Worth Coming Back?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Worth coming back?
Worth coming back?
 Siren.Insertname
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Insertname 2014-08-11 20:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit right around when seekers came out and I'm wondering if it's worth coming back. I only have two emps and I was geared in neo nyzul gear when I quit how hard would it be to catch up to the current standard.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2014-08-11 20:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not hard. Come back! ^^

Meow :3
By Pantafernando 2014-08-11 20:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

With those hips, pretty easy!
 Siren.Insertname
By Siren.Insertname 2014-08-11 20:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

my taru hips don't lie ;P
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-11 21:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its worth it
[+]
 Bahamut.Protectorchrono
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Protectorchrono 2014-08-11 21:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be honest, the game is not as "enticing" (my opinion so don't bite my head off) as it used to be so be prepared for the changes.

Check this link to get you started again: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana'diel

Start getting some Sparks gear (Item Level 117) to start. With that, you can at least get prepared for Wildskeeper Reives to get some ilvl 115 WKR gear that can now be augmented with some good stat boosts, PDT/MDT, etc, etc. Find a good LS and get some Delve 1.0 done to start getting some ilvl 119 gear (ilvl 119 is the current max ilvl for gear atm). Try out Delve 2.0 in Marjami Ravine, Kamihr Drifts, and Yorcia Weald to get alot of good ilvl 119 weapons/armor etc.

Skirmish is now soloable with trust npcs so try get all the trusts and solo some. Outer Ra'kaznar is a new area in Kamihr Drifts that's also a skirmish area.

Good Luck fellow player.
 Siren.Sieha
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-08-11 21:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

can we sticky one of these threads.
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-08-11 21:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Your emperyean weapons are useless unless you had them both 99'd. On the upside if they were level 90 you can get their WS for free.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-08-11 23:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you still have friends that play this because if you do they'll be able to help you fast. I recommend getting trusts and trying out the new mechanics of the games.

Just because you have RDM, WHM, BRD leveled doesn't mean you're equipped nor have the skill set to play those jobs. Since you have MNK leveled, probably faster to gear mnk and play a lot of endgame content on MNK.

I recommended if you have gil getting a Tinhaspa.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-08-19 00:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what these people are talking about with their super high expectations for mage gear. Do you want to get that gear? Absolutely. Can you get by with less? On WHM, absolutely. On BRD, questionable (certain instruments and gear is highly useful but they quit when SoA came out so they might have it). RDM I'm honestly not sure how hard it is to land enfeebles so I cannot say. You'll also be able to jump into content much easier on backline jobs than frontline jobs. My dualbox whm can heal delves perfectly fine and it only has I think 2 emp+2 and only 1-2 AF/Relic upgraded with the tamaxchi (which she got simply through RoE + all WKR's). Can I get better on that character? Absolutely. Can I already clear most of the content with it? You're goddamn right.
[+]
By Voren 2014-08-19 01:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

imo, DD's have it almost as easy. There's i117 weapons that are easy to obtain (sparks, homestead, and craftable) which, while not top tier, they're respectable enough to get you started.

20skcnm battles aren't bad either, I had a fun time doing 5 runs, managed to get plenty of seals for upgrades thanks to some LS mates that didn't mind having someone that wasn't in optimal gear.

Am I able to hold my own on new content as a DD? Probably not. Can I get there in a reasonable amount of time (couple weeks/months)? Absolutely.

It's all about how much effort you're willing to put in along with people seeing the effort and rewarding it by helping you obtain better gear, thus improving you and improving runs for everyone.

It's the players vs the game. Once more people realize this, the better everyone will become. Not to mention, now's the time to start on that relic, they're the cheapest and least time consuming to get to i119. I'm working on two right now, both are cheaper than getting one empy to i119 and less time consuming (overall) than a mythic.

Just my two cents.
By dragomair 2014-08-19 03:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
imo, DD's have it almost as easy. There's i117 weapons that are easy to obtain (sparks, homestead, and craftable) which, while not top tier, they're respectable enough to get you started.

20skcnm battles aren't bad either, I had a fun time doing 5 runs, managed to get plenty of seals for upgrades thanks to some LS mates that didn't mind having someone that wasn't in optimal gear.

Am I able to hold my own on new content as a DD? Probably not. Can I get there in a reasonable amount of time (couple weeks/months)? Absolutely.

It's all about how much effort you're willing to put in along with people seeing the effort and rewarding it by helping you obtain better gear, thus improving you and improving runs for everyone.

It's the players vs the game. Once more people realize this, the better everyone will become. Not to mention, now's the time to start on that relic, they're the cheapest and least time consuming to get to i119. I'm working on two right now, both are cheaper than getting one empy to i119 and less time consuming (overall) than a mythic.

Just my two cents.

And money is VERY helpful in getting a job (your first) to 119.
If you have even just a few mill you can 109/119 your JSE and get accessories.
If you start back with like 20m you can get JSE to 119 and buy a few delve wins if you need them.
By Voren 2014-08-19 04:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is delve still so hard that one would need to buy them? I'd say get into a half way decent LS that's not afraid of taking new/returning people to delve and skirmish to help gear.

As to the JSE, yeah that would help in most cases.
By Itay 2014-08-19 05:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about returning aswell but it seems to me that there aren't much EU / GMT shells active these days. Any recommends maybe?
 Asura.Trixta
Server: Asura
user: Trixtaar
By Asura.Trixta 2014-08-19 06:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Itay said: »
Thinking about returning aswell but it seems to me that there aren't much EU / GMT shells active these days. Any recommends maybe?

I'm sack holder to a pretty decent EU ls on asura. We run alot of content daily.. look up trixta ingame if you decide to come back. If your curious about the ls take a look at http://www.afterglowls.guildwork.com.
We do our best to help new and returning players and are always recruiting :)
 Asura.Trixta
Server: Asura
user: Trixtaar
By Asura.Trixta 2014-08-19 06:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And that last post goes to anyone looking to return to the game :) if your looking for an LS who run all content frequently or even a social with a player base thats primarily EU (have a good few NA players to) then message me on here or ingame :)