Forum » Windower » Support » FFXIDB Mini Map plugin issue
FFXIDB Mini Map plugin issue
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-29 01:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, I've been having a issue with the FFXIDB mini map plugin. It will appear but it's completely clear/empty. The only things that show is the arrow of which direction I'm running in. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it a couple times but it didn't help. It used to work but now it's like I said, clear/empty. Any news on if this problem will get resolved at some point?

Thanks.
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-08-29 03:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Try clicking it, then scrolling up/down with mouse to zoom.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-29 05:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »
Try clicking it, then scrolling up/down with mouse to zoom.

I tried that, but it's still not working :(
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-08-29 17:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you on Windows 8?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-29 17:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god not this again lol
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-29 17:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
Are you on Windows 8?

No I'm on Windows 7.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-29 18:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Oh god not this again lol

It's not the Windower devs fault if M$ released a shitty OS.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-08-29 18:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

try turning it off and back on again
[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-29 21:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
try turning it off and back on again

I tried that as well, but no luck. Is it just because of the Windows 7 OS? It worked fine when I had my old Windows Vista.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-29 21:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well my first several question would be:

are you running in administrator?

do you have UAC disabled?

have you tried reinstalling windower?
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-29 22:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
well my first several question would be:

are you running in administrator?

do you have UAC disabled?

have you tried reinstalling windower?

1. Yes, but didn't work.
2. No, I have it enabled.
3. As stated in my opening post, "I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it a couple times but it didn't help".
By Jetackuu 2014-08-29 22:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Try disabling uac for a go, and you should always run windower as admin.

"it" is ambiguous, just sayin'

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-30 00:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Try disabling uac for a go, and you should always run windower as admin.

"it" is ambiguous, just sayin'

Thanks for the tip, but I tried that and the problem is still there.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 04:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

He brings up a good point: what are your resolution and scaling settings?
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-30 06:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

He brings up a good point: what are your resolution and scaling settings?

Do you mean the PC resolution or the game's resolution? I use 1600x900 screen resolution for PC. The game's background resolution is 512x512 and overlay graphics resolution for the game is set to 800x600. As for scaling, I'm not sure what you mean.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 06:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't seam right, and you can scale the UI, I forget where the settings are though.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-08-30 08:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower automatically adjusts the background resolution and overlay resolution to match. If you set it to 800 x 600 then both background and overlay resolution will be 800 x 600. If you have supersampling enabled, background resolution will be doubled.

And we had a similar issue with Windows 8 a while back (Conagh I think), hence I asked about the OS. So you mean the frame appears but no map is displayed inside it? Do you still see markers? What zoom value do you have selected, can you check in Windower/plugins/settings/FFXIDB.xml?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-30 09:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower automatically adjusts the background resolution and overlay resolution to match. If you set it to 800 x 600 then both background and overlay resolution will be 800 x 600. If you have supersampling enabled, background resolution will be doubled.

And we had a similar issue with Windows 8 a while back (Conagh I think), hence I asked about the OS. So you mean the frame appears but no map is displayed inside it? Do you still see markers? What zoom value do you have selected, can you check in Windower/plugins/settings/FFXIDB.xml?

It was me! (I'm remembered) I managed to fix my issue by throwing my pc at a wall and getting a new one.

And Yes Jetakuu, Windows 8 is ***but this isn;t a Windows 8 only issue ~ We should all just swap to Linux.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 09:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

It was me! (I'm remembered) I managed to fix my issue by throwing my pc at a wall and getting a new one.

And Yes Jetakuu, Windows 8 is ***but this isn;t a Windows 8 only issue ~ We should all just swap to Linux.

if only we could hook in wine, I totally would.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-30 13:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that's exactly the issue. Only the frame appears no map is displayed within the frame. All I see is the arrow when I'm moving. Unfortunately, when I try to open the FFXIDB.xml I get this error: "There was a problem sending the command to the program."
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-08-30 14:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Protectorchrono said: »
Yes that's exactly the issue. Only the frame appears no map is displayed within the frame. All I see is the arrow when I'm moving. Unfortunately, when I try to open the FFXIDB.xml I get this error: "There was a problem sending the command to the program."

Right click on it and try to open it with an editor (Notepad works) and paste the contents on http://pastebin.com/ .

[…]And Yes Jetakuu, Windows 8 is ***but this isn;t a Windows 8 only issue ~ We should all just swap to Linux.

if only we could hook in wine, I totally would.[/quote]

Windower 5 may be able to run on Wine. In fact, if you wanna test it, you should drop by our IRC channel.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-30 14:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Protectorchrono said: »

Right click on it and try to open it with an editor (Notepad works) and paste the contents on http://pastebin.com/ .

[…]And Yes Jetakuu, Windows 8 is ***but this isn;t a Windows 8 only issue ~ We should all just swap to Linux.

Okay, I copy and pasted it to pastebin. Here is the settings: http://pastebin.com/EMiV9tDN
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-08-30 14:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's zoomed very far in. Change the 1010 to 100 and then reload.

Also, X shouldn't be negative (that means it goes out to the left side of the screen). Honestly, you can delete lines 14 through 18 then save the file and reload the plugin in-game (//reload ffxidb).
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 14:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower 5 may be able to run on Wine. In fact, if you wanna test it, you should drop by our IRC channel.

I've never used IRC but if I find some free time this week I'll give it a whirl.

I'd also have to find something to load linux on right now, or try to run it on this T901 I have, my other linux instances are VMs. (and while I run XI in windows 7 vms right now (vmware does the direct3d handling pretty decently) I'd want to give it an actual go).

edit: I've also never actually used wine, but I've read over it, and using XI in it before, I'm sure I can figure it out, any distro you recommend to try? I usually throw on Debian but I have a recent Ubuntux64 .iso
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-08-30 14:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know very little about the Unix world, last I heard people were raging on Ubuntu for selling out and favoring Mint, but I really do not keep up with these developments. If I had any Linux distro installed I'd test it myself ;)

And you don't have to go through any trouble for it, was just thinking if you had it ready you could give it a whirl. Same goes for other people who are interested btw.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 14:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I'm definitely curious.
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-30 15:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's zoomed very far in. Change the 1010 to 100 and then reload.

Also, X shouldn't be negative (that means it goes out to the left side of the screen). Honestly, you can delete lines 14 through 18 then save the file and reload the plugin in-game (//reload ffxidb).

Thank you for your help Arcon, but it just isn't coming on. I followed your directions but the map still shows the faded in screen with the arrow.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-08-30 21:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it show other targets now at least?
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-31 00:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it show other targets now at least?

Nope, it's still clear/empty. :(
First Page 2