Missing POW’s Remains Returned After 63 Years...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Missing POW’s Remains Returned after 63 Years...
Missing POW’s Remains Returned after 63 Years...
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-08-29 20:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Very moving article and movie clip. Something different for the forums regarding war etc... She waited 63 years for her husband to come back from the war now that's love.

Missing POW’s Remains Returned to His Widow 63 Years After His Death

Quote:
Army Sgt. 1st Class Joseph Gantt told his wife to remarry if he didn’t come back from the war. She told him no. He had a hard enough time getting her to say yes. He was it.

clara gantt widow korea war veteran lax remains
Clara Gantt, the 94-year-old widow of U.S. Army Sgt. Joseph Gantt, weeps in front of her husband’s casket at Los Angeles International Airport. (Credit: LA Times)
For 63 years, the World War II and Korean War veteran was missing in action and presumed dead, but Clara Gantt, 94, held out hope and never remarried.

On a cold, dark Friday morning on the Los Angeles International Airport tarmac, the widow stood from her wheelchair and cried as her husband’s flag-draped casket arrived home.

“I am very, very proud of him. He was a wonderful husband, an understanding man,” she told TV reporters at the airport. “I always did love my husband, we was two of one kind, we loved each other. And that made our marriage complete.”
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-29 20:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The commitment to remain loyal to her husband.
So moving!