Topic For New Players.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Topic for new players.
Topic for new players.
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2014-09-09 08:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I myself have been playing since PC release nearly, however I recreated Zart when FFXI was released for the PS2 and pretty much I've been playing pretty solid since. Over the years I would make my own gaming guides from paper based binder maps, to my general gaming blog on clopedia and as such eventually I was trying to build a linkshell during late Abyssea. Which I made a website on guild portal, which I wrote various things I thought might helps members of it.

I wrote this to help players keep track of which mega bosses they needed for abyssea.

*]To check which of the 9 abyssea bosses you've defeated:
*]Open your quest log with the main menu. (The main menu is opened with the "square" button on a controller or the "-" key on keypad)

*] and select Abyssea quests, (by moving the selection button left or right) press the confirm button and there will be two choices Completed and Current.

*] If a quest below is under completed, you have defeated that mega boss. (As a reminder, the player has to exit to the zones entrance once he defeats the mega boss to have it register as completed in his quest log or that player has to travel back to the zones entrance to have it register. Its basically a cut scene you have to trigger, and it can be skipped it if you teleport out of the zone instead.)

*]If a quest is under current, again its possible you might have forgot to trigger the cut scene to close the quest or you might have to defeat the mega boss.

*] The quest names for the 9 mega bosses are:
To Paste a Pieste ~ Konchtat Highlands Boss~Kukulkan
A Goldstruck Gigas ~ La Theine Plataeu ~Briareus
A Megadrile Menace ~ Tahrongi Canyon~Glavoid
A Fluttery Fiend ~ Attohwa Chasm~Itzpapalotl
A Delectable Demon~Misareaux Coast~Cirein-croin
A Beast of Bastore~Vunkerl~Sedna
A Ulcerous Uraganite~Grauberg~Amphitrite
A Man eating Mite~Uleguerand~Resheph
A Beaked Blusterer~Altep~Bennu

*]To check which of the 6 abyssea Catarae you've defeated:
The best way is to talk to Zuah Lepahnyu. She is located in Port Jeuno at J8.
Basically she offers to change your title for a certain amount of Gil however, you can check which titles you can change to without spending any Gil. The titles will be available under the price below (if you have them), and again it won't cost you anything to check.

*] The titles for the six Catarae is:
Title Name---------Price title category
Iratham Capturer~~700
Kutharei Unhorser~400
Sippoy Capturer~~400
Yaanei Crasher~~~400
Rani Decrowner~~400
Raja Regicide~~~~400
[+]