No More Ultimate Pay!!! Help!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » No more Ultimate Pay!!! Help!
No more Ultimate Pay!!! Help!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Because I'm tired of people bitching about a company when it's their own stupidity/ineptitude that's causing the issue.

You mean to say that you think it's reasonable for an end-user to maintain an always-on machine at home just to be able to make payments while traveling for a video game service?

The technology exists, if you can maintain a machine at the location your card is registered to then you have a way to bypass it. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying it's a completely absurd thing to expect of an average customer.

Quote:
Proof? because it says nothing of the sort, also: it doesn't matter where you currently live, as long as the address on the account and billing match up. Hell for a lot of people, that's even moot.
Support said it was UltimatePay denying the transaction after it repeatedly rejected my valid debit card.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

that's hearsay, not proof.

I think it's reasonable for an end user to have their cards from a reputable bank and in working order to process a recurring payment, that they don't even need to interact with.
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2014-08-23 22:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

wow i forgot to feed my goldfish today, oh wait sry i thought we were talking about pointless ***, however you pay your $12.95 is your own provacative, so plz kindly stfu :D ty
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If that was the only requirement, I would agree with you, but it's clear you can't see beyond your own interpretation of the situation and would rather assume everyone else is doing something wrong than consider the possibility UltimatePay's fraud prevention is hitting many real customers.

I have nothing new or unique to add to the topic, so I'll leave it at that.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the only requirement, they have no actual way of tracking any of the other ***, nor do they care to. Now I imagine if you're traveling internationally, it would be a different story, as it should be.
 Ragnarok.Leysritt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Leysritt
By Ragnarok.Leysritt 2014-08-23 22:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
also checks your current ip, can't pay with a debit when travelling out of state.. all major vpn providers are autoblocked

i don't know what you're trying to prove, i have a bank account, i have real visa debit/credit cards, i've frequently found myself completely unable to pay with them so i use game cards because i know they'll work

This is fact, because the banks'll most likely have blocks on certain states or areas due to high fraud. If you tried making a payment in one of these areas, they'll probably block the payment.

I have to get a 24 block lift on California so I can make my monthly payment. At least I got to know my bank very nicely every time Icall them
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-23 23:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, why can't the OP get a bank account again?

Heck, most credit unions only require a $5 deposit in a savings account and you are good to go....and they are just as good as banks in this case.....
[+]
By ritch 2014-08-23 23:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all for your replies. I have recieved the answer I was looking for in my inbox. Incase others need to know my final solution this is what it said.

"Hey saw your post on the forum about this and wanted to let you know from personal exp, Greendot visa/mc work fine for FFXI. I used one for a number of years when they added the verified by Visa/Secure by Mastercard a few years back. The charge you 4.95 a month for using the cards but you can load them with however much money you want a time (they take the 4.95 from the card balance). They have good support if you ever have an issue come up. You can buy the cards at most drug stores or big box stores. Hope this helps you out some. I'd of replied in the thread, but it got hijacked into a pissing contest like most things on this forum do."

In order to respect thier privacy and other obvious reasons I did not include their name. My reply to them was

"Thank you for the info. Yeah, I had no idea that people would be so opinionated about such a simple question... I find it funny that they question why I choose not to have them things rather than giving an answer. I will probably get a greendot visa but it is always good to know there are other options. I appreciate the message ^^"
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-08-24 05:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if your debit card's location doesn't match the accounts location it'll get rejected, so doesn't work if you've moved since getting your bank account, travel frequently, or are paying for an acct that isn't yours

it's not because they're scams(directly), the payment processors fraud verification is extremely rigorous and can and will block you for location mismatch over a few hundred miles

this is probably why prepaid debits don't work, most of them don't let you register a full address and some of the ones that do get blocked by the fraud processor because its not verified

Is this true? Because my boyfriend pays for my account and his location and my location differ, but the transaction still goes through every month. We're currently 2,500 miles away from each other. ;~;
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-24 07:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Evalyn said: »
Is this true? Because my boyfriend pays for my account and his location and my location differ, but the transaction still goes through every month. We're currently 2,500 miles away from each other. ;~;

Maybe ultimatepay needs some other criteria met to apply the check. I can confirm that the same card with the same information didn't work for me in Florida(I live in New England). Neither a VPN in my state or the next state over(different provider) worked, as they block most VPN. When I got home, putting the same info in was fine.

Obviously their security policies aren't public knowledge, but if they aren't bothering you now they probably won't.
[+]