Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Nuking gearset
Nuking gearset
By steroids 2014-08-04 18:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I havent played blm in a long time, i was wondering if someone could show me some of their nuking gearsets / what they think is the best so i can know what to aim for , thx in advance! (all information is welcomed)
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-04 19:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

steroids said: »
all information is welcomed

More INT and more MAB = better.

Magic Damage+ for low tier nukes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By steroids 2014-08-04 22:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

thx for the info, im not too aware of what all gear is out there, dont see too many elite blms around.
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2014-08-04 22:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 326873
This is my SCH nuking set.
Magic Attack Bonus augments as follows:
Lehbrailg +2: +28
Hagondes Coat: +19
Hagondes Pants: +16
Hagondes Sabots: +18

For BLM main you can swap Bookworm's Cape out for Toro Cape, and waist out for something better, but I don't know of anything better offhand. There's room for upgrades on my own set, but that's low-tier nuking, which is mainly what I do on SCH.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-04 22:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said: »
ItemSet 326873
This is my SCH nuking set.
Magic Attack Bonus augments as follows:
Lehbrailg +2: +28
Hagondes Coat: +19
Hagondes Pants: +16
Hagondes Sabots: +18

For BLM main you can swap Bookworm's Cape out for Toro Cape, and waist out for something better, but I don't know of anything better offhand. There's room for upgrades on my own set, but that's low-tier nuking, which is mainly what I do on SCH.

New rings are better. Fenrir Ring +1 wins for low tier and Shiva Ring +1 wins for high tier.

Otomi Gloves wins for low tier and Hagondes with a high enough MAB augment will win for high tier.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-04 22:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

steroids said: »
thx for the info, im not too aware of what all gear is out there, dont see too many elite blms around.

Like Otsego touched upon. Sch gear and Blm gear is nearly identical, so you can look at the Sch forum for help also.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-04 22:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ammo, grip, head

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-08-05 16:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing i've done, which i highly recommend is to build 3 sets. Lots of gear will overlap between them, so it's not too terrible on inventory. A high tier nuke set, a low tier nuke set, and a pure magic accuracy set.

weapon-
venabulum: drop from AATT, this is a nice well rounded staff
-lehbrailg+2: properly augmented, this is one of the strongest nuking staves. easy to obtain from skirmish, and upgrade while working on hagondes gear
-twebuliij: fairly easy to obtain from a key item you can get outside delve and plasm, this staff augments with some of the best magic accuracy
-zuuxowu grip: due to the lack of a good MAB grip or int grip, this is your best damage grip, skc20 yags drop
-mephitis grip: great for macc: easy drop in foret delve

ranged-
dosis tathlum: good magic damage, skc10 drop
erlenes notebook: mab option with some -enm
aureole: slightly expensive because it's an AV drop, still best option for magic acc

head-
hagondes hat/+1: best damage head out there, especially once you augment with mab
buremte cap: no mab, but it does have macc15 and mdmg10, tree wkr

neck-
eddy necklace: very nice mab option, this is a drop from foret delve boss
imbodla necklace: with int, mnd, elemental, enfeebling, this does double duty as a macc piece for nukes and enfeebles

earrings-
friomisi: mab10, lion wkr
crematio: drop from AATT (only in divine might) has a good mix of MAB and mdmg
novio: mab7 jailer of love drop, easy to obtain
hecates: mab6 rani drop, also easy to obtain
gwati: drop from one of the low tier nms in marjami delve, very common drop and great for magic accuracy
lifestorm and psystorm: this set has int/mnd/enm-/ and macc12, great for macc
moonshade: if you're a career mage, and know you won't be doing any melee jobs, complete wings of the goddess missions and you can augment macc4 or mab4 along with refresh on this earring

body-
hagondes/+1: awesome nuking body, mab augment makes it even better
artsieq: can be augmented several ways, can and will keep up but not beat hagondes body for damage. it does however have macc possible augments
vanir: a balance of mab18/macc18 paired with fast cast and haste, this is a supreme precast piece as well as a strong macc nuke piece

hands-
hagondes/+1: starting with macc20, a strong MAB augment makes these into some of the best hands out there
otomi: mab13/macc13/mdmg10/enm- and can be augmented with int or mdmg for low tier nukes

rings-
shivas: newest rings on the market, crafted +1s are millions of gil
acumen: a decent nuking ring, easily obtained with sparks
perception: good macc ring, also sparks
sangoma: best macc ring, drop from foret delve boss
strendu: fairly good mab ring from voidwatch ironclad

back-
bane: JSE cape from reives, good macc, good mdmg
toro: lion wkr drop, best int and mab
seshaw: i think is crafted? pure mab

