No More Ultimate Pay!!! Help!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » No more Ultimate Pay!!! Help!
No more Ultimate Pay!!! Help!
First Page 2
By ritch 2014-08-23 20:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

According to http://www.ultimategamecard.com/ "Consumers will no longer be able to buy Ultimate Game Cards after August 15th, 2014"

I am out of crysta and have no way to purchase any currently. Does any one know which prepayed cards are compatible with the game?

I do not have a bank account or credit card so I must buy a prepayed card with cash.

Also "The last day to redeem your UPoints will be October 31, 2014" so if you have any unused cards I suggest you buy your crysta soon.
 Valefor.Auraflare
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Auraflare
By Valefor.Auraflare 2014-08-23 21:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Visa gift cards, or greendot cards. I've had that do that a couple time while waiting for a new debit card. Greendot would be the better option, because you can recharge it. https://www.greendot.com/greendot.
By ritch 2014-08-23 21:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice... I used Visa gift cards in the past but only certain ones seems to work now, not all... Last time I had to use it on Amazon instead of for crysta like I had intended.

I shouted in game and was also told Greendot will work, and I noticed on the paypal forums that even if it doesn't work in game, I can use it there and buy crysta with paypal.

It seems that a lot of people in game were unaware that they could no longer use Ultimatepay, so I guess it was a good thing that I started asking around.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 21:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

at least it's not click and buy
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 21:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

rixty prepaid cards work but have a 10-20% surcharge that doesn't have a clear pattern(adding 5180 crysta to cover 4 accts cost $62, but adding 1000 only cost like 11.10 so it's not a flat rate, you can probably minimize fees with specific #s)

don't understand why it's so hard for someone to provide a simple and easy-to-use way to pay.. their credit card processor blocks cards over everything too, many prepaid debits will not work
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 21:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd be cheaper to have a damn bank account...

edit: it blocks them because a lot of them are scams, and/or are notoriously used for scams.

Most (big) banks will give students free checking accounts.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 21:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

if your debit card's location doesn't match the accounts location it'll get rejected, so doesn't work if you've moved since getting your bank account, travel frequently, or are paying for an acct that isn't yours

it's not because they're scams(directly), the payment processors fraud verification is extremely rigorous and can and will block you for location mismatch over a few hundred miles

this is probably why prepaid debits don't work, most of them don't let you register a full address and some of the ones that do get blocked by the fraud processor because its not verified
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 21:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that hard to put in the correct address information for the account.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 21:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

also checks your current ip, can't pay with a debit when travelling out of state.. all major vpn providers are autoblocked

i don't know what you're trying to prove, i have a bank account, i have real visa debit/credit cards, i've frequently found myself completely unable to pay with them so i use game cards because i know they'll work
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm calling *** because I've never had a problem with it, and I have traveled a good bit in the past. Like I said: typing in the right address is hard.

They really don't care where your location is.

edit: also if you're using a vpn, it can't tell, that's the point of it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/157110-ultimatepay-wont-accept-my-payment-methods/

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/278034-ultimatepay-problem-no-answer-from-support/

http://de.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28409/gm-still-do-their-work-bansus/3/#1737119

i'm sure i can find 50 more links if you really want, it's a legitimate problem that i've had repeatedly to the point that i'd rather pay the extra 20 bucks a month to use rixty cards than gamble on whether my real ones will work
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

it can tell vpn because it has a list of hosts integrated into the fraud prevention software

ultimatepay basically just exists to stop you chargebacking, and even without the gamecards all of SE's payments go through there

stop assuming i'm a fool, i'm posting here because of my personal experience(which included trying 2 different vpn services ...)
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ultimatepay sucks?

I was talking about SE, not ultimate pay.

When I had to buy crysta I just used paypal, it didn't charge fees like the others, and went through without a problem.

theinternetishard.jpg

edit: I'm assuming you're a fool because you have yet to prove otherwise, your anecdotal evidence is moot.

if you have a proper VPN/private proxy it won't be able to tell, only extra hops, but it should still look like it's coming from your network. Don't use shitty services and you won't have shitty problems?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

when you put your debit card into SE's website, it gets charged through ultimatepay, which means all of these restrictions apply

there's no way to pay SE with a credit or debit card that doesn't involve going through ultimatepay at present.. paypal also goes through ultimatepay with similar restrictions.. the game cards are the only ones that don't have all the verification(because you can't chargeback a game card)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

it can't tell you have a vpn because of ip leaks or poor usage, it can tell your IP is from a known VPN's host, the company maintains a list of them for public services

maybe you have a nice private vpn that isn't on their list, but that's far from something you can expect everyone to have available to them just to pay for an online game while traveling
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to take the time to argue, if you have an address that you can pay from then do the simple thing: use something like teamviewer to remote back in and pay through that machine.

I've had zero issues.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
it can't tell you have a vpn because of ip leaks or poor usage, it can tell your IP is from a known VPN's host, the company maintains a list of them for public services

maybe you have a nice private vpn that isn't on their list, but that's far from something you can expect everyone to have available to them just to pay for an online game while traveling

it's not hard to set up a free solution, and the host is irrelevant because it should only see your home address, unless you're totally using it wrong.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why you took the time in the first place then, you've contributed nothing useful. All you really did was clutter up a thread to try to prove me wrong, when the fact is, the system is very advanced and very strict. It creates problems for people that aren't easily resolved.

