St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven Or Hell, Duel 1! Let's Rock!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
St. Louis, Missouri Vs. The Police: Heaven or Hell, Duel 1! Let's rock!
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 31 32 33
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-20 15:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Don't be a Menace in St. Louis while attempting to rob a Quik Trip.

I got these cheeseburgers man....

[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 15:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My hair is fabulous you must admit.

That is a Nobel Peace prize around my neck.
By volkom 2014-08-20 18:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we expect more riots in the street tonight?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-20 18:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone, you post so much that even Kingnobody is having a hard time rate up'ing every meaningless thing you say. Might wanna chill and give him some time to catch up.

K, you missed two on the previous page.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-20 18:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Fone, you post so much that even Kingnobody is having a hard time rate up'ing every meaningless thing you say. Might wanna chill and give him some time to catch up.

Someone needs a hug.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 19:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

I hope so nothing good on TV on a Wednesday night...
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-20 20:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Someone needs a hug.

It's not like I'm jealous of his +1s or anything.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 20:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Someone needs a hug.

It's not like I'm jealous of his +1s or anything.
Of course you are, why else would you complain about it?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-20 20:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Of course, they need to get groceries somehow, might as well riot in front of a store.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 20:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaking news it is raining the riots have been called off !
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-20 21:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy gets beheaded by terrorist gets maybe 20 seconds of news coverage...that doesn't add up to me.

Not trying to equate death of people but I think terrorism is a much bigger threat than cops.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-20 21:12:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just you, it's all I've been hearing today.
 Bahamut.Megrim
Server: Bahamut
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2014-08-20 21:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I'll tell you I've been arrested a few times in my life (was a feisty kid back in the day) and have never been read my rights.

I know its kind of an old post jet my bad for bringing it up.

The police don't have to read you your rights UNTIL they begin to question you. Meranda Rights only come into play when cops begin to ask you questions pertaining to an investigation.

Besides most people when they get arrested they are asked to sign a piece of paper. That piece of paper if you actually read it. (Before you are booked and fingerprinted) Is your Meranda Rights typed out; however most people don't realize that they SIGNED a consent of their rights.

enough on that tho.

Police State anyone?
By fonewear 2014-08-20 21:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what Ferguson MO looks like:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Altimaomega 2014-08-20 21:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Megrim said: »
I'll tell you I've been arrested a few times in my life (was a feisty kid back in the day) and have never been read my rights.

The police don't have to read you your rights UNTIL they begin to question you. Meranda Rights only come into play when cops begin to ask you questions pertaining to an investigation.

Besides most people when they get arrested they are asked to sign a piece of paper. That piece of paper if you actually read it. (Before you are booked and fingerprinted) Is your Meranda Rights typed out; however most people don't realize that they SIGNED a consent of their rights.

enough on that tho.

Police State anyone?

By Altimaomega 2014-08-20 21:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/13-year-old-shot-death-police-open-carrying-toy-rifle/
By Altimaomega 2014-08-20 21:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2014-08-20 22:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No rioting tonight ? I want my money back CNN !
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-21 01:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That article sucks balls. Not because of the issue but the opinions dripping in a manner that implies only non-open carry states have problems with the police indiscriminately shooting people.

Quote:
In a twisted double-standard, anyone seen carrying a firearm in California is subject to certain harassment and possible death; that is, unless they are employed by the police.
That should read not just CA but all of the US.

Open carry is not the issue. Cops assuming citizens are the enemy is the issue. Guilty until proved innocent seems to be the default position of the police.

Case in point: a man shot in Ohio two weeks ago (where open carry is legal) for picking up a toy gun in Wal-Mart.
Two different perspectives:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/man-police-shot-in-walmart-killed-over-fake-gun-fa/ngw77/?nmredir=true&__federated=1
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/source-walmart-gunman-was-carrying-toy-rifle/
Update after initial impressions:
http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article1252666.html
By Jetackuu 2014-08-21 01:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Megrim said: »

enough on that tho.

Police State anyone?

