Sigurd's Descendants: The Art Of Dragon Slaying.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
Sigurd's Descendants: The Art of Dragon Slaying.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 110 111 112
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-15 20:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Linkshell mate got an Updraft Mantle with +4 STR +5 WSDMG% & +10 Breath lol he tossed it because he doesn't have DRG leveled or catch much for it.

I cried inside a little lol.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-16 11:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fffffff

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Highwynd 2014-09-16 21:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that a typo implying wsd+7? If so poidh, everyone getting wsd+1~5 and breath+4~7. Havent seen anything over those values. Screenshots!
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-16 21:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I said WSDMG 5 >_> not 7!
But breath was 10 from what I remember him saying!
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-16 21:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG guide updated:

Due to
New item introduction & Spreadsheet update
Weaponskill sets & TP Sets updated.
Angon set added to Misc. Sets.
Blue Mage Sub Job Blurb added. (Created by Reichleiu)
Grammatical errors fixed.
Ryunohige Pro/Con section edited.
Camlann's Torment was recently corrected on Spreadsheet
So a retesting of proper best in slot set was performed and corrected.

Thank you for the constructive criticism DRGs.
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-09-22 00:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning dragoon signing in~

I've tried to come up with a "to-do" list for what to get, and while some things are pretty common sense, the WKR & upgradeable gear form delve confuses me.

so far I've picked up
Upukirex
Yaoyotl Helm
Steelfash & Bladeborn Earrings
Zoran's Belt
K'ayres Ring
1/5 AF > 109
5/5 Relic > 109

on my "to do" list right now...
5/5 Relic119, AF119 & Empy+2
Augmented JSE mantle
try to figure out Skirmish/WKR/Delve upgradeable gear and what I need from that.
try to figure out non-upgrade equipment I still need to get my grubby hands on.

on that front..
Mikinaak (??? Augments)
Xaddi (STP Augments)
Cizin (PDT Augments)
should I be investing in all 5 pieces of all 3 of these sets or only 1-2 of each really worth the augment given other items.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-09-22 01:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm so according to this, i have to update af1 body hands and feet, when i previously looked this up, it was determined these were the only pieces i didnt need to upgrade.
By fillerbunny9 2014-09-22 02:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic Hands should be the last piece you upgrade. throwing some extra stats on for the 2 seconds you wear them to toss an Angon is not worth the expense IMO. the difference between Pteroslaver Mail and Wyrm +2 augmented is... stat vomit. unless you plan to use regular Jumps, you are often better off using Spirit/Soul since with your rat in play, it forces a crit, and you will be using the Emp. +2 you presumably already have. only when using Jump/High Jump will you be using Vishap pieces, and unless you have a Ryu, you're not likely doing that.

by all means, spend your gil how you will, but personally, for a returning player I would focus on getting Xaddi Mail on Path A at Rank 15, Legs on either Path A or B (depending on whether you want the additional Accuracy or the Store TP) Feet at Path B and Gauntlets at Path C. those will get you a lot of mileage right now and are valuable as Accuracy pieces on other jobs as well. (since let's face it, getting to go as a Dragoon to anything is an uphill battle to begin with.)
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-09-22 06:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i see that the incursion helm was determined to give +30/256 ftp (if i understand correctly) but was it ever spreadsheeted against augmented otomi?

For incursion /sam is def the way to go, /wars benefits are mostly dispellable and /sam makes recovering from having your weapon stripped easier. Managed to 5 hit without any serious gear swaps besides bloodrain instead of pole strap (which wouldn't even be necessary if i had tripudio). Getting a lot of overflow tp too since its still a multi hit heavy setup. While everyone is trying to rebuild tp after having their weapon stripped, with a heavy slow effect on and half your songs dispelled, I'm all jump > WS > jump > WS. Stardivers averaging 6-7k with just brd buffs. Fun event and def drg friendly. Wish drg had some better categories to spend job points in.
By Highwynd 2014-09-22 07:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Mekira-oto and gavialis helm obliterate otomi when the latent is active. It basically adds ~500 damage to your stardiver
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-09-22 08:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Highwynd said: »
Mekira-oto and gavialis helm obliterate otomi when the latent is active. It basically adds ~500 damage to your stardiver
I figured this was probably the case, but no one actually said it was better after the testing showed its true value. Just got mine last night!
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-23 00:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
i see that the incursion helm was determined to give +30/256 ftp (if i understand correctly) but was it ever spreadsheeted against augmented otomi?

For incursion /sam is def the way to go, /wars benefits are mostly dispellable and /sam makes recovering from having your weapon stripped easier. Managed to 5 hit without any serious gear swaps besides bloodrain instead of pole strap (which wouldn't even be necessary if i had tripudio). Getting a lot of overflow tp too since its still a multi hit heavy setup. While everyone is trying to rebuild tp after having their weapon stripped, with a heavy slow effect on and half your songs dispelled, I'm all jump > WS > jump > WS. Stardivers averaging 6-7k with just brd buffs. Fun event and def drg friendly. Wish drg had some better categories to spend job points in.