Having an always-on machine with teamviewer or a VPN just to pay for an account is not a realistic solution, some people will need to suck it up and pay for the game cards. For that matter, an extra $2-4/month for a single or dual boxer is worth a lot more than the time required to deal with their ***even if you work minimum.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

worlaceuk said: »
Why do some people have to be told over and over ? It's happened to me, i was paying with my debit card with more than enough money in my bank and they just blocked it, at the same time it also blocked me using my paypal account again with more than enough money in, so i had to use ultimategame card just to play.

Now that is stopped i have moved onto paying with ukash.
UK payment issues are not the same sir.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why you took the time in the first place then, you've contributed nothing useful. All you really did was clutter up a thread to try to prove me wrong, when the fact is, the system is very advanced and very strict. It creates problems for people that aren't easily resolved.

Having an always-on machine with teamviewer or a VPN just to pay for an account is not a realistic solution, some people will need to suck it up and pay for the game cards. For that matter, an extra $2-4/month for a single or dual boxer is worth a lot more than the time required to deal with their ***even if you work minimum.

Like I said: then don't *** the ***up in the first place, as obviously the problem is with you. Their system isn't that advanced, I promise you that.

edit: having an always on machine isn't an issue, but if you like to flush money, go for it. It would still be smarter to just buy crysta with paypal.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

worlaceuk said: »
Listen pal, i don't know what you're trying to prove and its great you haven't had any issues with billing but myself and others have.

Also if you have multiple se accounts, they can block a card from paying for multiple ones even if they are registered to your home address, but you can call *** on that if you want but that doesn't change the fact it happened, leaving me with no option to pay with ultimate game card.
Again: UK billing =/= US billing.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Plain and simple.

-If your IP does not match your cards billing address, you can't pay.

Solution 1: Pay $2 extra per account to use rixty cards. Buy the cards online and you'll be active within 5 minutes.

Solution 2: Have an always-on computer at home to VPN/Teamviewer into to pay. This isn't viable if you no longer live at the location. This isn't viable if people at the location will turn off the computer. This potentially costs more in electricity than the rixty cards anyway if you're gone an extended period of time.

I understand solution 2, I understood this well before this thread, I just don't consider it superior.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

again: ***, most people don't have a static IP and as there's only a handful of companies they toss out whatever is available over a wide region.

Easier solution: don't be an idiot when you pay for stuff, and type in the information right, or just use paypal.

It's much superior, especially if you run a server anyway, just a quick VM to remote into.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Paypal is subject to THE EXACT SAME RESTRICTIONS.

Everything refundable goes through UltimatePay. UltimatePay guarantees payment to SE, which means to cover their *** from being liable for chargeback or paypal dispute they use many fraud verification checks. These include:
-IP matches billing address.
-IP matches account address.
-IP is on a list of known proxy/vpn services.
-Card is paying for multiple SE accounts.

I don't understand where the 'being an idiot' part comes into play, but typing the information correctly or using paypal doesn't solve this.

I am capable of maintaining a server or always-on teamviewer machine and I still don't think it's worth it for the minimal savings. However, you can't possibly think that's a realistic solution for the average user..

Using Rixty bypasses all of these security checks because they don't care. If you illicitly obtain a bunch of game cards and use them, the vendor who activated the cards is the one out money, not UltimatePay or SE.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh you don't even internet bro, 1. vpn's don't work like that, if yours is, it's set up wrong.

2. ip's for homes typically aren't static, so it's impossible for it to "match" either a billing or account address.

learntointernet.

I think the realistic solution is to just use a card with a good bank, and use paypal, or just the automated billing, as it works fine, if you type your address right.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-23 22:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

... geolocation is hard, apparently

I don't know who ***in your cheerios this morning, but I assure you this is a legitimate problem and everything I've said regarding it is spot-on. Why are you so invested in telling people their problem doesn't exist, if it apparently doesn't even effect you?

The automated billing STILL. GOES. THROUGH. ULTIMATEPAY. If your card address isn't where you currently live or you're paying for multiple accounts, this does not solve the problem ...
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

... geolocation is hard, apparently

I don't know who ***in your cheerios this morning, but I assure you this is a legitimate problem and everything I've said regarding it is spot-on. Why are you so invested in telling people their problem doesn't exist, if it apparently doesn't even effect you?

Because I'm tired of people bitching about a company when it's their own stupidity/ineptitude that's causing the issue.

at best they can get a route hub, like my location right now will show Richmond, so will most of comcast's users in a good chunk of VA. They don't keep a registration of individual account holder's IP's because they're not static, one day I could have "X" IP and another I could have "B" IP, it's random, and it's pretty much by region (until we move to IPv6, then they could actually do this, even by device in your house if you're not using NAT).

If you're using a VPN properly the IP they will see will be your home's IP, not the VPN's, so that concept is moot.

The fact is, if you type your address in right, and have a credit card with a good bank (in the US mind you) you won't have an issue.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-23 22:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The automated billing STILL. GOES. THROUGH. ULTIMATEPAY. If your card address isn't where you currently live or you're paying for multiple accounts, this does not solve the problem ...

Proof? because it says nothing of the sort, also: it doesn't matter where you currently live, as long as the address on the account and billing match up. Hell for a lot of people, that's even moot.
First Page 2