waist-
maniacus sash: mab at the cost of macc, not a fan of this piece
othila sash: good mab, odin2 drop, AHable
elemental obis: make them, use them when weather/day are applicable
ovate rope: macc at the cost of mab, best for enfeebles
tengu-no-obi: macc with mdmg and some spell crit, gessho drop
sekhmet corset: AAMR drop, nice mdmg

legs-
hagondes/+1: best. damage. legs. get these
mes'yohi slacks: great macc, stellar fulcrum fight, kinda hard to get
artsieq: great precast piece, also augmentable with lots of macc

feet-
hagondes/+1: no native mab, but strong mab augments put it on top
umbani: marjami delve boss drop, competitive with hagondes+1 on damage
manabyss: AAHM drop, third place damage feet, also a great option
artsieq: good macc feet

TLDR:
do skirmish, get hagondes set and lehbrailg, upgrade to +1/+2 and get mab augments

do wkrs, get otomi hands, toro cape, friomisi earring, buremte cap, bane cape

do delve for clears, get artsieq set, eddy necklace, imbodla necklace, lifestorm and psystorm earrings, gwati earring, umbani boots, sangoma ring

fill in blanks
[+]
By steroids 2014-08-05 17:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thx alot guys!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-07 14:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Mckenzee, really helpful structure. I'm a career light DD job player, but trying to learn some BLM on my mule (WHM, BLM) and make some respectable 119 sets. Nice to see currently useful post-Adoulin options all laid out together like you did.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-08-11 17:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding to what Mckenzee wrote and what Eslim posted, spaekona's coat +1 is the best, and probably only, AF/Relic piece you should get.
Great for low tier nukes and Abyssea/old content.
By Retsujo 2014-08-15 12:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, returning player here. Wondering one thing about all of this:

Last I heard, the magian trial staves were still pretty top-tier. Is this not the case anymore? I don't remember (and can't find) how exactly the % bonus comes into play from those staves, and can't find anyone's testing to see if Lehbrailg +2 really does beat out the magian trial staves. Would anyone mind explaining?
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2014-09-06 02:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The ToM damage staves are out dated now. They're good starter pieces, but Atinian Staff outperforms them and is relatively cheap.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-09-06 06:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Odaru said: »
The ToM damage staves are out dated now. They're good starter pieces, but Atinian Staff outperforms them and is relatively cheap.
They're not exactly outdated.... But they basically are.
Now that 119 staves are raining from the sky, we can see that the Mdmg from those basically contributes the same as +6 affinity for T5s... (Now if there were only a way to have substantial Mdmg AND affinity... I miss the affinity mechanic.)

Lebreilig+1 performed basically the same as Chatoyant (personal tests back when that was new).
And Atinian is slightly not as good than the Magian staves... The gap is larger than lebreilig+1vMaff+3... But it's still small enough to not matter....

However... This is all about T5s... And who casts those at all anymore??
With 119 staff, MAB and Mdmg gear... Your Stones can net you +1k... +1k!!
So why ever bother dropping a T5, doing the same damage as 3~5 T1s... At 50x the cost... With a larger enmity spike? (I can't tell you how many dumbass BLMs in their ***spark armor ruin the fun of everyone else in WKRs by casting T5s and Meteor, pulling hate and killing everyone...)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [115 days between previous and next post]
By Woofell 2014-12-30 08:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get a bane cape with +10 elemental dmg augment on it would you say this is the best for Nuking? Also Hagondes is good but not for high lvl things right? At some point CL128+ you need magic accuracy > magic attack bonus?

In my mind I see Magic Attack bonus like to see Attack power. It only works so well until you start missing/ getting resisted.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-12-30 08:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no "best cape for nuking," but a Bane cape with +10 elemental skill is certainly useful.

You should make two or three sets with different degrees of Damage -> MAcc sacrifice.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-12-30 08:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Even as Mythic SCH using all tricks in my pocket like Klimaform, Frazzle and Aftermath 1 CL128+ Incursion is a resistfest only really rescued by how OP Geo buffs/debuffs are.

However you can get to a point where you can comfortbly nuke Delve 2 bosses (if people let you)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2015-02-10 12:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working on posting updated sets for blm.

It's a work in progress, and I need your precious help to avoid missing things.

Here's one of the nuking set and details for every slots :

We're nuking tojil with this one, we never need mp. We're just aiming for the best damage possible.

ItemSet 333199

Weapon / sub slot :
Mythic is above everything on every tier, even before Aftermath.
If you happen to get int+8 and max MAB on a Lehbrailg +2 (prepare to spend billions there) it comes really close damagewise. Being only distanced on Tier1 magic.
Lehbrailg +2 with max MAB alone still gives the better results if you don't have a mythic.

