St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 31 32 33
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 12:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
Sooo...."shoot first, ask questions later?"

I think 'tase first, ask questions later' would be fair. then at least they only kill old guys with pacemakers.

Ehh. I'd be okay with this.
The Mounties did that in Canada once. Killed a distraught polish man frantically looking for his non-English speaking mother.

Pretty sure it's happened a few times as well, before and since then.

Way to ruin a fun thing.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-22 12:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Way to ruin a fun thing.

nah, it's fine, old folks have already lived their lives, something will get em' anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Razorbeast
Server: Asura
user: barkley1
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-08-22 12:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I Wonder who kills more citizens, terrorist or the police?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 12:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Razorbeast said: »

I wonder who kills more police. Citizens or terrorists?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-22 12:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Themselves! Heart attacks on the job are in the top 5!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 12:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Themselves! Heart attacks on the job are in the top 5!

I was going to go with "aggrieved spouses" since they cheat so frequently too, apparently.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-22 12:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

God hates police officers.
By fonewear 2014-08-22 12:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Firefighters hate police officers.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-08-22 12:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
God hates police officers.

that does explain the small penises....
[+]
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-08-22 13:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Deadly+Force

Much easier for a cop to get away with it.

Not sure citizens get the right away to shoot and kill an officer; they will have a hard time pleading their case, that is for sure.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-22 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure citizens get the right away to shoot and kill an officer; they will have a hard time pleading their case, that is for sure.
How many cops are out there freely hunting down citizens?

How many cops do that this year? This decade? Within the last 100 years?

How many cops are there in the US?

How many citizens freely hunt down other citizens? How many citizens do that this year? This decade? Within the last 100 years?

See the point?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 13:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

How many citizens freely hunt down other citizens? How many citizens do that this year? This decade? Within the last 100 years?

See the point?

Oooohh. NOW I get it.
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-08-22 13:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-08-22 14:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
I mostly kept out of this one cause not enough info is out yet and too many people jumping to conclusions. That being said, the reason the police are going under increasing amounts of scrutiny is the sheer volume of bullsh!t they have been doing for as long as there have been police. This is compounded by the "thin blue line" / "brothers in blue" mentality where they will all cover each other, even if one of them abused their power. A police officer can commit murder, have a video of it, and they will say "it's justified", even when that video hits the internet. Did anyone every wonder why when one cop shoots they all start shooting even if there is just one suspect? It's so that nobody can identify exactly which cop pulled the trigger and thus no murder charges can be pressed if the shooting was in error. It also creates an incentive for all the attending officers to agree to a single story and protect each others ***'s on the off chance that the shooting wasn't justified.

That is the reason we're getting such a large backlash, people are tired of the good police officers covering for the bad ones. The racism angle only enters because there are more poor black folks in city's then poor white folks and poor people commit more violent / petty crime then middle class / rich folk.

While I agree with you, I don't think there is evidence that poor people commit violent or petty crimes at a higher rate than the middle class, just that it's more publicized and more prosecuted. I know far more middle class people that purchase and use pot, but very few of them are ever targeted for extra scrutiny during a routine traffic stop. The difference in the view of race in terms of crime is evident in the rates of prosecution, middle class whites and poor blacks use common drugs at about the same rates, but poor blacks are as much as 20 times more likely to be prosecuted as a result. You could chalk that up to the middle class whites being better at concealing it, but a large portion has to do with law enforcement's focus.

There is a ton of statistical evidence backing this up, and when I say petty I'm really meaning small time burglary / arson / robbery not mundane sh!t like buying a bag of weed. This is in contrast to financial crimes involving millions of USD that we see the rich do, and get away with. It's just economics, poor people have less to lose and less alternate options to crime then middle class people. A middle class guy doesn't have to resort to robbing a liquor store while a poor person might. A poor kid / person would see joining a gang as an improvement on their life while for a middle class person it would be a step down.

