Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-05 09:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

New weapons at least look pretty cool, not reused models that I know of. Hopefully they will be better than or on par with Delve weapons so that the event is actually done. None of the trusts look very interesting but obviously that section was pretty short (Excenmilles horn thingy could be cool). The rest of it seems pretty meh, new job points seem about as good as the old ones, which isn't very good. The Blue Mage change could actually make the job good, but I kinda doubt it.
By Fallfromgrace 2014-08-05 09:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope the new skirmish weapons are job specific, other wise BLU is going to be using a very PLD looking sword again. :(
 Siren.Ulicaura
Server: Siren
user: danblend
By Siren.Ulicaura 2014-08-05 09:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this dude conjuring up little tarutaru models and floating them in the sky supposed to be of some significance that I've missed, being how they ended the video with it in what seemed to be a poignant manner?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-08-05 09:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Link to the new items, please?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 09:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that they're additing yet more Skirmish is nothing but negative imo.

*** random ***.

Give us the AF3 updates that are inevitably coming so we can have solid gear updates without wasting all of our time/money on disappointment.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

There won't be new items until next week when the update hits.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-05 09:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ulicaura said: »
Is this dude conjuring up little tarutaru models and floating them in the sky supposed to be of some significance that I've missed, being how they ended the video with it in what seemed to be a poignant manner?
Most likely it's(spoilered for those not caught up with missions yet)
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-08-05 09:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

More Skirmish Gez...
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-05 09:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

At least it's a new event, if the weapons end up being good it could last a little while also. Outer Rez is still a pretty active event on my server at least, so it has possible promise. I'd rather get a new Skirmish than 2 new High Level Battles that no one does because their items suck.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
At least it's a new event, if the weapons end up being good it could last a little while also. Outer Rez is still a pretty active event on my server at least, so it has possible promise. I'd rather get a new Skirmish than 2 new High Level Battles that no one does because their items suck.

Can't we just have new high-level battles with decent drops?

I mean, so far only the two most recent really seem less-than-ideal. The mithra BC is kinda butt, but even the Shadow Lord fight has some decent drops, but Stellar Fulcrum, Celestial Nexus, Tenzen, and Ouryu all have some good gets.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-05 10:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shetal stone is the one item that's made me excited to get since months.

Though, well, it's only one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

But...

Patentia Sash?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-05 10:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect nothing good from this: weapon will either be weaker than r/e/m or only usefull to job no one really use outside of soloing EP.

I really hope I'm wrong :(
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I expect nothing good from this: weapon will either be weaker than r/e/m or only usefull to job no one really use outside of soloing EP.

If they're equal to or stronger than REM they should take as much work.

There are already enough REM that are more or less meaningless. I think a lot of people don't give enough credit to how strong some of the current non-REM options really are.

I'm okay with new endgame weapons, but they've got to come with the same investment. And Skirmish should never be the answer, regardless.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-05 10:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

But...

Patentia Sash?
I'm a cor you ***! *slaps*
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-05 10:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

can't imagine they'll release weapons that beat REM, especially since they said we'd have some control over augments

they already tried that once and chose to fix it later

the question then becomes, why will anyone with access to REM do skirmish4.. maybe they'll have some unique characteristics that make them situationally superior(thinking mages more than melee here, but who knows) or maybe the event will just be a flop because even jonny casual has multiple relics these days
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

But...

Patentia Sash?
I'm a cor you ***! *slaps*

Meh. Can't remember the last time I got to melee on corsair.

Last time I tried to /dnc the entire linkshell gave me ***for not going /whm to help mages.

Which, frankly, is probably for the best anyhow because it's not like I get bard songs when I get swapped in and out of the same slot as the bard.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-05 10:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I melee everywhere. And speaking of that I'd appreciate a new dagger or sword more than a new gun.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-08-05 10:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There are already enough REM that are more or less meaningless. I think a lot of people don't give enough credit to how strong some of the current non-REM options really are.

I'm okay with new endgame weapons, but they've got to come with the same investment. And Skirmish should never be the answer, regardless.

