Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Voidwolf
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2014-09-11 00:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean it's free, so whatever. But some of that ***could be useful so I'd like to know what's up.

And there are a lot of angry Benders in this thread, lol
 Asura.Darknaut
user: Darknaut
By Asura.Darknaut 2014-09-11 07:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No "gold mog pell" this year ... why i missed that last year T.T
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 12:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Read this if you're coming back to the game and buying the 9.99 full version this week.

Read this for a buzzkill:

Quote:
Receive Your Very Own Mog Pell (Green)

Period of Eligibility: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 at 8:00 p.m. (PDT) to Wednesday, September 17 at 7:59 a.m.

Anyone logging in during this time frame will receive a complimentary Mog Pell (Green) direct from the M.H.M.U. This item, which can be exchanged for a bevy of in-game items, will be deposited in your inventory upon logging in, so be sure to make room!
The Pell can be exchanged at any Festive Moogle for the following in-game items.

Eminent Baghnakhs / Eminent Dagger / Eminent Scimitar / Eminent Sword / Eminent Axe / Eminent Voulge / Eminent Sickle / Eminent Lance / Eminent Wand / Eminent Staff / Eminent Pole / Eminent Bow / Eminent Crossbow / Eminent Gun / Eminent Sachet / Eminent Flute / Eminent Bell / Eminent Shield / Kaitsuburi / Ichimonji-Yofusa / Em. Animator

Goblin Suit / Green Moogle Suit / Goblin Masque / Green Moogle Masque / Morbol Cap / Morbol Shield / Alliance Shirt / Alliance Pants / Alliance Boots / Worm Feelers / Worm Masque / Kyuka Uchiwa / Ark Tachi / Ark Saber / Ark Scythe / Ark Tabar / Ark Sword / Chocobo Masque / Chocobo Suit / Bomb Masque

10 copper A.M.A.N. vouchers

* Fourteen days or more must have passed since character creation in order to exchange your mog pell for an item.

Still doable, but not as fast.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 12:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I just know I'd forget and be paying the extra $.

Just too bad the stuff isn't sendable, it'd be really nice to just send them all to one, buy sparks and get rem chapters for nothing.

150,000 extra sparks would clear out a whole slot and then some.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-11 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn Vana'diel immigrants. Our government dev team needs to stop with these campaign that cause homeless to flood into our realms! *occupies Coronal Esplanade for protest*
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 12:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Damn Vana'diel immigrants. Our government dev team needs to stop with these campaign that cause homeless to flood into our realms! *occupies Coronal Esplanade for protest*
did they take your jerbs?

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 12:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I just know I'd forget and be paying the extra $.
From the day you can claim the gil and delete them to the day money is owed you'd have to forget for 15 days straight, every time you log in, that there are 15 characters standing beside you in the selection screen surrounding you.

hmmm
That's assuming two things:

1. that I'd claim it right away, or play every day
2. that's I'm not a procrastinator extraordinaire.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 13:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

55 characters would be about $103, your 6 accounts (one character each) would be about $78, so nope.

they could have like 41 characters for cheaper though.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-09-11 13:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voidwolf said: »
Logged in and got a green pell, no red one yet though. Anyone get theirs?
Just got my green one today. Still no red one.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 13:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but you can't multibox 41 characters at the same time like you can 6 :P
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-09-11 13:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Anyone know if they are releasing the EU client for free download? can only find the US version.
Can just load the US client, and use your EU Playonlineviewer.
Just have to edit the registry to avoid the FFXI is not installed message.

I wanted to use the campaign to look at the new things, but without Adolin access it proves to be a bit pointless <.<
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-09-11 15:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Read this if you're coming back to the game and buying the 9.99 full version this week.
Which weapons should you npc?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-09-11 16:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
As long as you spend all 10k sparks, you'll have 97k-103k Gil so weapon choices are flexible. Just don't choose lvl 99 weapons
For those interested, Darksteel Claymore's (Eq lv.51-70) are 997 sparks and NPC for 9,600~.
By Jetackuu 2014-09-11 19:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Anyone know if they are releasing the EU client for free download? can only find the US version.
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/eu/FFXISETUP.exe
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/eu/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.001
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/eu/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.002
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/eu/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.003
 Sylph.Juromaru
Server: Sylph
user: Juromaru
By Sylph.Juromaru 2014-09-11 19:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I am disappoint. The 8 wings thing seems to be a typo. I only got 6.
By mortontony1 2014-09-11 21:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as you spend all 10k sparks, you'll have 97k-103k Gil so weapon choices are flexible. Just don't choose lvl 99 weapons
For those interested, Darksteel Claymore's (Eq lv.51-70) are 997 sparks and NPC for 9,600~.

Bandit's gun sells for little more than 2k and costs 200. More sales but higher profit. Still checking if there's a better one though.

Edit: So after further research it seems like all the items above the lvl 9 set sells for ~10:1 ratio in damn near every case.
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-09-12 09:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If this was their way of drawing people back to the game, they are doing a good job at it. Saw several of my friends come back even if only for nostalgia purposes.

As for us? We were toying with the idea of coming back anyways. We have till Wednesday to make that decision, but I do miss XI.
 Asura.Darknaut
user: Darknaut
By Asura.Darknaut 2014-09-12 09:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SE must propose lower subscription and/or a declining prices for ppl who play to both FF online, many friends won't come back to XI because SE made no offer on this subject ...

/edit : Free week isn't a long-term solution for keep returning player !
 Bismarck.Luuujeje
user: luuujeje
By Bismarck.Luuujeje 2014-09-15 19:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to spend 5 Hrs to download whatever newer from when I left the game. I played on ps3. When finished downloadin, I found it was hard or impossible to play due to the lag in port jeuno. Maybe, it is not good enough to play on ps3 Any more. I love this game very much, too bad I have to Quit for good.
By drakaru 2014-09-19 03:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I fell for this and my wife and I have actually gotten sucker back in. Downside is after 2 years of not playing seems like the ls we used to be in is pretty much gone... any know of a good social type shell on Cerebus... or would we be better off switching to a different server and if so which one ?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-19 03:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

drakaru said: »
I fell for this and my wife and I have actually gotten sucker back in. Downside is after 2 years of not playing seems like the ls we used to be in is pretty much gone... any know of a good social type shell on Cerebus... or would we be better off switching to a different server and if so which one ?
I'm not a part of it but 2gil reportedly has a lot of members, they seem to let anyone join which will aid social purposes and should allow you to get some assistance as you get back into the swing of things.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-19 10:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

takes the exact same 30 mins of work; you just can't spend the 1.6 million gil today.

Starting up 16 characters and getting them past intro CS, turning in mog pell to NPC, flagging Records of Eminence initial CS and running to that NPC, and doing all the sparks trades/NPC sales takes waaaaaaay more than 30min total for all 16 characters.

I already had 16 characters on my account: 13 deactivated mules that I did log in with to get the pell and turn it into sparks -> skillup scrolls. For each one of them, just doing the running around and CS to get RoE stuff and d-box it to myself took like ~10-12 min per character. And that didn't include things like initial character creation CS, running to mog house (all of mine were already logged out in mog house next to Mog Pell NPC), running into Adoulin starter CS...

I'd estimate starting from scratch would be roughly a 15-20min process per character. Starter city may vary, I'm guessing Windy is the longest due to more running/NPC placement.
By drakaru 2014-09-20 19:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
drakaru said: »
I'm not a part of it but 2gil reportedly has a lot of members, they seem to let anyone join which will aid social purposes and should allow you to get some assistance as you get back into the swing of things.

Thanks Tidis.. I'll see if I can track it down and check em out..