Seriously go take a look at crime statistics, it makes perfect sense. I had to explain to someone before how economics and geographic area's are responsible for more poor blacks being in prison then poor whites. The basics is that crime and destitution go hand in hand, where you find one you always find the other, and the more concentrated a population is geographically the easier it is to police them. So you get the same percentage of whites, blacks and hispanics doing those crimes but because blacks and hispanics predominately congregate in inner cities you get more frequent arrests vs poor whites which tend to live in rural area's that are less policed.

Basically the vast majority of police aren't racists, but due to them being predominately from middle class white families it only takes a few to create the illusion. That and the fact that good cops hide bad cops also enforces that illusion.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-22 14:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Careful now, someone might call that whole concept RACIST!!!! We should be equally arresting all people of all colors and just because we don't makes us RACIST!!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-22 14:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing he said was racist. Quite rational, actually.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-22 14:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I really need the sarcasm tag?
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-08-22 14:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

See the point?

Police brutality/police corruption; trust me, police do hunt down citizens (Racial profiling).

obviously citizens hunt down other citizens; as you alluded, there a far less cops (Do you see the point, duh?) that is the easy response, nor was that my original question. The sheer number of citizens outweighs cops hence the oppotunity for more citizen on citizen crime presents itself, but does that mean cops do not engage in wrongful deaths? Are you positive they do not occur?

He stated whom kills more police officers, citizens or terrorist; neither have the right away to kill a cop. They are authority figures, hence can act upon reasonable belief. You cannot get the right away to kill a police officer; they are the authority.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-22 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
With you, yes.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-22 15:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
I mostly kept out of this one cause not enough info is out yet and too many people jumping to conclusions. That being said, the reason the police are going under increasing amounts of scrutiny is the sheer volume of bullsh!t they have been doing for as long as there have been police. This is compounded by the "thin blue line" / "brothers in blue" mentality where they will all cover each other, even if one of them abused their power. A police officer can commit murder, have a video of it, and they will say "it's justified", even when that video hits the internet. Did anyone every wonder why when one cop shoots they all start shooting even if there is just one suspect? It's so that nobody can identify exactly which cop pulled the trigger and thus no murder charges can be pressed if the shooting was in error. It also creates an incentive for all the attending officers to agree to a single story and protect each others ***'s on the off chance that the shooting wasn't justified.

That is the reason we're getting such a large backlash, people are tired of the good police officers covering for the bad ones. The racism angle only enters because there are more poor black folks in city's then poor white folks and poor people commit more violent / petty crime then middle class / rich folk.

While I agree with you, I don't think there is evidence that poor people commit violent or petty crimes at a higher rate than the middle class, just that it's more publicized and more prosecuted. I know far more middle class people that purchase and use pot, but very few of them are ever targeted for extra scrutiny during a routine traffic stop. The difference in the view of race in terms of crime is evident in the rates of prosecution, middle class whites and poor blacks use common drugs at about the same rates, but poor blacks are as much as 20 times more likely to be prosecuted as a result. You could chalk that up to the middle class whites being better at concealing it, but a large portion has to do with law enforcement's focus.

There is a ton of statistical evidence backing this up, and when I say petty I'm really meaning small time burglary / arson / robbery not mundane sh!t like buying a bag of weed. This is in contrast to financial crimes involving millions of USD that we see the rich do, and get away with. It's just economics, poor people have less to lose and less alternate options to crime then middle class people. A middle class guy doesn't have to resort to robbing a liquor store while a poor person might. A poor kid / person would see joining a gang as an improvement on their life while for a middle class person it would be a step down.

Seriously go take a look at crime statistics, it makes perfect sense. I had to explain to someone before how economics and geographic area's are responsible for more poor blacks being in prison then poor whites. The basics is that crime and destitution go hand in hand, where you find one you always find the other, and the more concentrated a population is geographically the easier it is to police them. So you get the same percentage of whites, blacks and hispanics doing those crimes but because blacks and hispanics predominately congregate in inner cities you get more frequent arrests vs poor whites which tend to live in rural area's that are less policed.

