Forum » FFXI » General » Returning Player
Returning Player
 Asura.Teleniel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-08-29 20:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a year and a half almost and I'm thinking of coming back during the next Return and Discount campaign.

I see a lot of new things
Trusts
Records of Eminence (sparks)
Lv99 (iLvl 119) & Job Points
Seekers expansion
Crafting 100+
Gear Sets

Mostly watching the job adjustments I'm really looking forward to playing Dragoon again! I wouldn't mind spending some more time on Nin, Mnk or Whm either although the rest of the jobs I had played had lost their luster over time.

If your linkshell is looking for 'new' and interested players who aren't R/M/E or i119 please shoot me a PM. I know I'll need a lot of help catching up with all the changes, and learning how to get current. I'm on the fence about moving servers but if you can give me a good argument I don't think 9$ will set me back much, and like I said I don't currently have friends IG that I'd be leaving.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-08-30 20:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

*bumps* still looking for a friendly place to look forward to as home
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-30 21:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Help if you listed your timezone, playtimes. Also you played XIV? Are you going to quit again in the future when an update hits that game or you playing both? Some things people look at when considering to help returnee or new players.
 Asura.Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-08-30 21:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Playtimes vary with my work schedule. Usually 6pm-1am CST (7-2 EST) although there will be 2-4 days a week when I can't be on in the evenings, and it varies from week to week.

I played XIV beta, 1.0 and 2.0... I don't think I'll be going back to it. I haven't been happy with the structure of the game and I have given it a few chances.
I've also given a few shots at Guild Wars 2. I ran into the issue that the RL friends who asked me to play with them wouldn't play for large streaks of time which left major gaps between competency levels. I don't think there's much they could add which would draw me back to the game, although as it's f2p I may spend a few hours on it from time to time.
Now my leaving XI previously had a bit to do with lack of people who were online (consistently) to play with, and a lack of what seemed like goals worth advancing solo. At the time that I left Seekers wasn't out yet, and Abyssea had burned a lot of people out on working together... and for me it was nice to be able to accomplish things solo, but being able to work with 1-2 other people just makes things more enjoyable.

So if you want to know who I'll be as a player and if I'm worth your time, at this point I call myself a dedicated casual. There are certain requirements that come before the game. I won't be adjusting my work schedule to make 'raid times' but I won't avoid them even if it isn't for my benefit.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-08-30 21:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I sure as *** hope nobody adjusts their work schedule to make events at this point in the game lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-30 21:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any game worth doing that?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-08-30 22:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It might just be that I'm coming from an age group where similar to tabletop games everyone tries to have a block of time off on the same day to play together. And asking for certain times off to meet up regularly every week wasn't really abnormal for things like that. To an extension I don't feel different about PC/Console games, although like I said... I'm not willing to make that level of commitment at this point.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-30 22:17:59
Link | Quote | Reply

elvaan female! much kawaii
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-08-31 00:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
elvaan female! much kawaii

down creeper! /how to make a returning player move servers
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-31 03:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm nice wth! :( who doesnt love big fluffy, cuddley, friendly, likesfineelvs galka?
By Voren 2014-08-31 06:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
i'm nice wth! :( who doesnt love big fluffy, cuddley, friendly, likesfineelvs galka?

Creeper skill has increased by 0.4
You've learned the ability "Felonious Stalker".
 Asura.Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2014-09-01 23:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So I decided the hell with only trying for 1 week, and paid 1 month's sub. I'm still looking for a nice place to call home and get back acclimated to the game. If you're willing to be patient with me I've got a good start on a full set of sparks gear that will work for my Mnk/Drg and will be upgrading to Seekers on the 10th when it goes super cheep.
By dragomair 2014-09-01 23:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The Reddit linkshell might be helpful if you're still on Asura.
I've heard that it helps a lot of new/returning members.