Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » VNM - Verthandi
VNM - Verthandi
By kogasho 2014-08-29 02:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys was wondering if anybody steady farmed her for Ethereal Squama. If so care to share how often she pops in the all of the zones? Waited a good Hour in Batallia Downs an no repop... Seem to get Ethereal Squama mostly in Batallia Downs. Any info on her would be great!
 Sylph.Siccmade
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Siccmade 2014-08-29 02:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this, this is good.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-08-29 04:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely an hour, sometimes VNMs spawn in really isolated locations so it may be hard to get an abyssite reading, that or someone else is farming her.
 Odin.Tamoa
Server: Odin
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-08-29 05:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
It's definitely an hour, sometimes VNMs spawn in really isolated locations so it may be hard to get an abyssite reading, that or someone else is farming her.

It'll still tell you whether the vnm is actually up somewhere in the zone or not.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-08-29 05:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tamoa said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

It'll still tell you whether the vnm is actually up somewhere in the zone or not.
True, was thinking perhaps he's dealing with someone using 3rd party programs possibly, making it seem like it's taking longer than an hour to spawn. Or perhaps just bad luck in that someone is popping it before he has a chance to notice it's up.

Certainly has happened to me with Abyssea VNMs but I would have thought that would be less likely to happen with VNMs like Verthandi.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-08-29 06:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When I farmed her, after killing her, I'd just move to a different popzone.
If you're looking for her ring, it seems like only one zone of the six possible will have her with a shadow.
Since you just want her craft drop, more zone harvest = more mats.
And she'll "always be up".
By kogasho 2014-08-29 08:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok ill do some test today to see if its an hour or more, yes i know about the other zones but ive only need to get Squama to drop in Batallia Downs so I kinda wanted to single her out in there. Thanks for your info. If any other news pops up please feel free to drop a post in here about your findings.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-08-29 09:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't be dumb, the Squama can and will drop from any of the Verthandi, despite your "experiences", each zone has the exact same drop rate.

And the drop rate is common, with or without a shadow.