Basically the vast majority of police aren't racists, but due to them being predominately from middle class white families it only takes a few to create the illusion. That and the fact that good cops hide bad cops also enforces that illusion.

The statistics are crimes reported and convictions, not total crimes and who perpetrates them. I was making the point that middle class whites COULD be committing the same crimes at roughly the same rates but aren't being caught, and used minor drug offenses as an example of it. It's semantics, either way.
By Heimdel 2014-08-22 15:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Heimdel said: »
Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
So, I get the conclusion that dude hit the cop while he was in his cop car (resulting in a broken eye socket or just swelling of the face), then dude tried to grab the cops gun which is probably when it went off in the cop car and that scared dude off a bit, enough to enable the cop to get out of his cop car to attempt to arrest him but dude came at the cop again and the cop had a legit fear of his life by then and shot.

This is just a hypothetical opinion though of course.

Basically it comes down to people expect a cop to let them self be killed instead of defending them self. There was a cop around here who went to stop a suspect in a car break in the guy ran and the cop chased him. After catching the guy then guy stabs the cop. The cop held onto him till help got there but ended up dying. If he had used his gun instead his family wouldn't be left without a father and husband now.
I personally believe people are moving towards the "Shoot to disable" mindset. But, unfortunately we all know that if the cops shoot to disarm or disable they will get sued for the damages that person received and the inevitable "They ruined muh lyfe" debate circle jerk will go on for thousands and thousands of years.

In this specific case we honestly dont have enough reasonable doubt for one claim or the other. Truthfully, this is why the media should be forbidden by law to discuss cases that are under investigation, but first amendment rights and blah. Because if the media is allowed to grab hold with incomplete information and run with it theres no way we can actually follow up through the legal process to get to the bottom of this the way its meant to.

This, and the fact that now people are so opinionated on the subject that anything that pops up in the news is a racist cop killing a black kid for no reason (See the Powell incident) and you cant tell them any different. Its just ridiculous at this point and the copycat stories are a joke that no one seems to evaluate before they weigh in on them.

See that is the thing. With all those school and similar shootings the news companys hired experts on how to handle them. These experts proceeded to tell them that they shouldn't make them national news they should keep them to local coverage in the area it happened and limited exposure. What they said ends up happening is people see how much attention the person gets and ends up copying them wanting to go out in a blaze of glory with all the attention they will get. Of course the news companys promptly ignored this advice from their own experts cus you know rating...
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-08-22 15:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I get the conclusion that dude hit the cop while he was in his cop car (resulting in a broken eye socket or just swelling of the face), then dude tried to grab the cops gun which is probably when it went off in the cop car and that scared dude off a bit, enough to enable the cop to get out of his cop car to attempt to arrest him but dude came at the cop again and the cop had a legit fear of his life by then and shot.

Basically it comes down to people expect a cop to let them self be killed instead of defending them self. There was a cop around here who went to stop a suspect in a car break in the guy ran and the cop chased him. After catching the guy then guy stabs the cop. The cop held onto him till help got there but ended up dying. If he had used his gun instead his family wouldn't be left without a father and husband now.

Your point is taken, even without the emotional language, but just shooting every criminal of every stripe on sight really isn't the solution.

No it is use your gun if you feel your life is actually in danger. People expect a cop never to use their gun and risk being killed themself instead.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-22 15:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Your point is taken, even without the emotional language, but just shooting every criminal of every stripe on sight really isn't the solution.

No it is use your gun if you feel your life is actually in danger. People expect a cop never to use their gun and risk being killed themself instead.

No one is expecting that.

At least no one reasonable.

What some of us expect is better training for police officers -- and the hiring of better officers -- to ensure the people holding the firearms are better trained to know when using deadly force is necessary. And making sure it's not people who will wilt under pressure and shoot someone "just to be safe".

I don't know if that happened in this case or not, as all the evidence is still mounting. But it's certainly happened before and will happen again.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2014-08-22 18:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In some cases, their lives weren't in danger but they resorted to shoot the guy. I call that lack of preparation.
Well prepared cops would have easily neutralized a guy with a knife shouting "shoot me" without shooting him to death. Especially when they were 4 vs 1.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-08-22 18:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

See the point?