Keraunos (Alluvion skirmish Rala) with only mab+8 augment get the third place and is a very cheap weapon to make.

For the record, Marin +1 only wins on Aero spells when you get max augment from unity rank. Keep it for precast.

Ammo :
Ombre tahtlum even NQ beats everything else. Erlene's noteboox get third place (meeble Burrows Battalia 50k points)

Head :
Relic reforged +1 for AM2, Hagondes even NQ for everything else.

Hands :
Again Hagondes +1 with max augment is above. Otomi with INT aug is a fair replacement.

Body :
Hagondes wins again.

Legs :
Hagondes +1 again. Unbeatable.

Feet :
Umbani boots from Marjami Delve Boss wins everytime except on tier V magic where hagondes +1 full mab aug wins. With a 0.2% improvement, yay !
Just get umbani.

Back :
Toro all the way. Maybe a perfect bane from incursion is better in high resists situation with elemental magic+.

Waist :
Yamabuki-no-Obi from incursion wins everytime. Get it.
If you don't like incursion, maniacus sash (legion) if accuracy is not a problem, othila sash otherwise.

Rings :
Farm some gils and get 2 Shiva+1. It's a really big improvement over anything else. (6% improvement over strendu / Angha)

Earrings :
Friomisi is a no brainer. For second slot,Crematio is above novio even on high tiers /ja /am.

To be continued...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-02-10 13:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Before starting this post, I realize that you already specified situations where MP doesn't matter. Thus you don't really care about MP conservation or low tier spells. However:

Body: AF reforged body +1 is essential for situations where you don't have a ton of Refresh.

Hat: Relic Reforged +1 head only beats a well augmented Hagondes +1 for AMIIs with more than 1 merit.

Waist: Acuity Belt +1 comes close to / beats Yamabuki-no-Obi if you're in the #1 Unity that week. It's pretty good for Vidohunir too.

Ammo/Grip: Dosis Tathlum is better than Ombre +1 on spells below Tier 3, last time I checked. Similar story with Elder's Grip +1 and Zuu Grip, although I prefer Elder's as an all-purpose grip.

Neck: Eddy Necklace is superior to Mizu on low tier spells.

Affinity notable mentions: Archon Ring, Quanpur Necklace, and Pixie Hairpin +1 are fantastic.

On harder content you'll need to strike a balance between stats that boost accuracy, stats that boost damage, and Enmity-.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-02-10 13:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why no one like sorc ring?
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2015-02-10 13:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot byrth. That's the kind of info i'm looking for, from veteran players like you.

I'd like to gather it all and share something I'm unable to find somewhere else.
 Valefor.Grenseal
Server: Valefor
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2015-02-26 08:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened to the elemental day bonus on relic legs? Is it lost when you reforge it?
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-02-26 09:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You didnt include new random augments from the new skirmish. likely it will improve most slots for higher level spells.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-26 10:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Grenseal said: »
What happened to the elemental day bonus on relic legs? Is it lost when you reforge it?

Actually, when you upgrade it to +2.
 Valefor.Grenseal
Server: Valefor
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2015-02-26 11:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I see, thanks.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-02-26 13:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The new Helios gear can be augmented with the following stats for nuking:

Snowdim:
MAB+25
MAB/MACC+20
MACC +25

LeafDim:
OccultAcumen+10
Mcrit+10
FastCast+5

DuskDim:
MBdmg +10%
Mcritdmg+10
INT+10

There are other stats that can apear which are not directly relevant for nuking. You can look at https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Alluvion_Skirmish_Armor for more information but it's still a work in progress.

These max Augments can be reached even with +1 Stones. Also no matter how I spin it Mcrit is a silly mechanic and not really worth the effort. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Critical_Hit

Head:
Helios Band with +25MAB +10INT is about even to a +22MB Hagondes hat. Better on some nukes, worse on some.

Body:
Hagondes wins for raw damage.

Hands:
Helios hands win for raw damage.

Legs:
Hagondes wins for raw damage.

Feet:
Helios Boots win for raw damage.

Now there is a huge grey area of about how much power you need/want to sacrifice for MACC on nonfodder or how willing you are to create multiple sets with different augments or even a full blown +MagicBurst damage set (+40% on gear/merits is the cap - Jobtraits exluded. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Burst).

EDIT: Snowdims +1 were better than SE intended which was "fixed" in an emergency maintenance.

EDIT2: Apparently Keraunos can get augmented with a massive amount of INT making it a highly competitive staff: http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/76024