users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Returning XI Player seeking active endgame LS
Returning XI Player seeking active endgame LS
 Shiva.Amecia
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Amecia 2014-08-05 04:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I played XI for 5 years, and have 2 75's. I'm returning to catch up, and take on the SoA content and new endgame. I have spent the last 2.5 years leading a 40 man ls/fc in FFX|V but it's just not for me. I retired from that position a few months ago and am ready to plug myself back in.

I am a game developer, work from home, have a wide availability to commit to raid schedules, and want to find a home. I typically have a more mature / serious nature about me but I do enjoy taking part in conversations and assisting others when possible.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly here, or you can email me at amecia at live.com. Or you can find me via my guildwork profile here: http://guildwork.com/users/katsuko8.

I typically played PLD main tank in X|V, however my 75's in XI are COR and BLU.
 Asura.Darknaut
Server: Asura
user: Darknaut
By Asura.Darknaut 2014-08-05 09:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No offense Amecia, but my biggest piece of advice for anyone who is a returning player from 75 era is to read this link :

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

I don't say that for demoralise or discourage you, its always good to see some ppl coming back to FFXI ! But for attempting to joign a ls who run on last content you seem to have a looooooot of work . . . in this condition maybe its better for you to choose a friendly social ls who can help on lower content before hardest endgame activities .
As i said, not here for break your taste so good luck !

And sry for the french'english :P
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-08-05 09:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

GL. you'll see how struggling is returning back with the current game population. Most servers are dead and the NA players barely play ffxi but some hardcores.
By MagicofGaia 2014-08-05 13:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The group that I lead in X|V was a fairly hc competitive PvE group. We finished Rivenroad (hard) in 1.0, obtained 1.0 relics, and were among the first few to take down Twintania in turn 5 / 2.0.

I'm not bothered by the workload / difficulty I'm facing, and I don't need a babysitter. :) I just need a solid group that might be willing to help me re-adjust slightly and plug me in when I'm ready.

(I just realized I posted as my account name, not the character. This is still Amecia... gdi)
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2014-08-05 14:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
GL. you'll see how struggling is returning back with the current game population. Most servers are dead and the NA players barely play ffxi but some hardcores.

This is ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-08-05 14:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

MagicofGaia said: »
I'm not bothered by the workload / difficulty I'm facing, and I don't need a babysitter. :) I just need a solid group that might be willing to help me re-adjust slightly and plug me in when I'm ready.

The problem is, you're very far from being ready. For eg. you have 24 levels to catch up (on 2 jobs that are not even that relevant - blu is pretty unpopular and cor is pretty much considered a mule job unless you're really well geared.), 4 limit breaks, plenty of merits, the easier adoulin content... the list goes on

FFXI of now is very different to 75 cap. For one, majority of the content is 6-manned. a solid group probably doesn't consist anything more than 8-10 people (if that many). The less the reason they would want to help out a level 75 player with pretty much nothing in terms of gear and content cleared.

Find a social linkshell, catch up and get a feel of what current ffxi is like. When you understand what's going on and what do you need to get yourself end game ready, you'd probably know whether this game is for you and it wouldn't be too late to apply to a decent end game ls then.
By camaroz 2014-08-05 14:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's worth it!! ok
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-08-05 14:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ignore the "you're behind and you'll have a hard time catching up" talk. It's easier than ever to get to the endgame, if that's your goal, even if playing mostly solo. A good deal of the endgame content doesn't even need 6 players.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Baek
By Lakshmi.Baek 2014-08-05 14:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't that hard to catch up with exp parties/FOV/GOV and such especially if you use trusts to help fight. You will have to really level other jobs mainly to get end game content done like WHM, BRD, or any melee. Whitemage is easy to gear and is always in demand. There aren't a lot of people on servers which allows a person to get more things done without overcamping NM's for gear like Abyssea and such. So yeah just put in the time and you will be fine. If you need anything just shout or yell in game.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-08-06 22:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voidwolf said: »

This is ***.
this is true @ lakshmi server, it's almost/always at 500 users online (most of them afk) even on jp prime, NA players are almost non existent as well
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-06 22:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you ever get tired of posting BS? It isn't hard to catch up at all if you took a break.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-08-06 23:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not when you try to do AA's/ and other endgame content that takes up to 6 members/shouting for HOURS because the game is almost unplayable, (unless you pay for shitloads of mules) this is not BS, everyone know this is a major issue on ffxi.
By Luvbunny1 2014-08-06 23:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's far more easier to catch up now more than ever. You do need a solid LS though, a social one would be great and just do stuffs on your own pace. The game has more options than ever before. And what still wins this game hands down is the strong social bond and the community, which now, you only need even a smaller handful. A group of 6-12 people can easily do most endgame stuffs in this game. A lot of people will tell you to level jobs XYZ, and to an extend it is somewhat true only because people do not want to get out of their comfort zone.

FF14 may have the prettiest ride and great quality of life and HUD but the toxicity of duty of finder and the barely existing community is a real killer over there. Either way, welcome and enjoy the much improved FFXI.
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-08-06 23:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very tricky to exp now as well unless you want to spend a considerable amount of time doing it by yourself with trusts. Or...... you find someone that is exping on abyssea mis on raptors camp.