I think an event with just weapon is pointless/bad idea:

-If those weapon beat r/e/m people will cry(I wish this update would replace koga from sam idc how easy it is to get :()

-If those weapon don't beat r/e/m the event will die very fast(waste of resource/dev time)

I don't see how an event that only add weapon can succeed on XI at the moment :(
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-05 10:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

sounds like your linkshell has some strange party construction
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-08-05 10:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, so far only the two most recent really seem less-than-ideal. The mithra BC is kinda butt, but even the Shadow Lord fight has some decent drops, but Stellar Fulcrum, Celestial Nexus, Tenzen, and Ouryu all have some good gets.
Even the four before the Mithra/Shadow Lord ones have extremely niche drops that lead to them rarely being done. I bet if I compared number of shouts for all of the Post-Ark Angel High Level Battles to that of just Outer Rek, Outer Rek would have more shouts or at least be in the ballpark. That is an event that is very old now too, much older than Ouryu or Mithran Trackers.

What's important is to have an event that appeals to more people. The high level battlefields they release only appeal to a few people generally, thus are rarely done. Outer Rek has gear that literally every job in the game uses at least at some point, so it was and still is a pretty popular event. Hopefully the new Skirmish Weapons will be good enough to appeal to a lot of jobs so we can have an event that lasts longer than the first day it comes out.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think an event with just weapon is pointless/bad idea:

-If those weapon beat r/e/m people will cry(I wish this update would replace koga from sam idc how easy it is to get :()

-If those weapon don't beat r/e/m the event will die very fast(waste of resource/dev time)

I don't see how an event that only add weapon can succeed on XI at the moment :(

Mmmm. Guess I don't agree with you on that level. I was just speaking to the idea of weapons better than REM coming from Skirmish.

I already stated my opinion of the shitfest that is Skirmish though, so really we're just in agreement, though for intersecting ideas as to why.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
sounds like your linkshell has some strange party construction

We've got a lot factors at play. And a lot of mules.

I'm not on corsair most of the time anyhow due to that anyhow.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I melee everywhere. And speaking of that I'd appreciate a new dagger or sword more than a new gun.

Agreed on the dagger/sword aspect. A new corsair-JSE sword would be *** sweet. Mostly just because I want a cutlass for thematic purposes. They can use a reskinned Nadrs model for all I care.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Even the four before the Mithra/Shadow Lord ones have extremely niche drops that lead to them rarely being done. I bet if I compared number of shouts for all of the Post-Ark Angel High Level Battles to that of just Outer Rek, Outer Rek would have more shouts or at least be in the ballpark. That is an event that is very old now too, much older than Ouryu or Mithran Trackers.

What's important is to have an event that appeals to more people. The high level battlefields they release only appeal to a few people generally, thus are rarely done. Outer Rek has gear that literally every job in the game uses at least at some point, so it was and still is a pretty popular event. Hopefully the new Skirmish Weapons will be good enough to appeal to a lot of jobs so we can have an event that lasts longer than the first day it comes out.

While I understand what you're saying, a new event entirely or a more everyone-friendly set of BCs like AAs/DM would be preferable to Skirmish.

Skirmish is so *** lame.

SE has this causality error that they never seem to shake. It happened with tatters and it's happening with Skirmish. People participate in an activity to get the best gear out there, so they assume people like the system. When, in fact, it's sort of the other way around. People need the gear, so they tolerate the system.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-05 10:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
If the event brought out niche weapons all jobs can use like another cure staff for more jobs or twilight scythe style GK/sword/h2h/club/GS or fast cast options/idling options

It could be pretty damn popularnecessary

Driving home my point, so FTFY.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-05 10:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt mind i119 refresh legs to replace Nares, at least until they decide to upgrade NNI gear.
[+]
 Asura.Meekriot
user: Meekriot
By Asura.Meekriot 2014-08-05 10:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that they're additing yet more Skirmish is nothing but negative imo.

*** random ***.

Give us the AF3 updates that are inevitably coming so we can have solid gear updates without wasting all of our time/money on disappointment.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

There won't be new items until next week when the update hits.

Couldn't agree more. BRING ON THE AF3!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-05 10:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't mind 119 refresh gear in general(75 set gets 7/tick for most jobs, 119 set gets 2), but from what they've said we're only getting weapons
First Page 2 3 4 5