Yeah Gavialis Helm is best in slot on
Earth / Light / Dark Day, it's on the node In the item set page under Dftp.

I totally agree with you about War and Sam sub.
War sub is great for fights like Stellar Fulcrum / Ouryu etc. Things that will be killed in under 3 mins

But SAM sub is the overall superb sub.
In capped Attack speed situations it also allows you to augment your gear a bit (losing a waist slot for a better one etc.)

The spreadsheet has been updated for DRG and includes Wyvern/Master buff & Camlann's Torment fix also all additional gear from current update.
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2014-09-23 03:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this has already been noted. The Pet: Breath +X augment on Updraft Mantles from Incursion increases healing breath by X%. A screenshot.
By Highwynd 2014-09-23 07:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty badass then if you can get +10. That's ~an extra 38ish to elemental breaths and about 70ish to healing breaths.
By Highwynd 2014-09-23 07:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There's evidence on JP wiki that Conserve TP has tiers and that DRG gets 4 of them ending at level 97 I think for tier iv, it starts at 15% for first tier then 3% for subsequent, so 27% proc rate for drg by lv97. There's allegedly tiers for conserve mp too.

As for crit def bonus, we get tiers at the same levels that dnc gets crit attack bonus and the same potency per tier as their crit att bonus as well.
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-09-23 07:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There's evidence on JP wiki that Conserve TP has tiers and that DRG gets 4 of them ending at level 97 I think for tier iv, it starts at 15% for first tier then 3% for subsequent, so 27% proc rate for drg by lv97. There's allegedly tiers for conserve mp too.

As for crit def bonus, we get tiers at the same levels that dnc gets crit attack bonus and the same potency per tier as their crit att bonus as well.

I made a list of all Job-Traits with effects when I started my DRG Guide long time ago.
If anyone cares:

Level Trait Description Effect
10 Attack Bonus Improves power of physical attacks . Attack +10
25 Dragon Killer Gives an edge against dragon enemies. Dragon Killer +8%
30 Accuracy Bonus Improves accuracy of physical attacks. Accuracy +10
45 Conserve TP Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills. 15% procrate
58 Conserve TP II Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills. 18% procrate
60 Accuracy Bonus II Improves accuracy of physical attacks. Accuracy +22
71 Conserve TP III Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills. 21% procrate
75 Strafe (merit) Increases accuracy of wyvern breath. Wyvern: Magic-Accuracy + 5 per merit level
75 Empathy (merit) Copies beneficial status effects to wyvern when using Spirit Link. Copies 1 buff per merit level and
200 exp per merit to the wyvern
76 Accuracy Bonus III Improves accuracy of physical attacks. Accuracy +35
84 Conserve TP IV Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills. 24% procrate
85 Critical Defense Bonus Improves defense against critical hits. Critical Hit Defense +5%
86 Dragon Killer II Gives an edge against dragon enemies. Dragon Killer +10%
91 Attack Bonus II Improves power of physical attacks . Attack +22
85 Critical Defense Bonus II Improves defense against critical hits. Critical Hit Defense +8%
97 Conserve TP V Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills. 27% procrate
[+]
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2014-09-23 11:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that's accurate, even includes Dragon Killer II.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2014-09-23 16:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,

I'm new to DRG, still confused about the different jumps abilities, after getting spirit/soul jumps, is there a reason to do normal jump if pet is alive?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-23 16:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty badass then if you can get +10. That's ~an extra 38ish to elemental breaths and about 70ish to healing breaths.
Those numbers seem a bit off... Are you assuming no other breath gear before hand then adding cape? cause other wise the healing breath gain just seems far too small.

I mean.. if breath+ is the same stat as Ptero. armet, and armet has +22.. That +22 nearly doubles base HB. How could +10 only give 70?

I'm gonna go get some numbers....
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-23 16:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
Hello,

I'm new to DRG, still confused about the different jumps abilities, after getting spirit/soul jumps, is there a reason to do normal jump if pet is alive?
Jump has a VIT modifier. If the wyvern is down, normal jump will deal more dmg. High jump, not so much. Can use it if you wanna drop some hate, but it's pretty much exactly the same as soul jump when the wyvern is down.(Unless you have Ryunohige, then it auto crits and is > soul jump)

There's also a lot of Jump TP bonus gear, that only works on jump and high jump. So I suppose that'd make for an argument for High jump over soul on wyvern death.

PS. Nice avatar, Vagrant Story ftw.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-09-23 16:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Was bored, made this:

Seems to be loading and performing fine without error. If you like it, have fun.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-23 17:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Those numbers seem a bit off... Are you assuming no other breath gear before hand then adding cape? cause other wise the healing breath gain just seems far too small.