Police brutality/police corruption; trust me, police do hunt down citizens (Racial profiling).

obviously citizens hunt down other citizens; as you alluded, there a far less cops (Do you see the point, duh?) that is the easy response, nor was that my original question. The sheer number of citizens outweighs cops hence the oppotunity for more citizen on citizen crime presents itself, but does that mean cops do not engage in wrongful deaths? Are you positive they do not occur?

He stated whom kills more police officers, citizens or terrorist; neither have the right away to kill a cop. They are authority figures, hence can act upon reasonable belief. You cannot get the right away to kill a police officer; they are the authority.

Whoa! Back the 911 trolley up! Citizens do have the right to kill a police officer or officers in my state now if said officer or officers are breaking the law.

State Passes Law to Legalize Shooting Police

My biggest question of this Ferguson situation is, if this cop did shoot dude within reason, why did he feel it necessary to unload a freaking full clip on dude? Did he graze dude, trying not to kill but dude kept on coming at him to where he had to continue to keep on shooting? I'm dying to hear this cops logic on why he had to empty a clip on dude.
By Enuyasha 2014-08-22 18:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

In some cases, their lives weren't in danger but they resorted to shoot the guy. I call that lack of preparation.
Well prepared cops would have easily neutralized a guy with a knife shouting "shoot me" without shooting him to death. Especially when they were 4 vs 1.
Honestly, at first it seemed like he was just going to *** off and leave but then he instantly turned around and started sprinting at the cops. In that situation on the street i really wouldnt put anything to risk because if he was really 4 feet away at a full sprint he couldve covered that distance and killed the nearest cop in seconds. At that particular incident it was well justified to use deadly force against him because i dont believe there was another option in that situation that couldve neutralized the situation quickly enough without grave injury to either party.

Powell is such a cut and dry police suicide situation :/

Mike Brown (atleast IMHO) is such a bloated case because theres already some preconfirmed bias that an officer should never have to use their weapon on an unarmed person. But when someone comes charging at you with murderous intent even unarmed you have to meet the threat with an equal reaction and if he feared for his life enough to validate deadly force then its a wrap. The only way we'll really know the full extent of the incident is if one of these cellphones/cameras actually caught the incident and that person comes forth with it. But, we probably wont see that because the agenda is to impede the polices ability to do much of anything at this point because if a cop shows up now you'll get some cocky response like Powell and then theyll do some stupid ***to cause the stereotypical response they want and then blame the cops if they dont live and if they do they'll blame the cops louder cause they'll claim innocence no matter what. Its a very futile thing to argue about because people are going to do these stupid *** things theyve been socialized to do knowing that one day theyll do it and get the reaction that matches that stupidity.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-22 19:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There were at least 155 Americans killed by police officers in the United States in 2011. That means that you were more than 9 times more likely to be killed by a law enforcement officer than by a terrorist.

WASHINGTON POST
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-22 20:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
With you, yes.
Don't look now but your prejudice is showing.
[+]
 Asura.Razorbeast
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-08-22 20:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

See the point?

Whoa! Back the 911 trolley up! Citizens do have the right to kill a police officer or officers in my state now if said officer or officers are breaking the law.

State Passes Law to Legalize Shooting Police

My biggest question of this Ferguson situation is, if this cop did shoot dude within reason, why did he feel it necessary to unload a freaking full clip on dude? Did he graze dude, trying not to kill but dude kept on coming at him to where he had to continue to keep on shooting? I'm dying to hear this cops logic on why he had to empty a clip on dude.

Good for Indiana; iirc, this pertains to the intrusion of a person's house/self defense. Essentially, this is only effective in the crib. However, police have no such area restrictions. Basically, officers cannot break down your doors at 2AM without permission, but they can shoot you later, on your way to work. House protection essentially.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-22 23:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
With you, yes.
Don't look now but your prejudice is showing.
When is it not showing?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 31 32 33