Actually, it wasn't on the paper, and I disagree with the notion that they don't have to read them unless you are being questioned, that's irrelevant.

Kind of like how you apparently lose your right to defense if they're not seeking jail time, good 'ol VA. It's nonsense, they're cutting corners that weren't meant to be cut.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-21 01:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also still of the opinion that the civilian police force doesn't need guns at all, especially in big cities. There's a solution: stop issuing a department firearm, allow only the swat teams to be armed, and deploy them only in times of actual need, not to serve warrants.

Then you'll have a lot less of this stupid ***.

edit: I may be persuaded to allow them to keep one in the trunk of their cruiser, but there's no reason most police should ever be carrying.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-08-21 02:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Or maybe they are trying to get their jobs done without reporters getting in their way. How fed up would you be at your work if there were reporters all over the place, hounding you and putting cameras in your face while you are trying to do your job?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-21 03:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone can't handle media scrutiny then they should probably avoid jobs that regularly come in contact with the press.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-21 04:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
If someone can't handle media scrutiny then they should probably avoid jobs that regularly come in contact with the press.

There's a difference between the press coverage your average policemen receives and the national media circus that's covering Ferguson. They'll do anything for a good shot of the action. I used to work at a place hosting an NFL summer training camp and my only job during practice was to keep the fans and the press from doing something stupid. No, you may not cross the press line and onto the field for a better camera view, moron. No, you may not go onto the field to grab a cup one of the players just tossed, you friggin' weirdo. I just can't see the press behaving any more responsibly in an actual riot scenario and I wouldn't trust them to not makes things worse.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-21 04:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Altimaomega said: »
Or maybe they are trying to get their jobs done without reporters getting in their way. How fed up would you be at your work if there were reporters all over the place, hounding you and putting cameras in your face while you are trying to do your job?
That's the thing about the Police, in their eyes the news is always "in their way."

something something accountability, something something overreach of power, something something violation of 1st Amendment, something something.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-21 04:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing about the Police, in their eyes the news is always "in their way."

something something accountability, something something overreach of power, something something violation of 1st Amendment, something something.

And here I go playing devil's advocate to myself, because I agree with this as well. It's just a power struggle between two hot-headed groups.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-08-21 07:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't disagree. But if there is clearly a place where the press are supposed to gather, they should stay there. Its the ones trying to get exclusive footage by ignoring the police and potentially putting themselves or somebody else in harms way that ruin it for everybody.

Its the same cycle that results in minorities being harassed by police. Press ignores cops because they have been treated poorly; cops treat press poorly because they ignore them. Police harass minorities because they don't show any respect; minorities don't respect police because they've been harassed.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 07:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I used to work at a place hosting an NFL summer training camp

Ugh, it's the worst. Which team, out of curiousity? The Steelers have their training camp here where I live and it seriously adds 10-20 minutes to my commute time home from work daily during camp, not to mention it makes it a real hassle to go out to eat because of all the damn people. And of course, the local restaurants go all-out, because Pittsburgh Region, Steelers Nation, blah blah blah, catering to all the people coming in.

It's luckily wrapping up for the year now, so...should be mostly clear until next August.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-21 07:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Press ignores cops because they have been treated poorly; cops treat press poorly because they ignore them. Police harass minorities because they don't show any respect; minorities don't respect police because they've been harassed.

Uh. The two situations aren't really the same. I'm pretty sure most police would be just fine with the press ignoring them.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-21 07:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Press ignores cops because they have been treated poorly; cops treat press poorly because they ignore them. Police harass minorities because they don't show any respect; minorities don't respect police because they've been harassed.

Uh. The two situations aren't really the same. I'm pretty sure most police would be just fine with the press ignoring them.
Another issue is the degrees from the press and police.

Not all police officers are the same, there are only a few officers who actually harass people. People who claim to have been harassed do so because they didn't like the event that caused them to be "harassed" (i.e. getting pulled over, driving drunk, getting into an accident, going through security, etc.)

But the media is a closed-nit community. There isn't much variation between reporters and news broadcasters, and the treatment is nearly the same overall.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 31 32 33