I mean.. if breath+ is the same stat as Ptero. armet, and armet has +22.. That +22 nearly doubles base HB. How could +10 only give 70?

I'm gonna go get some numbers....
What values did you use to get your estimate?

I'm wondering about how they're using the numbers they're showing us. That +22 can't be x/256. The value for wyrm armet+2 was 43/256.

Well, anyway. With breath +6 I got 61 more HP on a HB with 0 wyvern HP gear(I swapped/triggered before the HP on the mantle could proc), and Ptero+1, glassblower and Lancer. I'd think breath +10 would pass up 70 gain. Probably by a lot if any HP+ proc'd.
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-23 20:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew about the tiers for
Conserve TP

But I elected to leave it out a % on the guide and instead just state what conserve TP was because, I was searching through forums on here and BG wiki and did test myself and couldn't get Concrete data.

When I tested myself I got 20.9% conserve TP @ level 99
DRG/RDM 100 WS's performed (which is a small sample size)

I felt like I would get negative feedback from the community if I added 27%, and the information isn't readily available on NA/EU wiki sites!
By Highwynd 2014-09-23 21:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just guesstimated since base hb4 is about 600-700 no? So 10% would be about 60-70.

Pretty sure any % would only be a bae multiplier as are most +% things in this game.

Also I know its bad science to just accept what others say, but the JP wikis are seldom wrong when it comes to traits/ability formulas, in fact they did the VIT on Jump and MND on Spirit Link tests, amongst other things. Also it makes sense it would be tiered as pretty much every job trait in the game has tiers except a few(especially a trait that we get so earlier and ahead of DNC ). Also 100 is way too small a sample size.
By Highwynd 2014-09-24 08:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

A while back like in 2008 i think yugl showed wyrm armet was +16% potency for breaths and when pteroslaver came out, it was +19(and stronger than wyrm), and ptero+1 was 22, perhaps it's a straight +22%?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-09-24 15:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

A while back like in 2008 i think yugl showed wyrm armet was +16% potency for breaths and when pteroslaver came out, it was +19(and stronger than wyrm), and ptero+1 was 22, perhaps it's a straight +22%?
Most of Yugl's results are here. Some of the info is outdate(Old SP2, etc) and it lacks some newer thing,s like Ilvl wyvern HP. But it's still the best wyvern info repository I've seen. This stuff never seems to make it into a wiki.

And no, It's not +22%.

A base, 0/5 W-EXP HBIV with a 119 wep is 398.

398*1.22=485

An actual HB used under the same conditions in game with pteroslaver+1 yielded 755.

In percent terms that would be somewhere between a 89.7%~89.94% increase.

So, no. Breath attacks +22, does NOT mean +22%. The bonus is massively, like about four times that that potent, in regards to healing breaths.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2014-09-25 01:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
Hello,

Jump has a VIT modifier. If the wyvern is down, normal jump will deal more dmg. High jump, not so much. Can use it if you wanna drop some hate, but it's pretty much exactly the same as soul jump when the wyvern is down.(Unless you have Ryunohige, then it auto crits and is > soul jump)

There's also a lot of Jump TP bonus gear, that only works on jump and high jump. So I suppose that'd make for an argument for High jump over soul on wyvern death.

PS. Nice avatar, Vagrant Story ftw.
Thanks, I just started so I'm still collecting gear for DRG.

To OP:
I forgot to thank you for the guide heh, btw DRG cant wear Feronia's Bangles..if I'm not mistaken >.>
 Carbuncle.Legato
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-25 01:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you kind sir!
It has been corrected!
By Highwynd 2014-09-25 08:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm i wonder what the +22% refers to?

I think the +22 may be referring to elemental breaths. I remember at 75, a base wyvern breath was 180 but with wyrm armet breath dealt 210. This is from ffxiwiki and those breath tests were done before x/255 were known but it followed a decimal paradigm which was the standard for blu breath spells (i.e heatbreath=hp*0.5 or flying hips slap(hp*0.33). At any rate it listed wyvern breath with armet being a 16% increase for ele breaths. Which falls close to 180->210. Pteroslaver had a slight improvement over wyrmNQ being +19 compared to wyrm which had no indicated visible value in the description. Perhaps the +19 and +22 are referring to the bonus to attack breath, since it was always evident from the beginning of wyrm armet NQ that the bonus to healing breath was always far more potent than the bonus to elemental breath(ele breaths at 75 saw a 30 damage increase, healing breaths were boosted by more than 150). In otherwords, i'll test later today or tomorrow but perhaps the +22 is just a value to indicate ele breaths+22% and the value bonus for healing breath provided by wyrm armet/pteroslaver armet is unlisted on the equipment.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 110 111 112