Merit Weaponskill 2014
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-09-02 20:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Finishing up my recapping my merits and currently re evaluating my merit-able weapons based on practicality. would appreciate your opinions and hopefully bring attention to situations/logic i have missed.

Shijin 0/5 - Not necessary with release of Victory Smite and various adjustments from other option via ws update.

Exenterator - Most have for non REM and Dancer.

Requiescat - Utility for Cor, Sam, Run in Delve. Must have options for BLU/PLD mains.

Resolution - Must have for DRK/WAR/RUN.

Ruinator - Must have for Serious BST, Rampage is meh vs it. option for war.

Upheavel - Nice GA ws but not necessary with Res and Ukko's

Entropy - none necessary, with Res/cata

Stardiver - Top Polearm ws for none Mythics, must have if main, Drakesbane is an accept alt ws, Camlaan torment option too?

Blade: Shun - not needed with Hi and jin.

Shoha - Fudo is king. unlock if main.

realm - unecessary

Shatter - nice for blm brd soloing, but not worth points if short on options

apex arrow - must have for bow non relic sam, otherwise dont bother.

Last Stand - Must have if you pay cor or rng.

so that leaves me at

3/5 Last stand
3/5 Res
3/5 Exen
3/5 ruin
3/5 Requiescat

i dont play bst must but the ws seems necessary so depending on feedback and suggestions for which i must 5/5 (if serous about job). i probably will put 1/5 ruin toss those into last stand or exen or res.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-09-02 21:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't need Exen, use Evis. Shark Bite at high TP.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-09-02 21:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Don't need Exen, use Evis. Shark Bite at high TP.

Didnt really mention this but i have mandau and yochi (also horn/shield)

i assumed Mercy (Rudra if no relic) with SA or TA for aftermath and Exen or Evis when Crit ws is better when the SA/TA are down.

either way interesting, havent seen any Sharkbite sets lately.

so dancer when no exen use sharkbite, if mob is like Tojil or High use Crit evis to take advantage.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-02 21:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
realm - unecessary
my arse
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-09-02 21:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Shark Bite and Mandalic Stab do better than Mercy at high TP. I forgot what the cut off is tp-wise, but it was pretty depressing to see.

Mercy is strictly for 100% use if you don't have a moonshade earring with tp bonus on it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-02 21:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to point out that Entropy is still a solid WS for Liberator DRK. Also, I wouldn't bother with Apex unless you're farming Bee for some reason. It's too weak to compete on anything that isn't weak to piercing and too inaccurate to be worthwhile on anything higher than Bee.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-02 21:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

At least 1/5 Shoha to 4 step light is pretty great.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-02 21:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With Dimidiation, Resolution isn't even close to necessary for RUN, and with Torcleaver beating the hell out of Resolution for any aptly geared drk, it's even less necessary.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-09-02 21:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
With Dimidiation, Resolution isn't even close to necessary for RUN, and with Torcleaver beating the hell out of Resolution for any aptly geared drk, it's even less necessary.

wut ? Unless you're using sc or have poor attack, you should be using resolution.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-09-02 21:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

get out of here ccl!!! :p
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-09-02 21:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

resolution comes with an attack penalty already, and suffers from weapon skill accuracy with each additional hit. And constantly gets destroyed by Torcleaver.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-02 22:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

resolution comes with an attack penalty already, and suffers from weapon skill accuracy with each additional hit. And constantly gets destroyed by Torcleaver.

Torcleaver shouldn't be beating Reso unless you're underbuffed.
[+]
 Odin.Skeero
By Odin.Skeero 2014-09-02 22:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are properly buffed, resolution shits all over torcleaver. And Entropy is good to have to get mp back fast for drk. Insurgency is still untouchable with mythic. Stardiver is currently better than drakes even with mythic unfortunately.
 Carbuncle.Legato
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-09-02 22:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheaval is best WS for GA main Wars
Conq - Upheaval > King's Justice (post WS update) > Ukkos
At 1000-3000 TP

Mighty Strike situations Reso is still king!

Entropy is great for Liberator Drks or Drks who use scythe and self Skillchain Quietus > Entropy darkness.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2014-09-02 23:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Entropy is good just toss 1 merit in it. being able to WS and get mp back from the WS in nice when you need it
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-09-03 00:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jin is much worse than Shun. Hi > Shun >= Ku > Kamu >= Jin is the order now. Shun is also the only Fusion-based WS for Katana. A Shun into Light will destroy even Hi.

