupled with innin (30% decays to 10%) af3+2 hat (Triple attack on Innin) would actually see a rather beastly White Damage DPS output.

Ninja is already delay capped and in a MAX DPS SITUATION you'd have max magic haste making anything over ~ 40% DW a loss in DPS

Math Time Kiddies!

magic haste cap 43.75% (448/1024) Gear 25% (256/1024) JA 25% (256/1024)

Lets assume no ja ~

43.75 Haste 25% gear 68.75% haste (or delay reduction)

You then Multiply DW by the haste So.. DW for example (1-30%)x(1024-256(Equip) - 437.5 (magic haste)) // 1024 =

Or to simplify~

0.7 x 0.32 = 0.225 which delay of 22.5%

This is assuming 30% DW

Take into account Dual Wield V is 35% ~

0.65 x 0.32 = 0.208

considering the cap is ~ 0.2 any Dual Wield gear at all on NIN while in a High buff situation would lower your WS frequency considerably (as Dual wield will still continue to reduce your delay and therefore TP per hit but you wont gain any increased attack speed, this is tantermount to equipping - STP!)
Swoooosh Conagh. Your decision to remain in the UK has effected your ability to think already. God damn it. Oh well, when I'm 53 there will be an opportunity to rectify that. If God grants me that long a lifespan that is.

I never suggested NIN isn't already capped. However, having all those stats in a single piece > getting the same stats by using several gear slots. Its why we ditched Black Belt as a TP piece in favor windbuffet or other options. Our haste was capped without the 12% provided by BB, thus allowing to gain more by incorporating a belt that had other benefits.

That and I also did include several other potential augments, not just DW.
Additionally, the gap between DDs and NIN is wide enough to warrant focusing on aspects of NIN other than its dmg output. It is more plausible to increase the effectiveness of some of NIN's unique job abilities/traits/play style than to try and increase its DPS to be within the same margins as MNK/SAM.

While these augmented mantles didn't change the way the jobs are played, they certainly don't in anyway have anything to do with balance, agreed.

Which begs the question - if SE doesn't give a flying *** about Balance then why not just rename the game to Final Samurai's Hentai?

EDIT: On incursion, yeah but that's one event. Spharai MNKS also outparse Glanzfaust MNKs. Doesn't mean Spharai > Glaz, just means that its more overall dmg on higher lvl mobs with more HP to make use of Skillchains, a situation which doesn't favor mythics heavily reliant on AM.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2014-09-21 10:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

NINJA along with DNC and BLU are seriously underestimated, feel free to ask the Numerous people I have CRUSHED as THF and NIN in Incursion because shadows are very helpful.

If we were hitting a wall that never fought back, never did anything to stop ws's / etc then SAM ofc would win.

We don't fight walls these days in FFXI, we fight mobs that strip weapons and cause Amnesia, pushing White damage heavy DD classes FAR infront DPS wise. (Incursion only but content seems to be heading this way as SE has run out of Gimiks)

Except... everything in the event can be slept and stunned. There's no reason not to sleep pulls and fight mobs 1 by 1 to focus on stun locking them.

Would you argue NIN has better DPS on Tojil since it has lower delay when weak? No, you'd just stun Tojil and bring DD that kill it faster.

EDIT: On incursion, yeah but that's one event. Spharai MNKS also outparse Glanzfaust MNKs. Doesn't mean Spharai > Glaz, just means that its more overall dmg on higher lvl mobs with more HP to make use of Skillchains, a situation which doesn't favor mythics heavily reliant on AM.

Also not accurate. The more difficult content becomes, the better Glanzfaust becomes. Glanz also TPs so fast it can self SC most of the time and AM3 is easier than most think to keep on.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 11:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Except... everything in the event can be slept and stunned. There's no reason not to sleep pulls and fight mobs 1 by 1 to focus on stun locking them.

Would you argue NIN has better DPS on Tojil since it has lower delay when weak? No, you'd just stun Tojil and bring DD that kill it faster.

Also not accurate. The more difficult content becomes, the better Glanzfaust becomes. Glanz also TPs so fast it can self SC most of the time and AM3 is easier than most think to keep on.

Its more of the combination of going through several mobs, having buffs dispelled, not being able to maintain AM that puts Spharai ahead in incursion.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-21 11:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It is as easy if not easier to maintain AM3 in incursion than delve, just need to go with support/sleep.

Also I'd trade meditate+8 augment with ninja wsdmg+ augment anyday.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-09-21 11:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
It is as easy if not easier to maintain AM3 in incursion than delve, just need to go with support/sleep.

Also I'd trade meditate+8 augment with ninja wsdmg+ augment anyday.

Does this mean I'm going to see a CCL ninja running around Adoulin? "I threw away my KOGA, going fulltime NIN."

Still no SAM or NIN mantle drop...all I keep getting are WHM capes, and the mantles are not inspiring me to take up the job.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-21 12:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see me on ryu drg but not on ccl !
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-09-21 12:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Its more of the combination of going through several mobs, having buffs dispelled, not being able to maintain AM that puts Spharai ahead in incursion.

If you're having dispel problems, I feel bad for ya, son. I've got 99 problems but missed stuns ain't one

Tell your backline to suck less and stop crippling DPS
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-21 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're having dispel problems, I feel bad for ya, son. I've got 99 problems but missed stuns ain't one

I am the backline, the front line the middle line everything. My two friends are a DD Murgeleis RDM and a healer PUP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-09-21 13:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

All this DD nin arguing.... come to xiv in oct/nov where ninja is a real DD lol.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-21 13:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I agree, Stuns shouldn't be missed, they do get missed.

As much as I agree, that the backline should stop sucking, Incursion is one of those shitty little events that's PUG friendly as apposed to Static, because once your members have what they need either through luck etc w.e there is no incentive to keep going.

Assuming this premise, you would then not have a stunner for long.

We can sit here and argue "in a 100% perfect situation x beats y" I would never argue against that, I'm merely postulating that the event type isn't indicative of having longevity with people who are stunners, and with the relatively low incentive available to continue doing it after perfect setups are not going to be common for long.

I never suggested NIN isn't already capped. However, having all those stats in a single piece > getting the same stats by using several gear slots. Its why we ditched Black Belt as a TP piece in favor windbuffet or other options. Our haste was capped without the 12% provided by BB, thus allowing to gain more by incorporating a belt that had other benefits.

No but arguing that NIN isn't going to close the DPS gap from the cape, and then suggesting DW to do so, isn't going to work in a DPS situation either as its already capped.

Arguing usefulness for other abilities is all well and good, but where / when would we use NIN for anything other than solo really?

And in events where being able to use ninjitsu effectively (Odin 1 and 2 come to mind) there's not a great amount of demand in game for such a gear piece at this time. It's currently a DD Zergfest.

Personally I like the cape, and it offers more to Ninja than you'd imagine at first glance when you factor in what they could have given and its relative usefulness in current content.

I don't count Delve as "current" content really as it's been around for a while now.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-21 13:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This event has a good "repeat value" to me between: Job point, Merit for merit fight; gil from chest, and if you have a static the more you do it the harder/more fun it get, can't beat that!
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-21 13:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
This event has a good "repeat value" to me between: Job point, Merit for merit fight; gil from chest, and if you have a static the more you do it the harder/more fun it get, can't beat that!

All of what 10k gil? lol ok.

EXP and Job points, sure it aint bad for that, but supposing I want merits that I can solo to 45 in like ~ 30 minutes as apposed to spend 30 mins waiting and then 45 minutes inside.... Seems very time inefficient in my eyes.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12