This is why there is lots of people quitting ffxi after coming back, it's really discouraging.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-06 23:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not when you try to do AA's/ and other endgame content that takes up to 6 members/shouting for HOURS because the game is almost unplayable, (unless you pay for shitloads of mules) this is not BS, everyone know this is a major issue on ffxi.

It is BS, you can do those things just fine. If you can't even find groups you can farm sparks to buy the page themselves from NPC, don't even have to do those.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cledant
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2014-08-06 23:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever Draylo, everything is fine for you, ffxi it's not peaches and cream at all.

@OP just take a look at the ffxi forums please, don't bother with ffxiah, only a small group of hardcore players with shitloads of mules posts in here.

Draylo is contradicting himself by posting how hard is to find people on ffxi for alliance content/ daily ffxiah bumping posts to find linkshell members. GL
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-06 23:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are mistaken, I don't bump my recruitment thread daily at all. You don't even need more than 6 people for content anymore, maybe those bumps you see for other linkshells are because they like talking and playing with others. They don't do it out of necessity.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-06 23:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very tricky to exp now as well unless you want to spend a considerable amount of time doing it by yourself with trusts. Or...... you find someone that is exping on abyssea mis on raptors camp.

This is why there is lots of people quitting ffxi after coming back, it's really discouraging.

It took me 3 days of casual playing to get 1 job lv 99.

I don't have mules.

And lol@reading OF. Just because ppl want to complain that they can't get ***done in 3hr, doesn't make the it legit.
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-08-07 00:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever Draylo, everything is fine for you, ffxi it's not peaches and cream at all.

@OP just take a look at the ffxi forums please, don't bother with ffxiah, only a small group of hardcore players with shitloads of mules posts in here.

Draylo is contradicting himself by posting how hard is to find people on ffxi for alliance content/ daily ffxiah bumping posts to find linkshell members. GL

you seem to have a bug up your ***. I had someone come back from 90 cap not too long ago. In 2 days we got them geared up and useful. Its not hard to catch up. Its almost enjoyable since you get to omg... play the game!

maybe your server sucks for helping people or maybe since you are such a cranky person no one helps you.

to the OP, dont read the ffxi forums. Its mostly a bunch of whiners and complainers. If you want a real idea talk to people who enjoy the game.
[+]
By MagicofGaia 2014-08-07 22:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Whaddya know. 75~99, all LB's, and got NIN to 50 in less than 4 days. I think some people just don't want to do the footwork.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-07 22:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

lolwhat?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2014-08-07 23:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
The hardest thing in ffxi now is getting a mythic, everything else can be done in a couple hours of dedication; finding a static and/or creating an event around your playtime is the best way to achieve more faster. Finding people in game nowadays is easy if you learn how to unzombie people lol.. this game can get boring fast if you overwhelm yourself and last but not least, play naked.

Nah, mythic is cheaper than empy now, imo empy afterglow is the hardest just because you can't solo cinder.
By Voren 2014-08-08 01:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
eslim said: »
The hardest thing in ffxi now is getting a mythic, everything else can be done in a couple hours of dedication; finding a static and/or creating an event around your playtime is the best way to achieve more faster. Finding people in game nowadays is easy if you learn how to unzombie people lol.. this game can get boring fast if you overwhelm yourself and last but not least, play naked.

Nah, mythic is cheaper than empy now, imo empy afterglow is the hardest just because you can't solo cinder.

I think Eslim was referring to time consumption and sheer amount of work involved, but yeah empy weapons are ridiculous to farm now unless you want to 90 it to unlock the ws. Past that, relics and mythics kill empys with relics being the easiest to obtain.
By BlaTheTaru 2014-08-11 18:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Head to another server or find a small group of people who will help you along to do endgame content. Most of the event shells are pretty full, or the ones that aren't are utter ***. I've found it's a lot easier to low man things with a few good people, and limiting pugs to a minimal. I'm on Shiva so if you do choose to come back on this server just send me a message on here or in game and I'll help you with what I can bud.
By mortontony1 2014-08-21 14:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2014-08-23 14:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Amecia said: »
I played XI for 5 years, and have 2 75's. I'm returning to catch up, and take on the SoA content and new endgame. I have spent the last 2.5 years leading a 40 man ls/fc in FFX|V but it's just not for me. I retired from that position a few months ago and am ready to plug myself back in.

I am a game developer, work from home, have a wide availability to commit to raid schedules, and want to find a home. I typically have a more mature / serious nature about me but I do enjoy taking part in conversations and assisting others when possible.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly here, or you can email me at amecia at live.com. Or you can find me via my guildwork profile here: http://guildwork.com/users/katsuko8.

I typically played PLD main tank in X|V, however my 75's in XI are COR and BLU.
If your willing to jump servers my linkshell will be more then happy to take you in and get you up to speed on gear and levels.
 Asura.Backstab
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-08-23 17:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

reading your posts i can understand why you are having a hard time with ffxi, not everyone is you tho. for others the game is really easy to catch up with, you just need a common Knowledge of how the game works.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2014-08-23 17:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

MagicofGaia said: »
Whaddya know. 75~99, all LB's, and got NIN to 50 in less than 4 days. I think some people just don't want to do the footwork.

Well done. Now time to farm up a nice relic for yourself. Gonna ***yourself when you see how easy it is to solo one of them in a month or so compared to how difficult it was to obtain 5 years ago. Glad your having fun with the game again.