That said, if you're not on it much, you obviously still can get by without it. As Ku will be slightly better unless 5/5 I believe, and Hi is better than both.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-03 00:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
requiescat 5/5 is better than any ws on RDM from what i've tested, other than that i'll use knights of round for a high defense NM.

stardive is best polearm ws for sam but ur prob never gonna use it unless you want to.

shinjin and shoha are outdone every time by victory smite and fudo but they're a little better on high defense NMs with 5/5.

other jobs, no1 curr~

Requiescat doesn't beat CDC on anything better than EM with self buffs, even with the metric ***-ton of MND gear RDM gets. CDC got a serious buff for RDM in the way of a lot of DEX gear they never had before. RDM just doesn't have the attack to support requiescat on anything worthwhile. But, I guess you wouldn't be meleeing on RDM on anything very high end, so there's that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-03 00:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ya my rdm testing is pretty limited to salvage lol >_> i've tried to mess with CDC but i haven't really got the chance to use it on any current content cuz dat brd and haters not letting me melee!

Honestly, for anything you're meleeing on RDM, you're either ripping up fodder (requiescat will probably win) or soloing something tough. Inventory space used to make Req more appealing because it overlapped well with gear you'd be carrying anyway, now CDC is worth gearing if you plan on swish swish.

how do MAB WS' fair out on RDM with hag+1 set?

I haven't messed with them much, Sanguine being the one I could see a real use for, but that limits subjob. Req does great on physically resistant mobs, anyway.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-09-03 00:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you need Shoha for a step 3 solo SC on SAM?
By Tylaar 2014-09-03 03:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Legato said: »
Upheaval is best WS for GA main Wars
Conq - Upheaval > King's Justice (post WS update) > Ukkos
At 1000-3000 TP

Agreed, Ukko's does not beat Upheaval outside of some very rare scenarios.
 Odin.Celoria
user: celoria
By Odin.Celoria 2014-09-03 04:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to see where you are getting better numbers on TC than Reso, I have both and at best I see TC only winning at 300% tp (forgive me but I can't bring myself to say 3000 after so long on this game with 300% instead)

I will say at 300% tp I was getting consistant 10k plus where reso stood in the high 9k range, but why waste 3 reso's over 1 TC?

I do see now you were talking about RUN, but does the same go for drk is my question.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-03 04:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN can't Torcleaver.... Sooooooo...
He had to have either been talking about PLD or DRK.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-03 07:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Celoria said: »

I would like to see where you are getting better numbers on TC than Reso, I have both and at best I see TC only winning at 300% tp (forgive me but I can't bring myself to say 3000 after so long on this game with 300% instead)

I will say at 300% tp I was getting consistant 10k plus where reso stood in the high 9k range, but why waste 3 reso's over 1 TC?

I do see now you were talking about RUN, but does the same go for drk is my question.

He is trolling you guys, awhile back I posted how Reso crushed Torc on DRK. Apparently he once was using old pre-update Reso numbers vs post-update Torc numbers.

@1000 TP Spam (1250 with earring)

Reso - 85% STR WSC 5.5703 fTP (0.85 attack multiplier)
Torc - 80% VIT WSC 5.4375 fTP (other options become better then gorget/belt).

The only time Torc comes close is when your really low on attack which is actually a problem for a job like RUN. DRK has access to more attack buffs then any other job in the game, the corsair attack roll gets even better with a DRK around. DRK's have access to the heaviest attack gear with tons of STR, attack, MA and acc on everything. If a DRK is having attack issues, then so is everyone else and the group should seriously reconsider it's strategy. Also STR is a better mod then VIT due to it giving fSTR and an attack increase. VIT is better then something like MND or CHR, but it's not as good as STR. Finally the above comparisons don't take multi attacks into account, which favor Reso more due to it's fTP copy.

As for RUN, Dimi is too weak to compete with Reso.

1250 fTP Dim, 80% DEX WSC 3.8125 fTP, 4.0125 with belt/gorget (jury is out on optimal gear).

That doesn't come close to post-update Reso even with it's -15% attack penalty. One theory to explain it's weakness is that the Ergon weapon might give a 35% 30% WS bonus similiar to what the other mythic weapons do, which would bring it more in line with post-update Reso.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-09-03 07:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
ya my rdm testing is pretty limited to salvage lol >_> i've tried to mess with CDC but i haven't really got the chance to use it on any current content cuz dat brd and haters not letting me melee!

Honestly, for anything you're meleeing on RDM, you're either ripping up fodder (requiescat will probably win) or soloing something tough. Inventory space used to make Req more appealing because it overlapped well with gear you'd be carrying anyway, now CDC is worth gearing if you plan on swish swish.

how do MAB WS' fair out on RDM with hag+1 set?

I haven't messed with them much, Sanguine being the one I could see a real use for, but that limits subjob. Req does great on physically resistant mobs, anyway.

Yeah I think in RDM's case Reso Req would probably be best due to the fact that your not meleeing on anything remotely dangerous. If your fighting anything where CDC would be superior enough to warrant bringing the gear for it, then nuking would probably be your best option anyway. For BLU on the other hand CDC is amazing, Req has been relegated to CASC use and for special situations.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-03 07:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Entropy is a must for main DRKS; a weapon skill that does decent dmg and caps your mp back up, paired with Catastrophe = infinite MP and HP.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-03 08:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Yeah I think in RDM's case Reso would probably be best
If only.
[+]